Legalize Pot?

Should Pot Be Legalized Nationally?

• Total voters
Sure, but everyday people could also become involved without the fear becoming a "criminal"

So an illegal drug in one hand becomes a legal drug in another - launder the drugs and the money is clean. Organized crime would and will love your reasoning.

Reactions: 1 person
So an illegal drug in one hand becomes a legal drug in another - launder the drugs and the money is clean. Organized crime would and will love your reasoning.

I don't understand your concern. Are your worried about the drugs or "money laundering"?

I have no desire to use it and probably never will if it’s legal, unless prescribed for some ailment. But it should be everybody’s red, white, and blue American right to responsible use it whenever they want. There is no reason this shouldn’t be the case given what already is.

Reactions: 4 people
I have no desire to use it and probably never will if it’s legal, unless prescribed for some ailment. But it should be everybody’s red, white, and blue American right to responsible use it whenever they want. There is no reason this shouldn’t be the case given what already is.

Amen

Eliminate income tax and the concern of "money laundering" disappears also.

But marijuana is easy to grow at home and decriminalizing it wouldn't benefit the cartels. It's not worth their time to deal in.

That's true for any substance

That's true for any substance

Maybe. Responsibly using opiates gets hairy just because of the addictive properties. It's a philosophical debate to have.

Main point being as long as tobacco and alcohol are legal and used, there should be zero issue with marijuana being legal used. It's a case closed argument.

Maybe. Responsibly using opiates gets hairy just because of the addictive properties. It's a philosophical debate to have.

Main point being as long as tobacco and alcohol are legal and used, there should be zero issue with marijuana being legal used. It's a case closed argument.

Sugar is addictive. Tobacco and alcohol are addictive. Sex is addictive.

But you are right about marijuana being a no brainer.

Sugar is addictive. Tobacco and alcohol are addictive. Sex is addictive.

But you are right about marijuana being a no brainer.

That's why I said its a philosophical debate.

True on all accounts. There are addictive properties to a lot of substances/behaviors both legal and illegal. They all fall on a scale ranging from simple self-control to actual physical dependence that causes illness/death when not on it.

Marijuana is clearly below the standard set by other legal substances.

As I said earlier, decriminalizing possession leaves the criminals in charge of production and distribution. Legalization is the only way.

Marijuana can be produced at home and is relatively cheap compared to most drugs. Decriminalization would make it even cheaper.

I don't see it fueling organized crime if decriminalized.

Marijuana can be produced at home and is relatively cheap compared to most drugs. Decriminalization would make it even cheaper.

I can see the argument for de-criminalization from both sides. However I lean more towards your rationale. Prices would still plummet overnight but the government wouldn’t get their take.

That is why I think if it happens, it will be full legalization and regulation.

Not everyone can grow their own.

I can see the argument for de-criminalization from both sides. However I lean more towards your rationale. Prices would still plummet overnight but the government wouldn’t get their take.

That is why I think if it happens, it will be full legalization and regulation.

I don't see prices plummeting, maybe go down a little but not much. Very few people would be growing their own so those supplying would still be taking a risk and want to get paid.

26195527_2150240814986854_8984156117744826511_n.jpg

If you don't fully legalize, there will be problems. Like in California...I'm not sure how it works right now, but at one time the banks wouldn't take dispensary money because they were afraid of what the feds would do to them. So then dispensaries were a cash business, which opens up all kinds of problems....like the need for seriously armed security.

VN Store

Back