Lady Vols Softball Team Game Thread week 6

This can't be any fun for NC State. They have had a good program under Shawn Rychcik. I understand they have had some player defections that have hurt them this season.

Kentucky pulls out the win over Ole Miss 1-0 after Ole Miss loads the bases in the bottom of the 7th but can't score. :angry:

The series at Kentucky next weekend is big for TN. Two victories are vital.

aTm over SC 5-2.

Florida over Arkansas 8-0.

Reactions: 1 person
Kentucky pulls out the win over Ole Miss 1-0 after Ole Miss loads the bases in the bottom of the 7th but can't score. :angry:

The series at Kentucky next weekend is big for TN. Two victories are vital.

aTm over SC 5-2.

Florida over Arkansas 8-0.

Yeah that coach didn't pitch hit his slapper with the bases loaded :banghead2:

Nice series win!! Excited to see morrison pitch tomorrow and I'm also excited to see who gets a break tomorrow

Lady Vols win 16 to 2 one more to go in this series now 30 and 5 on the season.

Question for posters: why are we ranked 19th.....I must have missed something somewhere. I thought we were better than 19th. BTW, this is a question for anyone & not just for Volfan2012.

Question for posters: why are we ranked 19th.....I must have missed something somewhere. I thought we were better than 19th. BTW, this is a question for anyone & not just for Volfan2012.

I will give my opinion! The lose to SC at home and the 2 road loses at Arky. After that we dropped from 13 to 19 I think. Not sure now if the SC loss is that bad but 2 at Arky seemed bad at the time. Not so much now though. Beating OM 3 was not enough I guess to give us a kick up and Liberty, NC state and Nc not much help either I would imagine. I really think we will know more after Kentucky where I would settle for 2 in a minute!!

Well since I don't pay much attention to the rankings I'm probably not the one to answer. But I'll take a stab at it.

Tennessee is not a top ten team, so that eliminates 10 spots. In spots 11 through 18 you have James Madison, Oklahoma, UCLA, Baylor, Utah, Kentucky, Louisiana, and Georgia.

IMO Tennessee can compete with any of those eight teams but it's doubtful that they're significantly better than any of them. They beat Oklahoma and lost to Utah. They lost badly to James Madison last season, but that was last season not this season. They took the series from Georgia last season but did not play Kentucky last season. They'll play Kentucky and Georgia later on this season in the SEC. We'll know more then.

I hope they can break into the top 16 and secure one of the 16 Regional spots in the NCAA tournament. But the end of season schedule for Tennessee is so brutal that that is not a given.

Well since I don't pay much attention to the rankings I'm probably not the one to answer. But I'll take a stab at it.

Tennessee is not a top ten team, so that eliminates 10 spots. In spots 11 through 18 you have James Madison, Oklahoma, UCLA, Baylor, Utah, Kentucky, Louisiana, and Georgia.

IMO Tennessee can compete with any of those eight teams but it's doubtful that they're significantly better than any of them. They beat Oklahoma and lost to Utah. They lost badly to James Madison last season, but that was last season not this season. They took the series from Georgia last season but did not play Kentucky last season. They'll play Kentucky and Georgia later on this season in the SEC. We'll know more then.

I hope they can break into the top 16 and secure one of the 16 Regional spots in the NCAA tournament. But the end of season schedule for Tennessee is so brutal that that is not a given.

We're currently ranked 13th in the rpi so that is the only thing that matters right now

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/softball/d1/ncaa-womens-softball-rpi

Okay that's good to know. As you can tell I don't follow that kind of stuff very much.

You're good man...the RPI is just one of the criteria the NCAA uses for seeding the top 16....hopefully heading down the stretch of our SEC schedule we can win at least 2 out 3 on all of them all though the Florida one will be the toughest task to do that

Alabama 2nd baseman down in the Mizz game. She got clocked in the face by her own teammate attempting to fire a throw to first. She's going to the hospital. That ball hit her at full speed right in the side of the face from about 2 feet away. Ugly.

Since we have to play Florida at 4RPI, Alabama at 7RPI, TAM at 9 RPI, LSU at 12RPI and Kentucky at 15 RPI we should stay above the magic 16. Brian Rice said yesterday that there was several criteria but RPI was the most influential. Just cannot have any hiccups along the way. Really according to the RPI we really have not had a bad loss. SC is at 19, Utah at 22, Texas at 24 and Arky at 25 ( two losses may hurt).

Alabama 2nd baseman down in the Mizz game. She got clocked in the face by her own teammate attempting to fire a throw to first. She's going to the hospital. That ball hit her at full speed right in the side of the face from about 2 feet away. Ugly.

Whats the score??

I have another question to ask.....What has happened to our last year's pitcher I believe her name was Erin Gabriel. Did she transfer out or get injured for the year?

Game Highlights: https://youtu.be/GanDRSGg6-A
Recap: http://www.utsports.com/sports/w-softbl/recaps/040117aaa.html
59ba1aabc27ef9de036733c1573599c4.png

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back