Lady Vols Softball Team Game Thread week 11

What happened at first base? Why didn't they start our more experienced pitcher?

I am not sure bearden was going to catch that popup if the runner did not obstruct. She looks entirely different today than in the past. Maybe she can hit where the other first basemen cannot.

Moss is our best pitcher--so why in the world would the Weeklys start Arnold? Sometimes, our coaches seem to overthink.

Disastrous first inning. A sweep in this series could put UT in top 8 and in position to host a super regional.

I wish ralph had Leach taking that 3-1 pitch since she has such a keen eye. It was a strike but the next pitch may have brought Geer up to the plate

True. SS made a great play - 9.5/10 times that brings in the runner.

How long will Ralph let Morrison struggle before trying Moss?

True. SS made a great play - 9.5/10 times that brings in the runner.

How long will Ralph let Morrison struggle before trying Moss?

I don't think we see Moss at all unless we somehow take the lead. Our girls look as much star struck this game as they did all last weekend. plate ump not helping with his calls but unless the pitcher is close to the plate most of the time you are not going to get the call. Morrison is erratic but if we somehow can hit we still have a chance. Never win a game not scoring a run!!:loco::loco:

No hitting at all again to night. Other than the grand slam we haven't scored any runs or got many players on base. 3 runs is not to much to overcome we haven't even challenged at the plate this game.

I don't think we see Moss at all unless we somehow take the lead. Our girls look as much star struck this game as they did all last weekend. plate ump not helping with his calls but unless the pitcher is close to the plate most of the time you are not going to get the call. Morrison is erratic but if we somehow can hit we still have a chance. Never win a game not scoring a run!!:loco::loco:

Morrison has barely escaped disaster the past two innings. I'm guessing she'll be relieved soon. Maybe Arnold has settled down and will give it another go.

No hitting at all again to night. Other than the grand slam we haven't scored any runs or got many players on base. 3 runs is not to much to overcome we haven't even challenged at the plate this game.

You are right and by the grace of God with all these walks and worm burning pitches we are still in it.

Well that just about does us in tonight. Walk after walk will eventually get you in trouble and were way down now. I would let Morrison take one for the team and come back tomorrow with Moss and Arnold both ready to go.

We didn't come ready to play tonight. We're flat in all facets of the game.

You have to make them hit the ball when you give up this many walks teams are going to score.

VN Store

Back