Lady Vols ?

Originally posted by hatvol96@Dec 8, 2005 3:41 PM
Outperforms? Have you seen the revenue numbers? You appear to be using the same accounting methods as Ken Lay and Dennis Kozlowski.
[snapback]210796[/snapback]​

I always thought Vol athletic performance was measured by wins/losses and Titles won? :question:

Originally posted by SURFSIDEBEACHVOL@Dec 8, 2005 4:23 PM
I always thought Vol athletic performance was measured by wins/losses and Titles won?  :question:
[snapback]210836[/snapback]​

Without the subsidies from men's athletics, most of the women's sports wouldn't exist. Basketball is the only women's sport that pays for itself, and that has only recently begun to happen. There are separate departments, but the men pay almost all the bills.

Wins and loss measure performance.

Go cry to someone else with that grarbage your spewing

Hey gang, it's not about who pays the bills...or who could or could not win a game if the men and women played each other...

It's about the University of Tennessee and its entire athletic program. For a number of years now, the two teams that have brought more recognition to our great university have been the football team and the Lady Vols.

Everyone doesn't need to be all fired up about any sport...believe it or not, there are UT grads that don't care that much about the football team...hard for me to understand, but it is a fact.

What really bothers me is when any of you start to criticize and badmouth any of our teams, men or women, to the extent that this thread has provided. You're definitely not my kind of U.T. fan...just so you know!!!!!!!

Originally posted by surrealvol@Dec 8, 2005 5:37 PM
Hey gang, it's not about who pays the bills...or who could or could not win a game if the men and women played each other...

It's about the University of Tennessee and its entire athletic program.  For a number of years now, the two teams that have brought more recognition to our great university have been the football team and the Lady Vols.

Everyone doesn't need to be all fired up about any sport...believe it or not, there are UT grads that don't care that much about the football team...hard for me to understand, but it is a fact.

What really bothers me is when any of you start to criticize and badmouth any of our teams, men or women, to the extent that this thread has provided.  You're definitely not my kind of U.T. fan...just so you know!!!!!!!
[snapback]210846[/snapback]​

the prblem is that too many people on both sides of the argument are trying to change someone's mind that doesn't agree...which ain't gonna happen.

good post Surreal.

Originally posted by Fayettevol@Dec 8, 2005 4:27 PM
No, thanks. I'll leave wikipedia to you and John Seigenthaler.

:moon2:
[snapback]210838[/snapback]​

Why must you must renig germane topics in favor of rococo onslaughts of insults? :question:

Originally posted by Vol67@Dec 8, 2005 4:35 PM
Wins and loss measure performance.
Go cry to someone else with that grarbage your spewing
[snapback]210843[/snapback]​

1. I'm not crying. Simply stating facts. Just because you so desperately wish women's basketball was more than a niche sport that about 10-15 schools in the country actually give a flip about doesn't change the reality. There's a reason the men's tournament is on network television, brings in 100s of millions of $$$, and the women's tournament is on cable. I wish hockey had a larger audience. However, I don't claim that people who don't like hockey are suffering from some societal prejudice. I just accept that they don't like hockey.
2. JMX is a solid informed poster. He seems a little over the top in his dislike of the women's game, but I don't think that's the capital offense some around here take it as.

Originally posted by jakez4ut@Dec 8, 2005 10:34 AM

But jeez  JMX....lighten up dude.  For someone that could care less, you sure have a lot of opinions on the subject.
[snapback]210579[/snapback]​

I enjoy debates

Originally posted by Vol67@Dec 8, 2005 3:29 PM
Well MR I DON'T HAVE A I hope to God you never get married or have a daughter.
[snapback]210781[/snapback]​

Be careful of what you assume

obviously....job well done...you definitely got the blood boiling for a few folks on here...

Obviously I had some good points and obviously a lot of people agree with me since this thread has lasted 2 days.
I don't care if you all wanna go watch those blue headbands and girls that have to squat down and aim the ball b4 they shoot. :peace2:

Originally posted by Fayettevol@Dec 8, 2005 3:36 PM
Exactly! I'd hate for anybody -- male or female -- who would spew such bile to ever have a daughter. She'd be raised as a second-class citizen.
[snapback]210792[/snapback]​

I'm glad you are bringing my personal life and family into this. I won't say you are classless because I don't know you personally. I haven't "bashed" or spewed anything...I brought up some good points and things that happen to be fact not opinion...and you've all had your angry responses.
A lot of you take things too seriously, I say a lot on here that I don't COMPLETELY mean to ruffle feathers and get some laughs from those who know I"m joking.

there you go again....good points? well that's debatable...but your entitled...i'm not takin' the bait. Have fun watchin' Pearl and the boys.

Originally posted by surrealvol@Dec 8, 2005 4:37 PM

For a number of years now, the two teams that have brought more recognition to our great university have been the football team and the Lady Vols.

[snapback]210846[/snapback]​

That's actually not true, the Lady Vols barely break even most of the time.

I've never had more fun in a thread b4 than this one. Great debating Guys, girls, and lesbians!!! :thumbsup: :eek:k: :huggy:

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Dec 8, 2005 4:17 PM
yeh, you're my boy though
[snapback]210882[/snapback]​

yeah but I'm not your sheep :naughty:

Originally posted by volmanjr@Dec 8, 2005 5:20 PM
yeah but I'm not your sheep :naughty:
[snapback]210885[/snapback]​

no but there are many growing wool as we speak on this board.

VN Store

Back