Let's Try Again - Gun Law Changes

More cars on the street increases chances of car accidents. The cars don’t do anything wrong..... the operators do. But there is a problem with how many cars are being driven and how many wrecks there are. Same goes for guns.

I believe that. With that said, I have no idea how to fix this issue without stepping on one or the other sides rights.

With cars it's road space and congestion combined with how many cars. With guns it's people period.

Reactions: 1 person
More guns equal more violence. Or at least more guns equal the chances of more violence and I honestly believe that that is one of the issues.

Actually I don't think that's the case at all. Even though there has been a huge run of gun sales over the last decade we're still way below the firearm homicide rates of the early/mid '90's.

Wtf. USA Today says people are affixing chainsaws to their AR-15s.

DOJHi3NUMAAxRu0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Actually I don't think that's the case at all. Even though there has been a huge run of gun sales over the last decade we're still way below the firearm homicide rates of the early/mid '90's.

I do. Nothing else makes sense.m to me because honestly..... on this issue.... nothing at all makes sense that would infringe on the others sides rights. That’s what makes this difficult.

I do. Nothing else makes sense.m to me because honestly..... on this issue.... nothing at all makes sense that would infringe on the others sides rights. That’s what makes this difficult.

It's not how many guns are available.

And what sides rights are you afraid to infringe on? Only 1 side of this debate is wanting to infringe on peoples rights.

Are we talking about the same thing? (we may not be) My assertion is that (from multiple sources) overall firearm homicide rates are significantly lower (by something like 50%) than they were 20 years ago. This in spite of there being a huge uptick in gun sales/carry permit applications over the last decade or so. (though that's slowed down somewhat over the last few years)

The number of guns doesn’t really concern me either. Guns are not a consumable, you don’t really break them or wreck them, they don’t go obsolete. There are millions of fully functional 1903’s, k98’s, mosins, garands, etc. around our country. So the numbers will continue to rise because new guns do not replace old guns. But the percentage of people owning guns will continue to go down.

I wouldn't have wanted to deal with guys that didn't want to be there. Guys just marking time drag down a unit.
That's fair and I agree. I think there should be some sort of public service though. Peace Corps... resurrect the Civil Conservation Corps....something. Too many people take too much for granted. And everybody can do something. There are very few people that are so disabled that they cannot answer a phone.

VN Store

Back