Lane Kiffin on Chattanooga 102.3 sports talk

Lane is an offensive genius but he has a problem keeping his pants zipped up.... Dan Mullen would be a better choice and would represent the school with honor and commitment.

You hit the nail on the head, Bubba! Kiffin is a moral degenerate and not worthy of being a Volunteer (ditto for Petrino).

Reactions: 1 person
This summary was posted on Reddit for any Vol fans who have forgotten what happened when Kiffin was here. This is why we hate him and winning games won’t make up for destroying and disrespecting our history and traditions.

He flat out refused to recite General Neyland's Maxims. A Tennessee tradition that goes back to WWII - every single team has repeated them before every game. Kiffin wanted to ignore them. Player leadership demanded that Kiffin make time in pre-game so that THEY could lead the team - and when the players led the team in the Maxims Kiffin stood there without speaking.

· Played USC highlights in all the football facilities. No highlights of Travis Henry, no highlights of Eric Berry, no highlights of Peyton Manning. Kiffin had Matt Leinart & Reggie Bush highlights playing instead.

· Painted over Tennessee murals. He ordered the maintenance staff to remove or replace a lot of Tennessee’s historical pictures/paintings - even going so far as to demand the removal of a picture of Peyton Manning leading the band in Rocky Top - the Peyton picture was not removed because the maintenance staff refused to do it. Let that sink in, they cared enough to risk their jobs to save a historical picture that the HC of Tennessee didn't care about at all.

Kiffin showed absolutely zero respect for Tennessee. More than anything else that is what irks me. I don't blame him for leaving for his dream job - I really don't. But the man came into Knoxville and treated Tennessee like we had no history, no traditions, and nothing to build off of.
He treated us like we were San Jose State instead of a top-10 winning program.

Thanks for the reminder. This ^ is exactly why I HATE that SOB!

This summary was posted on Reddit for any Vol fans who have forgotten what happened when Kiffin was here. This is why we hate him and winning games won’t make up for destroying and disrespecting our history and traditions.

He flat out refused to recite General Neyland's Maxims. A Tennessee tradition that goes back to WWII - every single team has repeated them before every game. Kiffin wanted to ignore them. Player leadership demanded that Kiffin make time in pre-game so that THEY could lead the team - and when the players led the team in the Maxims Kiffin stood there without speaking.

· Played USC highlights in all the football facilities. No highlights of Travis Henry, no highlights of Eric Berry, no highlights of Peyton Manning. Kiffin had Matt Leinart & Reggie Bush highlights playing instead.

· Painted over Tennessee murals. He ordered the maintenance staff to remove or replace a lot of Tennessee’s historical pictures/paintings - even going so far as to demand the removal of a picture of Peyton Manning leading the band in Rocky Top - the Peyton picture was not removed because the maintenance staff refused to do it. Let that sink in, they cared enough to risk their jobs to save a historical picture that the HC of Tennessee didn't care about at all.

Kiffin showed absolutely zero respect for Tennessee. More than anything else that is what irks me. I don't blame him for leaving for his dream job - I really don't. But the man came into Knoxville and treated Tennessee like we had no history, no traditions, and nothing to build off of.

speak for yourself cry baby, I'd take him back in a heartbeat. He would win, and all would be good

Reactions: 8 people
For a "great coach", did ya'll see what he did at USC with better talent and a better staff in a worse conference by at least one rung? You want him (not taking into account his other penchants for skirting the lines with recruiting)? Serious question...

Reactions: 2 people
Dude is funny as hell. I can only forgive the guy for his stupidity. He did say winning helps fans forgive. If he came here again (not gonna happen) and began winning, I think most would forgive him.

Why is it that he can't seem to move on from UT ?!.If memory serves,he's the one that bolted.

Certainly better than anything we've had since he left!

Not setting the bar very high are you?

Of course, he came in and within 12 months 1)told 2 future recordsetting QBs they couldn't play for him, 2)signed thugs like Richardson and Jackson, 3)left a NCAA ****pile here (fact is NCAA has him on their speeddial), 4)left after one year of embarrassment (being reprimanded by Slive) 5) and as a parting gift had his piece of **** recruiting coordinator call kids already on campus telling them not to go to class.

Winning CUSA isn't much this year. MTSU lost their QB after their first 3 games vs SEC and Big Ten and league wasn't near as tough for Lane.....

For a "great coach", did ya'll see what he did at USC with better talent and a better staff in a worse conference by at least one rung? You want him (not taking into account his other penchants for skirting the lines with recruiting)? Serious question...

You do know that his roster was limited because of heavy NCAA sanctions, right?

No offense, but this sounds like horse ****.

Dude is funny as hell. I can only forgive the guy for his stupidity. He did say winning helps fans forgive. If he came here again (not gonna happen) and began winning, I think most would forgive him.

If our top coaching choices dont pan out, I would welcome Kiffin back in a second.

Reactions: 3 people
LET ME BE CLEAR! UT will not touch Kelly, Patrino, OR Kiffin. It's because of his history with women and the ncaa. They are all already crossed off the list.

A Lame Kitten return would be toxic. However, he was not the problem. The problem that keeps getting glossed over was Summer's Eve Hamilton. Kitten told him that if Pete Carroll went to the NFL he would be a candidate at USC. Hamilton ignored him and when he got the job, Hamilton was in Colorado skiing and stayed there for another week. He had no plan and it became a media circus. Kitten was man enough to let him know in advance but Summer's Eve was such a poor manager that he did nothing and ended up with Dooley as last one standing.

What's funny about Lane is everyone wants to make him out to be some sort of scumbag but his former players speak much more glowingly about him than former players speak about Dooley or Jones.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back