Let’s play Nico

Huep knows and will bring Nico along as quickly as possible. Sounds like an injury kept Nico out last night so coach took the pass away from Milton for the most part. Again, Huep is aware as the rest of us.

Yep, drive by fans. He ended up 21 of 32 for 228 yards 2 TDs no interceptions. First quarter was 1 of 7 but 6 drops not perfect throws but if you want to play in NFL and you get 2 hands on the ball no matter if its low or high you are expected to catch it.

My question: did you watch the game? Because the entire momentum of the team was ruined by his play.

I’m going to trust the coaches on this one, but since it’s a message board I’ll add my uneducated two cents as well.

Playing Nico early can go either way. IMO we will lose more games with him than Milton but will be investing in the future. You also have a higher risk of injury when someone is less acclimated (broken plays, running when you shouldn’t, etc).

As for Joe: I’m not sure how to explain this. To me, it’s 100% his delay in decision making. Even a half second makes all the difference and it’s almost as though I can see his anxiety rising the longer he sits in the pocket. This leads to a lack of touch and accuracy. I actually think this kid is accurate in practice and makes good decisions because….well….it’s practice and there’s less pressure and anxiety. In the end; that isn’t getting fixed if it hasn’t already. So Joe will have some good games that we think he’s great and some ****** games but he will lack the consistency we need to have a 10 win season. I’m guessing 8 wins.

Just my two cents.

Milton has waited for this chance for 3 years. He could have transfered. We owe him a little bit more than giving up on him 2 games into the season. Let's see how he does in the swamp.
Sorry hank. Nobody owes you anything in life. Any game in any sport is played to win. Nothing personal against joe, but he can’t play qb when he can’t deliver FORWARD passes to his receiving corps. Where would he transfer to where he could suddenly learn how to play qb??? Look how long we stuck with jg, and the results of that

My question: did you watch the game? Because the entire momentum of the team was ruined by his play.
Yep, and just watch these WRs if they make it to NFL and drop passes, they get their hands on they will be cut. These drops caused some 3 and outs and killed any momentum they weren't perfect passes but remember Keyton catching that overthrown pass by HH he extends out and giving up his body that was a receiver making a QB look good it works both ways.

Speed sure wasn’t the problem yesterday. His ball placement was a little off, but he had 5-7 catchable drops. He makes good choices, checks well, and throws to the right guy 9 out of 10 times. He can put the ball in better spots than yesterday, like he did in the Orange Bowl, but between the what the defense played yesterday, and the drops, he didn’t get many looks at the middle. A big part of the problem was three receivers were held out of practice this week from being banged up. They need to get their timing back, but the receivers also have to catch the ball, and break off routes when they aren’t there.
First I'm hearing about receivers being held out in practice last week. Do you think Cooper plays at UF?

First I'm hearing about receivers being held out in practice last week. Do you think Cooper plays at UF?
It’d be a stretch. He’s been moving, running and has checked the boxes for minimum practice to return, but he hasn’t been in enough live contact to say yes. Have to see how this week goes. Ollie has far exceeded my expectations. He’s not Mays, but he’s called the game with no bad snaps, and given up no assignment sacks.

Yep, and just watch these WRs if they make it to NFL and drop passes, they get their hands on they will be cut. These drops caused some 3 and outs and killed any momentum they weren't perfect passes but remember Keyton catching that overthrown pass by HH he extends out and giving up his body that was a receiver making a QB look good it works both ways.

He wasn’t exactly perfectly placing these balls either. And if WR’s aren’t catching his passes, even more reason to try a change at QB.

I said it in one of the other 14 threads trashing Milton: there’s a LOT of idiots in this fanbase
Is it trashing Milton to say after 6 years he has not evolved in to a good qb who can consistently throw a FOWARD pass

It’d be a stretch. He’s been moving, running and has checked the boxes for minimum practice to return, but he hasn’t been in enough live contact to say yes. Have to see how this week goes. Ollie has far exceeded my expectations. He’s not Mays, but he’s called the game with no bad snaps, and given up no assignment sacks.
Well I'm hoping we see a different approach on offense next week. No excuse for the bad execution. It's not all on milton but everyone can be better

At least 15 completion’s were behind the LOS. Do you think that will continue to win football games ?
If Josh looks at the tape and says you did what you were supposed to do, they took options away and you made the right read. Hate Joe all you want but he makes good decisions so far just look at his interception to attempts ratio. This was HH mode of action last year then when they start biting, he went deep'. I Just think this coach was taking away everything deep and trying to keep the score as low as possible. Which he achieved he's coaching for another gig like Kiffin did when we played UF his year here going for a moral victory keeping it as close as possible.
I'll have to look but I don't think there were 15 completions behind LOS but if it gets you the win you take what they give you.

Reactions: Stoerner Fumbles
Yall are crazy. It was a bad day following a weather delay, and also the first home game of the season. Better to have the bad day now. After watching Huepel the last couple years im confident he'll get it fixed.

The bad performance lays just as much on the WRs as it does on Milton in this case.

Unfortunately in College football players that make plays get to play-players that can't sit! PERIOD. As far as Joe waited for this or whatever? To heck with that noise if he can't make the plays -time to move on. Nico was a 5 star, let him get a shot. For Milton? How about leading a receiver with the ball 20 yards down field when the receiver has a step on a defender instead of throwing it behind or over his head, or actually read a defense and audible out of a bad play. He JUST CAN'T.

Reactions: Butch s

VN Store

Back