Life may be short

Hang in there GM. The important thing is that you said they caught the cancer early. The urologist caught my prostrate cancer at an early stage in 2002 and operated on me shortly after the diagnosis.i am still gratefully here and enjoying our grandchildren. I will be praying for your full recpvery.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't you dare leave the "premises" till I hit a game score smack on the head.

SomebodyU 84 UT 82

If'n Prayers help, you got all you need, GMule

Reactions: 3 people
My Thoughts and prayers are with you through this difficult time. stay strong, keep fighting, you will beat this.

I thought I'd let my friends know in my favorite forum,that life isn't looking good,to be blunt I've been diagnosed with cancer

I'm not sure how it is going to go,i've been told that it has been found early,but I'm fighting with my insurance company right now,to get stuff done

so it beats the hell out of me,ya'll piss me off and are my friends at the same time,that does makes us all fans of the Lady Vols

this is the reason I've been a bit slow about getting stuff posted lately,life is sucking,but who knows.I'm hoping to make CHW's team make the opening of next season,hopefully,with some help from my friends,you know who you are

as I all ways say,Go Lady Vols :clapping:

You're gonna beat it gule! Knee -mail has been sent. The kiss of the enemy is deceitful , the wounds of a friend are faithful. Good luck.

Reactions: 4 people
Prayers for you Mule. We don't know what tomorrow holds, but we know Who holds tomorrow.

Prayers for strength, calm, courage, and wisdom for the medical staff.

God will never leave you or forsake you.

And if you come to this message board, neither will we Lady Vol fans! 😜

I know,but facing my mortality sucks,it does have me freaked out

Very sorry you're having to face this now, g'mule. I remember how it felt at first, like I had no control over emotions or anything. But regardless how bad you feel, know that your reaction couldn't be better. Freaked out is good. You're not in denial. You're facing reality square-on after taking one of life's biggest gut punches. And yeah, it'll take a while to absorb a punch like that.

But soon enough you will, and when you catch your breath again, call on your inner Pat Summitt. Your lifetime of fandom is going to give you an advantage. You've observed closer than most, and with more insight, what coaches and players do to respond successfully to challenges. Use that.

For you, sports just ceased to be entertainment or even a metaphor for life. Now it's application time. You'll find your game face. Just know that volnation is proud to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you, whether in spirit or in person.

And without getting preachy, it's a lot easier to face the coming battles if you've already settled the BIG mortality question. Once you can be confident that your hereafter is in Someone trustworthy's hands, you'll be free to engage the fight 110% on behalf of yourself and your loved ones.

Keep being honest, with yourself and your friends. It's inspiring. :good!:

Reactions: 4 people
Try a not for profit hospital in your area -- they wont be so bent on getting the money and wont refuse treatment -- hang in there I enjoy your game threads
Not for profit hospital??? Didn't know their was such.. other than St. Jude and Shriners, who else??? ( drawing a blank for others, really would like to know)

I know its a shock to get that news, but keep your chin up. In 2001 I was diagnosed with kidney cancer and they didn't catch it early. I was stage 4 and had a kidney removed. Figured I had to get my affairs in order pronto.

Well, here it is 16 years later and I'm still able to do everything I could do in 2001. (My wife just reminded me that's not quite true). Here I am enjoying my grand sons playing baseball with great skill when I first thought I'd never even know if I would have grand children.

Doctors have made great strides in keeping people with cancer alive with new drugs and treatment options. Just make sure you have a quality doctor and hospital.

The fear and dread you are now experiencing will fade as you get use to the diagnosis, have treatments. Just carry on. Don't cancel your Lady Vol season tickets. You will live to use them. Renew your driver's license for the maximum allowable time. Believe me, it won't be long before you're not even thinking about the cancer diagnosis.

Great response for a person who needs a lift from one who's been there. You can always tell by the response to a situation when it's made by someone who's carried the load themselves.

So sorry to hear this but glad they caught it early. Your posts will be all the more appreciated during your treatment.

I know,but facing my mortality sucks,it does have me freaked out

As a survivor myself, I can honestly tell you that the emotions related to the uncertainty of what may happen is the absolute worst part of it all. The physical part of treatment and/or surgery is one thing, but that is manageable. My only advice is stay mentally strong, and surround yourself with positive, supportive folks that love you. I'm not sure who your oncology group is, but TCSC in Knoxville fought like hell with my insurance company on my behalf. You are the captain of this ship. Please know that I will be thinking of you daily. You cancervive!!!!

Even though I don't post as much as I used to, I "all ways" enjoy reading your posts mule. Hang in there. You are in my prayers.

VN Store

Back