Lady Vols Softball Team Game Thread week 11

Arnold a little better still throwing her pitches up in the zone. Got a good call on one strike that looked like a ball to me. Of course this umpire does not know a strike from a ball could have easily given Arnold a few strike calls in that first inning.

It's amazing aTm has only scored 5 runs. They've left bases loaded the past three innings. Our pitching has been erratic, but Morrison and Arnold have been able to limit the damage somewhat.

Appears to me that Coaching staff conceded this game to A&M in 1st inning.

I think they did and unless something is wrong with Moss that we don't know I looks more like they did. TAM did not start their stud Shows either but I think them having the home advantage may have caused that.

Good for Arnold. She settled down, came back in and is stockpiling Ks. Top of the order can get us back in this.

Beat ourselves tonight. Four of aTm's runs were walked and the fifth got on base with an error. IIRC, only 3 on base in 6 innings for the LVs. Just a really bad night.

New day tomorrow...

Leach down to .320 which is the lowest average I have seen her have. McClain has a higher average. If we can't win tomorrow forget about hosting the Super Regional I think not winning two here will put us out unless we somehow pull a miracle and win the SEC Tourney.

Reactions: 1 person
Leach down to .320 which is the lowest average I have seen her have. McClain has a higher average. If we can't win tomorrow forget about hosting the Super Regional I think not winning two here will put us out unless we somehow pull a miracle and win the SEC Tourney.

More than likely, Auburn will pick up at least two against Bama. Other than Geer's GS, LVs really haven't played well offensively since game 2 at LSU and have been shutout by four different pitchers. We'll have to make an amazing turnaround this weekend OTR against a very confident aTm team.

More than likely, Auburn will pick up at least two against Bama. Other than Geer's GS, LVs really haven't played well offensively since game 2 at LSU and have been shutout by four different pitchers. We'll have to make an amazing turnaround this weekend OTR against a very confident aTm team.

I thought when all these orange sunshine pumpers on here was saying we will take 3 from TAM was blowing smoke out of there azz. They said TAM had not played anyone and after tonights game they still have not played anyone. We played and responded piss poor the whole game. Ralph gave this game away at the start. No fire by anyone in orange tonight. If we make a top 8 seed we have to win the next two and I just don't see it. TAM hit better pitched better and coached better.

I thought when all these orange sunshine pumpers on here was saying we will take 3 from TAM was blowing smoke out of there azz. They said TAM had not played anyone and after tonights game they still have not played anyone. We played and responded piss poor the whole game. Ralph gave this game away at the start. No fire by anyone in orange tonight. If we make a top 8 seed we have to win the next two and I just don't see it. TAM hit better pitched better and coached better.

I thought we'd go 1-2 against UF and 2-1 against aTm. We beat ourselves tonight. Tough to win against a Top 10 team when our pitchers walk 7 and we let a batter on base with an error. Moss will pitch tomorrow so we have a chance to get back on track. The Aggies will have the crowd and momentum on their side, though, so it won't be easy.

I said we would take two was hoping for three but you cannot walk that many batters and expect to win and that first inning error didn't help along with the track McSwain took on that double in the first...but these girls fight and don't give up...will be ready to go tomorrow

How about starting a series with your best pitcher, eh? Moss is our best pitcher, is she not? Apparently, the Weeklys don't think so. Have they not noticed that Arnold has struggled consistently in game 3 of a series when she starts game one? In any case, they picked the starter today.They are also playing around with the lineup a lot. Suddenly, Bearden is in the lineup after not playing all year except in mop-up duty.They did the same with Morrison a couple of weeks ago. There was Morrison in the lineup as a hitter after sitting all year. Holcomb is in and out, Rowland in and out. I get trying to get some production out of the bottom of the order, but I guess the bottom line is that the tinkering hasn't helped much. Weimer, to me, has been our most promising sub--but she's not been playing much lately for reasons unclear. Oh, well.

It is easy for me to sit in my easy chair and second guess but I agree that it appeared that coaching staff ceded the game to A&M in the 1st inning .

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like a fourth place finish for Tennessee in league which gets us a bye. We are now playing for seeding and a Super Regional at home and we need both of these remaining games to get there.

