Let's talk Yemen

Obama is handling these matters FAR better than Bush did. Enormously more sophisticated approach.

I do not expect you to understand, obviously, since it does not involve just randomly blowing up stuff and killing Arabs.

You mean like his stance on Syria which did a complete 180 within 6mos?

Your last line is pretty funny since that is exactly his method in Yemen. Killing random Arabs and then claiming they were bad guys is exactly what the last admin did too

I'd like to know what Obozo has done that followed the Constitution. This may take awhile.

Counselor?

Reactions: 2 people
What country is the US going to help next? Iraq, Libya, Syria and Yemen have all been great successes.

What country is the US going to help next? Iraq, Libya, Syria and Yemen have all been great successes.

Iran. We will have sanctions and give them money. because Valerie Jarrett (who is Iranian) says so.

You mean like his stance on Syria which did a complete 180 within 6mos?

Your last line is pretty funny since that is exactly his method in Yemen. Killing random Arabs and then claiming they were bad guys is exactly what the last admin did too

The only difference is Obama's failures have been less expensive.

Add Egypt and Libya to the list - we needlessly meddled there as well. We took sanctions that were working against Iran and removed them in hopes of getting a "deal" which everyone knows will be a crap deal.

As you suggest, we are randomly blowing stuff up from the sky.

We were told ISIS was a JV team. We were told Yemen was a success story. We are told there is no such thing as radical Islam. We were told the WoT was over and that AQ was on the run.

Outstanding work by our team.

Reactions: 1 person
Possibly goes back to the fact that Al Qaeda (at least the branches of Al Qaeda in Iraq and Syria) have been funded and supported by the Saudis and the US. This group of Al Qaeda in Yemen is mostly Saudi supported, but the general belief is that if you are fighting Al Qaeda, you are fighting US by extension.

The Saudis and the Iranians hate each other and have been proxy fighting each other for dominance in the region. On top of that, you have recent interfaith jihad (Sunni vs Shiite). Although both have beef with the US, and we have beef with both of them, the idea of them living peacefully among each other seems ludicrous.

It is easy to hate the Great Satan half a world away, it is much harder to live with and live under people who you feel on are on the same/similar level with the Great Satan, Jews, Christians, Atheists, etc.

Obama is handling these matters FAR better than Bush did. Enormously more sophisticated approach.

I do not expect you to understand, obviously, since it does not involve just randomly blowing up stuff and killing Arabs.
:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

Reactions: 1 person

Twelve hours and not one like, this is one of the most moronic posts I've ever read. I did get a good laugh though..😂

The Saudis and the Iranians hate each other and have been proxy fighting each other for dominance in the region. On top of that, you have recent interfaith jihad (Sunni vs Shiite). Although both have beef with the US, and we have beef with both of them, the idea of them living peacefully among each other seems ludicrous.

I have a feeling that in 15 years, the boundary lines drawn under Sykes-Picot will be erased and you will see Eastern Iraq become a Shiah/Iranian Province, the western portion of Iraq & Eastern Syria be Sunni and the Kurds possibly getting some autonomy (nut not without great heartburn from Iran and Turkey). Jordan, Lebanon and Israel will essentially remain as they are with Western Syria possibly being a state of its own or broken up into smaller pieces. Iran and Saudi Arabia in the immediate future will be pressured into playing nice with one another because China will depend on both for their energy needs and they are not in the game of playing divide and conquer/enemy of my enemy nonsense that the Anglo-Americans have been playing in the region. Another disruption in The House of Saud that involves a messy transition of power between now and then could speed up the timeline.

I have a feeling that in 15 years, the boundary lines drawn under Sykes-Picot will be erased and you will see Eastern Iraq become a Shiah/Iranian Province, the western portion of Iraq & Eastern Syria be Sunni and the Kurds possibly getting some autonomy (nut not without great heartburn from Iran and Turkey). Jordan, Lebanon and Israel will essentially remain as they are with Western Syria possibly being a state of its own or broken up into smaller pieces. Iran and Saudi Arabia in the immediate future will be pressured into playing nice with one another because China will depend on both for their energy needs and they are not in the game of playing divide and conquer/enemy of my enemy nonsense that the Anglo-Americans have been playing in the region. Another disruption in The House of Saud that involves a messy transition of power between now and then could speed up the timeline.

Unless there is a huge war, I don't see anything remotely like that happening.

Unless there is a huge war, I don't see anything remotely like that happening.

You already have a fractured Syria and Iraq right now. We could very well get to that "huge war" in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
Maybe not so much China, but you already saw Russia get involved in Syria in 2013 and stop the US from overthrowing Assad. The US is playing a very dangerous game right now.

Russia will not be putting troops in the ME.

VN Store

Back