Legalize Pot?

Should Pot Be Legalized Nationally?

• Total voters
It's legal in VA.

However, rec dispensaries are not allowed. Last I heard was 2024. for those So, while it's legal, you can't legally buy it without a prescription. VA appears to like ignoring possible tax dollars.

I predicted this would happen. They made the taxes and fees so high on "legal" reefer that they make street weed more affordable in comparison.

San Francisco Suspends Cannabis Tax To Help Dispensaries Compete With Drug-Dealers | ZeroHedge
Reefer Madness: Demand For Illegal Pot Soars In California Due To High Taxes | ZeroHedge

Why? As with bathtub gin after Prohibition, few people would prefer bootlegged products rather than the safer lawful alternatives. The only reason is economics — and the refusal of the California lawmakers to recognize basic rules of supply and demand. Not only is pot cheaper due to the massive taxes imposed on lawful businesses, but it is also being sent to the East Coast where similar price differentials are also fueling the illegal trade.

Despite being a relatively new industry, state and city officials imposed thick layers of regulations, charges, and taxes on the budding businesses.
Some estimates put the taxes at 70 percent of current costs.

Reefer Madness: Demand For Illegal Pot Soars In California Due To High Taxes | ZeroHedge

Why? As with bathtub gin after Prohibition, few people would prefer bootlegged products rather than the safer lawful alternatives. The only reason is economics — and the refusal of the California lawmakers to recognize basic rules of supply and demand. Not only is pot cheaper due to the massive taxes imposed on lawful businesses, but it is also being sent to the East Coast where similar price differentials are also fueling the illegal trade.

Despite being a relatively new industry, state and city officials imposed thick layers of regulations, charges, and taxes on the budding businesses. Some estimates put the taxes at 70 percent of current costs.

ZeroHedge is 2 or 3 years behind on this, 60 Minutes of all places beat them to this story years ago.

It's legal in VA.

However, rec dispensaries are not allowed. Last I heard was 2024. for those So, while it's legal, you can't legally buy it without a prescription. VA appears to like ignoring possible tax dollars.
Actually, it is. There's a dispensary in Gate City near me. It's illegal for them to sell rec Marijuana, however, it is legal for them to "gift" up to 1 oz. So you pay for some ****** CBD, and they "throw in" the good stuff. It's a loophole but technically legal. And they also aren't allowed to advertise that they sell it. Also, if you pay cash, no tax.

Reactions: DrRosenRosen

VN Store

Back