Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Somebody must think this is real, otherwise they wouldn't have cancelled March Madness, postponed the Masters golf, MLB baseball, NHL hockey, Indy 500, all the sports stuff, and cost the leagues and teams millions of dollars.
Wonder what all those that thought quarantine/shutdown til April 7 was going to be all is well ends well think now ?

Fauci says peak death rate is 2 weeks away. We as re at 2400 and it doubles every 2-3 days. If that continues, we are looking at peaking at 100,000.

Hopefully the measures taken by responsible government officials will take hold. Trump and GOP governors can continue to live in fantasy land.
It's the end of the ****ing world. OMG

Ok, I'll accept those conditions if all current orders for businesses and parks to be closed are rescinded. And get rid of these unconstitutional bans against gatherings of "X" number of people.
Fine with me but actions have consequences. In this hypo anyone that goes to these places forfeits their right to a bed and a vent. Obviously this couldn't really happen but sometimes I think it should. It is infuriating to work on the front lines and suffer all day and then leave and idiot's are out at the park and having dinner parties. Having said that I'm not on the frontlines but I am in healthcare.

For every person that thinks Trump is taking it too seriously, you have another thinking he isn't taking it seriously enough.
pretty much now is nothing but a political war of huge egos and neither party will admit fault no matter what happens

Fine with me but actions have consequences. In this hypo anyone that goes to these places forfeits their right to a bed and a vent. Obviously this couldn't really happen but sometimes I think it should. It is infuriating to work on the front lines and suffer all day and then leave and idiot's are out at the park and having dinner parties. Having said that I'm not on the frontlines but I am in healthcare.
The majority of the ones needing vents also made poor life choices which Led to the underlying condition.

I have no idea what the right course of action is, therefore I will cut anybody in charge some slack. If it's okay with you that your mother dies after catching it at the supermarket from some Spring Breaker, it's okay with me.
our moms can go before the store opens unless there are a lot of 60+ year old spring breakers I don’t know about.

First of may. I'm specifically talking about Hamilton county. Hamilton county has a lot more than 37. That is just who has tested positive but we aren't testing everyone.
I don't care if you test 100% of the people or none, the ones that need to be hospitalized will go to the hospital. And that's who has showed up so far. About a dozen. Currently cases are increasing about 1% a day. If you figure people stay in the hospital 10 days for this, you would need daily growth of 14% every day from here until the first of May to exceed available open beds. With elective procedures halted the capacity is most likely more but I'm being conservative.

Reactions: McDad
I have no idea what the right course of action is, therefore I will cut anybody in charge some slack. If it's okay with you that your mother dies after catching it at the supermarket from some Spring Breaker, it's okay with me.
Thats the sad part alot of self centered idiots like those spring breakers didnt stay home, when most people thought abiding the law would solve this this

I don't care if you test 100% of the people or none, the ones that need to be hospitalized will go to the hospital. And that's who has showed up so far. About a dozen. Currently cases are increasing about 1% a day. If you figure people stay in the hospital 10 days for this, you would need daily growth of 14% every day from here until the first of May to exceed available open beds. With elective procedures halted the capacity is most likely more but I'm being conservative.
You are wrong. There are numerous others that weren't tested but got sent home to quarantine. We are only testing those that will be admitted.

Ventilator 'rationing' begins in UK: Only patients with 'reasonable certainty' of survival are put on the machines at London hospital – as Britain's coronavirus death toll rises by 209 to 1,228 and infections jump by 2,483 to 19,522

Ventilator 'rationing' has begun in the UK as only patients with a 'reasonable certainty' of survival are to be put on the machines at a London hospital.

The UK coronavirus death toll has risen by 209 in 24 hours from 1,019 to 1,228, as infections jumped by 2,483 to 19,522.

Machines used to keep patients breathing are being restricted on medical grounds, not because of a lack of capacity, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust told the Daily Telegraph.

The trust said that 'very poorly patients with coronavirus may need to be on a ventilator for extended periods', adding that 'for some patients this would not be in their best interests'.
https://www.volnation.com/forum/javascript:void(0)
A senior consultant told the paper: 'As we learn more about the disease, we are being much more careful about which patients are being considered for critical care. In normal times we will give most people the benefit of the doubt. That has changed.'

26550242-8164903-image-a-61_1585489957100.jpg

'With this infection you need a couple of weeks on a ventilator, so with resources being used for such a long time, you have to be reasonably certain the person is going to get better. Delaying their death for two or three weeks is not the right thing for them or for society.'

Only patients with 'reasonable certainty' of survival are put on ventilators at London hospital | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: 508mikey
Fine with me, but the virus lives 24 hours on cardboard, and 48-72 hours on steel and plastic.

Did shopping for my dad, brought a spray bottle with IPA and sprayed everything down including myself before delivering.. Things like this could be done by everyone if people could reliably get the necessary items to do so. I hope this will be the case soon.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

VN Store

Back