Lady Vols Softball Team Game Thread week 8

On the video that was posted I see daylight between her toe and the ground. That's all I can say.

As to why an umpire wouldn't call it, I can only speculate. The two simplest answers are that they either aren't looking or are looking and don't see it.

Another fan once told me that although the field umpires have the best vantage point to see whether or not the pitchers foot is on the plate properly, they cannot easily tell whether her foot leaves the ground. I don't agree with the second part but that's what he said.

It is possible those people would be wrong

It is also possible they are NOT wrong.

Same thing happened to FL in the past. They got to OKC and suddenly every other pitch from that pitcher was illegal.

Seems that with top teams once the season has gone far without a call, umps in conference appear reluctant to change (for fear of looking bad? Dunno.).

All I know is I witnessed it with my own eyes over and over tonight live. There is a huge jump and replant. Barnhill's pitching from 2 feet closer than other pitchers and often from way to the left.

It's no wonder she's unhittable.

Looks legal to me. The pivot foot drags the ground, or is so close to it you can't really tell. She doesn't replant. Her pivot foot kicks out to the first base side but she doesn't replant and push off a 2nd time. And her stride foot lands in the lane. Abbott used to step forward a little, completely off the rubber with her pivot foot and I think she got a few illegals called in her day. Softball pitching rules are stupid and don't fit human anatomy. It is natural to have more separation in the feet and step into the pitch and pitchers will always skirt the rules trying to find a way to be more comfortable in their delivery. JMHO:)

Wow. The rear view is more unclear and appears to drag, but the side views are more clear. She REPLANTS and pitches from 2 feet closer. I'm telling you that I saw it probably 30 times tonight.

Agreed. The hop is the worst. I don't know how much that adds to her 70+ mph pitches but it looks to me like both feet are off the ground for a split second.

She's effectively pitching from 2 feet closer than other pitchers.

You should be in Knox. 😐 Just saying. 😊

Are there last minute tickets available at/outside the stadium? If I can go (probably can't, unexpected company), would Sunday be a good game for my first ever? Or should I wait for one where we will shine💥 a little better?

Are there last minute tickets available at/outside the stadium? If I can go (probably can't, unexpected company), would Sunday be a good game for my first ever? Or should I wait for one where we will shine💥 a little better?

Sunday was a sell out, but you probably could've bought tix from a scalper. Ended up being one of the best games of the season.

They don't call many illegal pitches, in my opinion, because nobody really wants to deal with controversy. It is conflict avoidance. If you pick up your pivot foot and put it down again, that is replanting and most definitely illegal. I posted a video of her recently and it is quite clear that most of the time the pivot foot comes off the ground--it is not a drag. Is it somewhat subtle? Of course it is, illegal pitches/crow hops almost always are. But that doesn't change the fact that it is illegal. Is it a coincidence that she is the best pitcher in the game? I think not.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back