Anybody remember the last time Lockman got a hit she is in the .230's and about a month ago was over .300. Other than the Geer homer runs have been scarce. We depend on Leach and the top of the order and right now none of them are doing much.

You are exactly right. Lockman has not hit all year and I remember a base knock many games ago because I hoped she came out of the slump. looks like not a slump but just cant hit a lick. I would put Vines on first base and have Weimer DP and tell Lockman to not swing at nothing. Bearden has had a hit in her last two games she played but looked like crap in the field last night. I really believe the sun got in her eyes on the error but it still was costly. She does have a cannon for a arm. If you want to be honest the only two that you assume will get a hit every time is Gregg and Vines. Everybody else is a crap shoot. Leach is in a big time slump and Scarlett has cut down on her strikeouts but still swings for the fences most often erratically. Ralph chewed her azz for a swing at one in the dirt on the first pitch last night. Another poor outing today and we will not make the top 8 nationally without some serious tournament run or a collapse of one of the teams in front of us. JMHO!

Wonder what tinkering we'll have with the lineup today? No matter how much tweaking Ralph does with the bottom of the order, the game will likely be decided by the play of Moss, Leach, Geer, Gregg and Vines, with perhaps a little help from McClain.

The LVs missed a big opportunity to set the tone for the series last night. The Aggies were in a slump and now their confidence has soared. They'll have a big home crowd today.

Wonder what tinkering we'll have with the lineup today? No matter how much tweaking Ralph does with the bottom of the order, the game will likely be decided by the play of Moss, Leach, Geer, Gregg and Vines, with perhaps a little help from McClain.

The LVs missed a big opportunity to set the tone for the series last night. The Aggies were in a slump and now their confidence has soared. They'll have a big home crowd today.

I agree. With Ralph there will be a change from last nite I really think. I would think Vines back to first, Holcomb in left field, and Scarlett DP. AS i said in a earlier post I would give Weimer a chance as catcher or DP but Ralph seems to think that she is not good enough to catch, which I disagree with, but the power hitter PH in every case. We shall see and he has won a lot more games than I have!:mf_surrender::shaking2::rock2:

Last edited:
Yep, I'm guessing Vines at 1B, but McSwain might start in LF. Ralph seems to have more confidence in Lockman than Weimer behind the plate, though Weimer is a better hitter. If Moss finds her groove, we get good offensive production from the top of the order and we start strong, I like our chances. If Moss struggles early like she has lately, our bats start cold and we get in a hole, aTm will capitalize like they did last night. Could see a pitcher's duel with Show and Moss pitching today.

I think the lineup changes will be

Leach- 2b
Holcomb- LF
Gregg- SS
Vines- DP
Geer- RF
Bearden- 1st
Seggren- 3b
Weimer- C
McClain- CF

Moss pitching...The only reason I believe we keep seeing Lockman start at catcher is because of her arm...Weimer and lockman seem even on defense...weimer seems to be a better hitter...but you notice her throwing motion maybe does not gun down would be base stealers like lockman does...inserting Holcomb into the lineup you add in more speed and defense while losing HR power but I think that's okay this series....Bearden has been playing okay except for that error yesterday which I just think she took her eye off the ball

Last edited:
I think the lineup changes will be

Leach- 2b
Holcomb- LF
Gregg- SS
Vines- DP
Geer- RF
Bearden- 1st
Seggren- 3b
Weimer- C
McClain- CF

Moss pitching...The only reason I believe we keep seeing Lockman start at catcher is because of her arm...Weimer and lockman seem even on defense...weimer seems to be a better hitter...but you notice her throwing motion maybe does not gun down would be base stealers like lockman does...inserting Holcomb into the lineup you add in more speed and defense while losing HR power but I think that's okay this series....Bearden has been playing okay except for that error yesterday which I just think she took her eye off the ball

My thoughts but not necessarily my wish.

Leach 2nd
Geer RF
Gregg SS
Vines 1st
McSwain DP
Seggern 3rd
Lockman c
Holcomb LF
McClain CF

Moss pitching. Key to me for all our pitchers is and always will be 1st pitch strikes and stop the bad walks.

Footnote: Coaching the other key!
As always JMHO and nothing more!!:loco::loco:

VN Store

Back