Lady Vols Softball Team Game Thread week 11

We played 22 games against top 25 competition and won 16 of them hard to understand why that is not good enough to have an rpi better than A&M who play 20 top 25 teams went 14 and 6 and two of the losses were to Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
We played 22 games against top 25 competition and won 16 of them hard to understand why that is not good enough to have an rpi better than A&M who play 20 top 25 teams went 14 and 6 and two of the losses were to Tennessee.

awards more for home wins than in other sports, I read--.7 vs. .6 for, say, basketball. And a&m had a ton of home games this year. And we played too many non-conference creampuffs. Also, while we played a much harder SEC schedule than a&m, we didn't get much of a bump out of that because /everyone/ in the SEC has a good RPI. I think Karen Weekly said everyone in the conference is 32 or below! She said yesterday she thought the conference this year was stronger than ever.

For baseball, the % of D1 wins is only 25% of the RPI. The RPI weights road wins and home losses at 1.4, while reducing the weighting for road losses and home wins to 0.6. Neutral wins and losses are weighted at 1.0. I think these are the right weightings for softball, but I'm not positive.

RPI also factors in SOS and win % for a team's DQ opponents. It gets convoluted.

Last edited:
Results are in on SEC honors: Megan Gregg Player of the Year as should be
Caylan Arnold Freshman of the Year mine too
Moss 2nd team
Vines 2nd team
Seggern first team with Arnold
Great ladies!!

Reactions: 1 person
Nobody deserved top honors more than Gregg and Arnold. The season would have been very different without the contributions of those two players.

Congrats to all those honored! I wish Megan Geer would have made 2nd team her senior year, but stretches of inconsistent play cost her a spot, I guess.

awards more for home wins than in other sports, I read--.7 vs. .6 for, say, basketball. And a&m had a ton of home games this year. And we played too many non-conference creampuffs. Also, while we played a much harder SEC schedule than a&m, we didn't get much of a bump out of that because /everyone/ in the SEC has a good RPI. I think Karen Weekly said everyone in the conference is 32 or below! She said yesterday she thought the conference this year was stronger than ever.

A silly formula but would definitely explain it since they played 33 games at home this season. I am expecting to go on the road for the Super Regional unless we get at least a couple wins in the SEC tourney.

Nobody deserved top honors more than Gregg and Arnold. The season would have been very different without the contributions of those two players.

Congrats to all those honored! I wish Megan Geer would have made 2nd team her senior year, but stretches of inconsistent play cost her a spot, I guess.

I think that as well but I thought all along that our next AA would be Gregg. She can do everything well. I hope that Vines can move up next year to that level. She does not hit many HRs and unless she is a position player next year that most likely will not happen. Moss with her record is a upper level pitcher but the league had and probably will continue to have great pitching and Barnhill is only a soph as well. Mattys MO both years so far has been struggle early and give up the HR ball rather consistently. All this is JMHO as always!!:snoring:

I think Leach should have made a spot at second but can't say I've check all the stats for others at her position. She's had a very good year and is underrated.

VN Store

Back