Lady Vols Softball Team Game Thread week 8

Geer back in the funk. She needs to move down a notch or 2 in the order IMO. I expect maybe Morrison will get some work today. I am sure Ralph wants to make sure we get the wins because they are more important than the pitching.

Yall are paying attention to the wrong polls...the rpi is the most important one we go to LSU and A&M and win those series on the road the rpi number will jump into the top 8....granted those will not be easy tasks to accomplish

Reactions: 1 person
Also Bama hitting is not the bama of the past they struggle but their 1-2 pitcher combo is good won't see their 3rd pitcher who is terrible

What you do with a rise ball is don't swing at it. I think we are better hitting/scoring team than bama, and probably florida, too, and we will need to get some hits in key spots and win games.

Geer is in a big-time funk--agree about dropping her down in the order.

She is up to 60 for the year. The UT record is 77 by Kristi Durant. 13 regular games + post season left. I hope the 2 RBI she lost when Ralph failed to re-enter her properly don't cost her a shot at the record.

She now has 61 RBIs. There are 13 regular season games left, let's say they play two games in the SEC tournament and 5 games in the NCAA tournament that's 20 games. She needs to average a little less than one rbi per game to get the record.

She now has 61 RBIs. There are 13 regular season games left, let's say they play two games in the SEC tournament and 5 games in the NCAA tournament that's 20 games. She needs to average a little less than one rbi per game to get the record.

Gregg is such a good hitter I think she exceeds the record fairly easily. Vines is the one that has showed out and so versatile. I would not care if she never slapped again but she can and if Leach is not on then Gregg batting if we need a run it would be ok. Until Geer gets her head right again and I hope she does she is killing us with the strike outs and weak swings. Gregg will be our only AA this year INHO!

One thing is for sure....we are now gettin' down to the "nut cuttin'" in the SEC...the next four weeks will be really interesting. I hope we are as good as our 15/16 game win streak suggests...can't wait to find out! :)

P.S. Is "nut cuttin'" an acceptable expression for softball usage? *j/k* :wacko:

What you do with a rise ball is don't swing at it...

Osario has struck out 217 batters in 125 innings. That is almost 2 an inning. She leads the SEC in strikeouts. The problem for the hitter is when she doesn't throw a rise ball. If you don't swing at it that's a strike also.

Osorio's problem if she has one is walks. She also leads the SEC in bases on balls and has twice as many as does Moss in about the same number of innings pitched.

One thing is for sure....we are now gettin' down to the "nut cuttin'" in the SEC...the next four weeks will be really interesting. I hope we are as good as our 15/16 game win streak suggests...can't wait to find out! :)

P.S. Is "nut cuttin'" an acceptable expression for softball usage? *j/k* :wacko:

From my point of view, I use it often, it is acceptable and fully understood. I would say that is nearly as good as somebody has the nads or stones!!! Nuff said!

Last edited:
She will probably transfer after the season is over...going down a division or another tier to an FCS school maybe will help her out....hopefully the weeklys can convince an instate pitcher to walkon next season....it will be moss, arnold, and sprang as the top 3

12 games left...would 8-4 and at least 2 tourney wins get us a national seed?

She will probably transfer after the season is over...going down a division or another tier to an FCS school maybe will help her out....hopefully the weeklys can convince an instate pitcher to walkon next season....it will be moss, arnold, and sprang as the top 3

You may be right but I don't think she will. If she was going to leave I would have bet last year myself.

VN Store

Back