Let's talk Yemen

Someone with more knowledge about Yemen could probably answer this.

Why wouldn't The Houthi rebels (Shiite) not want to help us with Al-Qaeda (Sunni)? I get they philosophically are opposed to the US, but wouldn't it be an enemy of my enemy type of situation?

I guess this should be my cue to go read/research more on Yemen.

It pretty much is.

Reactions: 1 person
Saudis Unswayed by Houthi Rebels’ Overture in Yemen

Saudi Arabia and its allies in the six-member Gulf Cooperation Council denounced the Houthis’ new governing plan on Saturday as a “coup” and called for the United Nations Security Council to bring it to an end, according to a statement carried by the official Saudi Press Agency.

So wait... if the US or any of her allies disagree with an abrupt transition of power, it is called a coup. But when they are actively engaged in the transition, its a revolution...

"This is my rifle" :crazy:

Ex-Marines angry over reports on guards' weapons in Yemen embassy - Washington Times

In the minutes leading up to an organized evacuation from Yemen via commercial airliner Wednesday, a group of Marines huddled together on a tarmac and disabled about 100 high-powered rifles, a senior military official said Wednesday. They left in their wake a pile of busted weapons and several department vehicles, the official said.

Not long after the Marines’ departure, pictures of Houthi rebels clutching the same model rifles appeared on the Internet, sparking rumors the Marines had been too hasty in their departure. Concerns about the Houthi rebels snatching the weaponry even rippled through the Pentagon, prompting officers to make a flurry of phone calls to Defense Department and State Department officials.

Still, many retired and active military personnel are flabbergasted the Marines were made to disarm and destroy their firearms. The Corps prides itself on its weapons, and all recruits are taught and memorize the Rifleman’s Creed which starts with: “This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.”

So we have Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libya and Somalia all going on right now with US involvement, with the White House itching to send help to Nigeria to fight Boko Haram, who knows what may happen with Saudi Arabia if the senile prince dies or the other princes get anxious, and a spin off conflict involving Iran based on our decision to arm Ukraine or not.

Is anybody else seeing what kind of madness we are getting ourselves into? And for what? What is the endgame in us being involved in all of these regional conflicts?

So we have Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libya and Somalia all going on right now with US involvement, with the White House itching to send help to Nigeria to fight Boko Haram, who knows what may happen with Saudi Arabia if the senile prince dies or the other princes get anxious, and a spin off conflict involving Iran based on our decision to arm Ukraine or not.

Is anybody else seeing what kind of madness we are getting ourselves into? And for what? What is the endgame in us being involved in all of these regional conflicts?

The sad part is we've resolved not one thing in any of these places.

We've killed Sadaam, Gaddafi and Bin Laden. Trying to take out Assad and the Khamenei. What are we actually accomplishing?

If extreme Islam is not being stopped then what is our motive?

Reactions: 1 person

Have you read my hypothetical endgame conspiracy?

Interesting.

Just as true today as it was 7 years ago.

Report Reveals Depth Of US Complicity In Saudi Massacres Of Yemeni Civilians | ZeroHedge

According to The Washington Post—which along with the Security Force Monitor (SFM) at Columbia Law School's Human Rights Institute analyzed thousands of news reports and images to identify warplanes from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates that have attacked Yemen—"a substantial portion of the air raids were carried out by jets developed, maintained, and sold by U.S. companies, and by pilots who were trained by the US military."

VN Store

Back