Lady Vols ?

Originally posted by jakez4ut@Dec 8, 2005 5:37 PM
i'll let you figure that out...
[snapback]210907[/snapback]​

Now why, my friend, would I have a 'big head?' ......Because I'm a Vol hoops lover?

wonderful. makes my day........
this thread has taken an awful turn for the worst, and i apologize to those that are reading it.

Originally posted by jakez4ut@Dec 8, 2005 5:49 PM
wonderful.  makes my day........
this thread has taken an awful turn for the worst, and i apologize to those that are reading it.
[snapback]210924[/snapback]​

Yeh, the lesbo talk was much better actually....

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Dec 8, 2005 5:02 PM
Be careful of what you assume
[snapback]210863[/snapback]​

You're right: we shouldn't assume that you're even capable of fatherhood. You do sound pre-pubescent and puerile.

Originally posted by Fayettevol@Dec 8, 2005 5:51 PM
You're right: we shouldn't assume that you're even capable of fatherhood. You do sound pre-pubescent and puerile.
[snapback]210927[/snapback]​

Sound? Have you really heard me? I'll give you a shout out in the next podcast, dogg...

ah, now see, don't do that...you can't call folks "dogg" and expect to be taken seriously.....

what's next, "down the field" becomes "down the fizzle"? "Rocky top" becomes "Rocky Tizzle"?

it could get ugly fast......

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Dec 8, 2005 6:56 PM
Yall have a Merry Christmas....
[snapback]210931[/snapback]​

same to ya, dogg.

Originally posted by hatvol96@Dec 8, 2005 4:57 PM
I wish hockey had a larger audience. However, I don't claim that people who don't like hockey are suffering from some societal prejudice. I just accept that they don't like hockey.
[snapback]210858[/snapback]​

Let's run with this analogy for a minute. I'm not a hockey fan, and you just accept that I don't care for hockey. That's great! So how would you feel then if you started threads about hockey and I trolled every one of them and started trashing your game/team? You'd have something to say wouldn't you?

If there are some on here who don't like the Lady Vols that's certainly their right, and I don't think too many on here think any less of them for it. But is it really necessary for those people to jump into every single Lady Vols thread with their trash talk?

I've been watching this thread most of the day. Somebody posted that women's BB is boring and I just can't believe that. I've watched the women's game evolve from the half court game of the 50's (3 stationary forwards, 3 stationary guards) to the modified half court game of the 60's (2 stat. forwards, 2 stat. guards, 2 rovers who could roam the whole court) to the present day game with 5 full court players. I think it's just as exciting as the men's game, it just doesn't get the overexhubarant hype (Vitale, McGuire, Packer,) the men's game does.
The implication that women atheletes and their fans are latent or practicing lesbians is hogwash, too.
My wife was an outstanding BB player, and is an excellent golfer and bowler. And she is 100%, straight as a gun barrel, hetro.
And furthermore, she'll whip anybody's a$$, male or female, who says otherwise.
I love to watch the Lady Vols in action. I had my fingers crossed for a National Championship game between the Lady Vols and the Lady UNC Tarheels but Baylor messed that up big time. Maybe this year.

Well, one thing is for sure, I bet Randy Sanders ,Phillip Fulmer and UT Football in general are happy since for one day at least some people chose to rag on Pat Summitt, The Lady Vols and Lesbians for a while.

:clapping:

Originally posted by MyBloodRunnethOrange@Dec 8, 2005 6:02 PM
Let's run with this analogy for a minute. I'm not a hockey fan, and you just accept that I don't care for hockey. That's great! So how would you feel then if you started threads about hockey and I trolled every one of them and started trashing your game/team? You'd have something to say wouldn't you?

If there are some on here who don't like the Lady Vols that's certainly their right, and I don't think too many on here think any less of them for it. But is it really necessary for those people to jump into every single Lady Vols thread with their trash talk?
[snapback]210938[/snapback]​

I don't think anyone was "trolling" this topic. The topic asked why some UT fans don't like the Lady Vols. Should anyone who falls in that category bypass the topic instead of answering a perfectly legitimate question?

All I can say is the Lady Vols have given us some championship teams while the men have just lurked around campus and done little else.

Originally posted by hatvol96@Dec 8, 2005 6:11 PM
I don't think anyone was "trolling" this topic. The topic asked why some UT fans don't like the Lady Vols. Should anyone who falls in that category bypass the topic instead of answering a perfectly legitimate question?
[snapback]210947[/snapback]​

I wasn't talking about this thread in particular, but pretty much every Lady Vol thread that gets started. Trolling was probably the wrong word to use so I apologize. But the question is still the same, is it really necessary to jump in to every thread of a topic that is boring to the poster just to stir the pot?

Originally posted by Tnwoodsman@Dec 8, 2005 6:27 PM
All I can say is the Lady Vols have given us some championship teams while the men have just lurked around campus and done little else.
[snapback]210954[/snapback]​

That's because our AD, Doug Dickey didn't want a good Basketball program...now we have Mike Hamilton and he won't put up with crap like Buzz Peterson.

Problem is much older than Buzz. I became a Lady Vol fan in the Wade Houston era as at least we had something to cheer about in the winter with the women.

Originally posted by volinasheville@Dec 8, 2005 7:35 PM
we had something to cheer about in the winter with the women.
[snapback]210983[/snapback]​

Yeh, that was great fun :boredom:

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Dec 8, 2005 7:36 PM
Yeh, that was great fun :boredom:
[snapback]210985[/snapback]​

In case you haven't noticed Jmx, this is a VOL board. That means that people are going to be talking about ALL kinds of VOL stuff and that includes the Lady Vols. We all get the point, you don't like them or you're intimidated by women or whatever the case may be, but if you don't want to support them, don't post in the threads. Other people enjoy talking about them as much as you enjoy talking about the men's team. So quit trying to get on peoples nerves with the narrow minded stuff. It's getting old fast...

:disappointed:

this is a thread I can post in.....read the question, I don't EVER post in Lady Vol threads.

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Dec 8, 2005 7:47 PM
this is a thread I can post in.....read the question, I don't EVER post in Lady Vol threads.
[snapback]210994[/snapback]​

Last time I checked, this is about the Lady Vols....doesn't matter though, you get the point.

VN Store

Back