Lady Vols Softball Team Game Thread week 6

I think our ranking is BS and almost brought this topic up myself. Our record is as good or better than almost /everybody/ in front of us--and there is no way Kentucky and Georgia and others should be ranked higher. We were definitely hurt by losing two to Arky, which should not have happened. That said, it doesn't matter as it will get sorted out as we go through our meaty SEC schedule. We are approaching crunch time, starting with the Kentucky series. Definitely need two wins in Lexington--very doable if we hit as we are capable of hitting (which we didn't do against Arkansas, a series in which Gregg did not get a hit!). This series will surely help the confidence of our hitters--facing mediocre pitching usually does. We just need to keep it going for, oh, another eight weeks!

Reactions: 1 person
I think our ranking is BS and almost brought this topic up myself. Our record is as good or better than almost /everybody/ in front of us--and there is no way Kentucky and Georgia and others should be ranked higher. We were definitely hurt by losing two to Arky, which should not have happened. That said, it doesn't matter as it will get sorted out as we go through our meaty SEC schedule. We are approaching crunch time, starting with the Kentucky series. Definitely need two wins in Lexington--very doable if we hit as we are capable of hitting (which we didn't do against Arkansas, a series in which Gregg did not get a hit!). This series will surely help the confidence of our hitters--facing mediocre pitching usually does. We just need to keep it going for, oh, another eight weeks!

Agree 100%. We should be ranked in the top 10 without a doubt.

Auburn clobbers UGA 13-4 in a game that didn't seem that close. Every Auburn out was a hit ball that looked to be a triple or something before it was caught. Auburn takes the series at UGA.

I guess it's best for TN that UGA lose, but if anyone thought Auburn was going to be in turmoil because of the Myers thing - I guess not.

Also LSU over MSU 1-0.

Took my 8 year daughter to her first game.She is left handed we have been doing pitching lessons for 2 years.She enjoyed watching the game.Felt sorry for the 2nd pitcher for State.She walked so many Lady Vols.Moss stride was crazy to my little girl.

Reactions: 5 people
Question for posters: why are we ranked 19th.....I must have missed something somewhere. I thought we were better than 19th. BTW, this is a question for anyone & not just for Volfan2012.
Probably three bad losses two at Arkansas and one to SC. However Alabama has lost to Missouri and SC so they are ranked far higher than they should be.
It will all get sorted out we have the schedule to be a top ten team or fall out of the top 25 all together. No worry about the ranking right now it will be decided on the field.

Probably three bad losses two at Arkansas and one to SC. However Alabama has lost to Missouri and SC so they are ranked far higher than they should be.
It will all get sorted out we have the schedule to be a top ten team or fall out of the top 25 all together. No worry about the ranking right now it will be decided on the field.

With a record of 30-5 I figured we should be at least #12 or lower. But yeah, I guess rankings shouldn't matter to us LVs fans at this time.

With a record of 30-5 I figured we should be at least #12 or lower. But yeah, I guess rankings shouldn't matter to us LVs fans at this time.

We will move up in the rankings next week as none of the games happening now are considered. We'll pass Georgia and Alabama will drop some. I think we could come in around 15th in the next poll maybe higher depending on who wins the games played today and early next week.

Would like to see Ralph give Batts a start at DH she has only a few bats but has impressed with over a .600 obp.

We're currently ranked 13th in the rpi so that is the only thing that matters right now

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/softball/d1/ncaa-womens-softball-rpi

The RPI is impossible to understand - to me at least. According to that link Washington is currently # 1 with a 26-6 record and Arizona is # 2 with a 32-1 record through last weekend. BUT Arizona already beat Washington like a rented mule in their series 3 games to 0 by a combined score of 20-2, including 2 shutouts and a run rule game. AND Arizona's only loss was by 1 run to Florida St, which is 32-1-1. What am I missing?

Morrison started but what a quick hook by ralph walked a better and an infield hit and on comes Arnold.

I guess Lockman can't play today Ralph usually pulls the switch after a play like that but evidently she is injured.
1 to 1 going to the fourth.

Ralph said in yesterday's post-game interview that Lockman wasn't going to play. She would be ready Tuesday.

McClain getting better with every game played. Arnold pitching far better than Friday. Hopefully she can get six more outs for the sweep.

Huffstetler is an intriguing player she is a very tough out at the bat. Seems to be an excellent fielder but she is playing behind Leach.

NC State doesn't have a pitcher with an ERA less than 8 we have underachieved in scoring today.

VN Store

Back