Let's talk about 2016 tennessee vols

We should be able to make the ncaa this year we still got players that can play the point if some of the freshman starting hitting a wall which is going to happen this team won't relieve on one person with the ball at all times. Different ppl will bring the ball down depending on the match up and defense.

So if Tennessee finishes with 15 wins and no NCAA or NIT what would be your reaction? You seem to be expecting a lot out of this young terrible roster management team and Rick Barnes has never been known as a high level X&O guy but elite recruiter. It's hard for me to believe a team with Robert Hubbs and Mostella as upperclassmen leaders will not be up and down. I see this team losing to possibly both UTC, ETSU, couple losses in Maui, Gonzaga, etc.

So if Tennessee finishes with 15 wins and no NCAA or NIT what would be your reaction? You seem to be expecting a lot out of this young terrible roster management team and Rick Barnes has never been known as a high level X&O guy but elite recruiter. It's hard for me to believe a team with Robert Hubbs and Mostella as upperclassmen leaders will not be up and down. I see this team losing to possibly both UTC, ETSU, couple losses in Maui, Gonzaga, etc.

I don't think rick barnes is gonna have another losing record here. I think his coaching with the core players we got now. I think his defense will be stronger then last year and the players there now will be better then last year.

I believe that we will have more wins and less losses then last year. I also believe that we will score more points then last year team.

I think we will improve in two important areas: play making and rebounding. With the PGs we have in 2016, I think we will distribute the ball better and break down defenses better. I also believe with a front court rotation of Schofield, Alexander, Evans, and Williams, we will be a stronger rebounding team. I have no evidence to back this up other than what we have seen of Admiral and Kyle, expectations they will be better, and what we've heard about Evans and Williams.

Will this make up for a falloff in scoring punch? Not sure. But I'm hopeful we won't drop off much at all in scoring due to improvements in play making.

Reactions: 1 person
I would say the first statement is much more likely than the second.

In 2015 we scored 70.2 ppg Avg 34.2rebs with 2 freshman in the post.im talking Owens and Carmichael
In 2016 we scored 87.4 ppg Avg 40.8rebs with a freshman and sophomore in the post. Alexander and kasongo.

Our points will go up maybe not a lot but it will go up. Both teams are similar and different at the same time.

In 2015 we scored 70.2 ppg Avg 34.2rebs with 2 freshman in the post.im talking Owens and Carmichael
In 2016 we scored 87.4 ppg Avg 40.8rebs with a freshman and sophomore in the post. Alexander and kasongo.

Our points will go up maybe not a lot but it will go up. Both teams are similar and different at the same time.

The difference in scoring is entirely related to the reduced shot clock, thus more possessions. And by my math, we averaged 75.1 ppg last year, not 87.4. Rebounds were 38 rpg, not 40.8.

Last edited:
I think we will improve in two important areas: play making and rebounding. With the PGs we have in 2016, I think we will distribute the ball better and break down defenses better. I also believe with a front court rotation of Schofield, Alexander, Evans, and Williams, we will be a stronger rebounding team. I have no evidence to back this up other than what we have seen of Admiral and Kyle, expectations they will be better, and what we've heard about Evans and Williams.

Will this make up for a falloff in scoring punch? Not sure. But I'm hopeful we won't drop off much at all in scoring due to improvements in play making.

But what drop off in points. All Hubbs has to do is Avg atleast 15-16pts next year and everything else is on line to play out. He Avg 10.6ppgs last year, I'm using espn stats so idk if that's including our sec run to but kp and josh Richardson and jordy mac all Avg around 10 ppg they junior year. Only one player in the past 3 years who didn't Avg 10 and that was jarnell and he Avg 14. They senior year jody mac Avg 18 josh Avg 16 and kp Avg 22. One of them years we had a losing record the other two was winning and a .500 season.

In 2015-16, the Vols averaged 75.1 points per game and 38 rebounds per game according to utsports.com.

In 2014-15 it was 63.3 and 32.5.

Last edited:
The difference in scoring is entirely related to the reduced shot clock, thus more possessions. And by my math, we averaged 75.1 ppg last year, not 87.4.

What I did was look at the roster on espn and took all the players ppg and rbgs and added it up.

In 2015-16, the Vols averaged 75.1 points per game and 38 rebounds per game according to utsports.com.

I didn't use a site to tell me the teams points and rebounds Avg. I just looked at each player ppg and rebpg I added them up and wrote it down.

The difference in scoring is entirely related to the reduced shot clock, thus more possessions. And by my math, we averaged 75.1 ppg last year, not 87.4. Rebounds were 38 rpg, not 40.8.
Agreed, shot clock reduction attributed to a good portion of our increase in scoring.

You cannot do it that way because every player did not play in every game.

U right but it's fair bc both season was like that. Turner didn't gett added bc he didn't have any stats but woodson got was added to the 2015 one and he only played like 7 games.

Agreed, shot clock reduction attributed to a good portion of our increase in scoring.

It was by 5 secs that's really not a big difference. It's not like we was tryna feed the paint more or we was turning it over a lot more. Reese was shooting the ball when Tyndall was here he didn't shoot very much last year.

It was by 5 secs that's really not a big difference. It's not like we was tryna feed the paint more or we was turning it over a lot more. Reese was shooting the ball when Tyndall was here he didn't shoot very much last year.

Across all of NCAA D1, the reduced shot clock increased scoring by roughly 6 ppg, and increased possessions by roughly 6 as well. About a 10% increase in scoring. That's pretty significant.

Across all of NCAA D1, the reduced shot clock increased scoring by roughly 6 ppg, and increased possessions by roughly 6 as well. About a 10% increase in scoring. That's pretty significant.

Vols were plus 12, so although it is not exactly mathematical you could say 50% of increase was based on shot clock change and 50% to CRB offense philosophy.
Although this leaves out a lot of variables and is speculative.

U right but it's fair bc both season was like that. Turner didn't gett added bc he didn't have any stats but woodson got was added to the 2015 one and he only played like 7 games.

You return 25 points from the last roster.
Give us a break down of where and from who you plan on drumming up these better than 84 point s a game this season.

Might wanna recheck your numbers

You return 25 points from the last roster.
Give us a break down of where and from who you plan on drumming up these better than 84 point s a game this season.

He lost me at locking Hubbs in at 15-16 per. Imma have to see that...

VN Store

Back