Larry Scotts Play Calling

QD audibled on that play. I guess that is CBJs fault.

Did you ever play?

Yes. An audible IS taught to a QB. At the HS level, it is usually as simple as "if/then"... with the QB only able to look at one or two "ifs". Most college programs are more than that... I'm not sure Jones lets his QB's (any of them) have a lot of "ifs".

Scott and maybe Jones acknowledged after the game that QD had been coached that if he sees "this" he checks to "that".

I played at a time when HSFB was simpler than now... and even we did that. But QB's at the HS and CFB level do NOT have the latitude that someone like Manning had at Indy.

The play calling has been uncreative and ill-timed. When that is combined with poor execution then you get the mess that happened in the Swamp.

John K. is a hell of a competitor but without a QB who is a real running threat, he may get broken into this Saturday. Josh Dobbs is the reason that we have beaten UGA the last 2 years and we have no QB on the roster who can come anywhere close to performing at half the level that Josh did.

And I love how folks used to rip the old coordinator (who said to hell with it and left). How many would welcome him back now?

I am sure that Larry Scott is doing what he thinks is best. But is it getting the job done?

I don't know if anyone tracks this statistically, but it seems like we run 90% of the time on first down. It also sounds like we get behind on down and distance we almost always pass.

I think we need more balance on first down. If I'm catching on to this, I'm sure the rest of the SEC has too. Umass especially seemed to bear down on the run on first down.

Couple that with formation, and how long Dormady looks over the defense, it's pretty easy to guess run or pass.

I don't know if anyone tracks this statistically, but it seems like we run 90% of the time on first down. It also sounds like we get behind on down and distance we almost always pass.

I think we need more balance on first down. If I'm catching on to this, I'm sure the rest of the SEC has too. Umass especially seemed to bear down on the run on first down.

If you had a back who is averaging close to 5.7 ypc and is the leading rusher in the SEC, wouldn't you?

There has been a few suspect plays called in the first four games but what stands out to me is the terrible execution of plays that could have worked. Passes three feet over a receivers head, dropped passes, bad snaps, bad blocking, bad ball security and lack of effort.

Very true. JMHO but this is more glaring than the play calling.

VN Store

Back