Let's Try Again - Gun Law Changes

...and the U.S. is not. It's not that their /gun culture/ is different, their culture--period--is far different. They don't have too many yahoos in Switzerland who embrace their ignorance whereas America is teeming with them. And they don't have the poverty that has become a serious problem in America (and yet the Republican agenda consists solely of stiffing average Americans, who have already been stiffed for 25 years in a variety of ways and doing more favors for the rich and corporate America). The poverty has greatly exacerbated mental health issues in this country.

We should ban all handguns and assault rifles in America--period. Get rid of them all: no manufacture, no sale, no importation, supplemented by turn-in programs and confiscation. The yahoos are a major problem because they've allowed themselves to be led around the NRA and other pro-gun groups who value gun sales more than human lives. This NRA/redneck notion that we need more people walking around with more guns is the height of stupidity--insanity.

I lived in Japan--safest country in the world. Why? No guns. And yet we have people who want to argue that more guns will make us safer. These are America's black-is-white conservatives, who've been played by the NRA.

Yeah you Democrats are pretty ignorant.

Also, you should look at the mass shooters and see how many were registered Democrats, and who belonged to the NRA. It may shock you.

Reactions: 1 person
...and the U.S. is not. It's not that their /gun culture/ is different, their culture--period--is far different. They don't have too many yahoos in Switzerland who embrace their ignorance whereas America is teeming with them. And they don't have the poverty that has become a serious problem in America (and yet the Republican agenda consists solely of stiffing average Americans, who have already been stiffed for 25 years in a variety of ways and doing more favors for the rich and corporate America). The poverty has greatly exacerbated mental health issues in this country.

We should ban all handguns and assault rifles in America--period. Get rid of them all: no manufacture, no sale, no importation, supplemented by turn-in programs and confiscation. The yahoos are a major problem because they've allowed themselves to be led around the NRA and other pro-gun groups who value gun sales more than human lives. This NRA/redneck notion that we need more people walking around with more guns is the height of stupidity--insanity.

I lived in Japan--safest country in the world. Why? No guns. And yet we have people who want to argue that more guns will make us safer. These are America's black-is-white conservatives, who've been played by the NRA.
I'll buy you a one way ticket to go back.

Reactions: 3 people
Also, you should look at the mass shooters and see how many were registered Democrats, and who belonged to the NRA. It may shock you.

Your comment is ambiguous at best, if you knew how many you'd have stated it.

Why don't you cite your source on the political affiliations of the "mass shooters", drop some knowledge and "shock us."

Or are you just talking out of your @ss?

Reactions: 2 people

And no Muslim refugees either, funny how you failed to mention that .

Reactions: 3 people
Your comment is ambiguous at best, if you knew how many you'd have stated it.

Why don't you cite your source on the political affiliations of the "mass shooters", drop some knowledge and "shock us."

Or are you just talking out of your @ss?

Your google finger broken?

Japan has a suicide rate nearly double that of the US. 2/3rds of all gun deaths in the US are suicide.

Clearly lack of availability of guns isn't thwarting those poor souls in Japan from offing themselves.

Good idea. So are death marches. Pol Pot says, "Hi!".

churches are typically gun free. which is why that state legislator was pushing for church goers to be allowed to be armed.

Churches in Texas are not gun free unless the church explicitly and openly opts to be.

I carry Daily. I’m carrying my Sig on my hip as im eating my lunch. You can’t fix stupid by more legislation. You can’t “law” guns into not firing.
With that said, there is a direct correlation between the amount of guns easily obtained in this country and the amount of gun violence. I don’t know the answer and there may not ever be one.

Last edited:
I carry Daily. I’m carrying my Sig on my hip as im eating my lunch. You can’t fix stupid by more legislation. You can’t “law” guns into not firing.
With that said, there is a direct correlation between the amount of guns easily obtained in this country and the amount of gun violence. I don’t know the answer and there may not ever be one.

there wasn't 30 years ago.

I would say the rate of gun ownership has probably dropped significantly.

so we just hit some theoretical critical mass and now we can't control ourselves around guns where we could before?

Not we. But some. Mental illness and all around “weak” mindedness and not strong minded people are to blame for most gun violence. People who snap.

We can never stop crazy. And regulation of guns will not help at all either (use any example you want too for why it won’t work.....there are plenty). That’s why I’m not sure there is an answer. I just look at the stats of mental drug prescriptions at an all time high vs gun violence where it is.

Last edited:
Not we. But some. Mental illness and all around “weak” mindedness and not strong minded people are to blame for most gun violence. People who snap.

We can never stop crazy. And regulation will not help at all either. That’s why I’m not sure there is an answer. I just look at the stats of mental drug prescriptions at an all time high vs gun violence where it is.

I agree there is a link. but I don't think removing guns would be the solution. where our gun violence is much worse than the rest of the world, the rest of our violence is a lot lower so that it pretty much equals out (case by case basis of course)

I agree there is a link. but I don't think removing guns would be the solution. where our gun violence is much worse than the rest of the world, the rest of our violence is a lot lower so that it pretty much equals out (case by case basis of course)

Agreed. But petty theft is nothing now. Sensationalism gets the news. Guns are the evil flavor at dinner and until everyone has their fill and moves on to knives (or whatever comes next), we will never get to dessert.

No there is not. It used to be easier to obtain a gun, hell you could have them mailed to your house. And I would venture to say that the % of guns to population has remained steady or is even lower today.

edit:

Guns In America, By The Numbers : NPR

Last edited:
15 year old girls in a restaurant are just fodder for 21 year old men.

Depends on whether or not you raised them to be aware of it.

All my sisters have wprked in restaurants at some point. Sure there are creeps but that is literally any workplace that has ever existed.

I would say the rate of gun ownership has probably dropped significantly.

I would also say this is the case. 100 years ago we had a branch of the government devoted to teaching citizens to shoot. Rifle teams were very normal in schools. Lots more people hunted. All of that has declined or gone away completely.

You know... if you keep saying all this ignorant drivel, it will become true.

The cause and effect that you are so desperate to connect just aren't there. You look foolish.

VN Store

Back