Lady Vols Softball Team Game Thread at Arkansas

Moss still unstable. Throw strikes Matty. Get into a rhythm. Gets a line drive out to McClain in center. Then a full-count extended at-bat with multiple foul balls results in a called 3rd strike on a nice off-speed pitch. Then 0-2 on the next batter before she fists one over Gregg into short left-center for a hit. Karen to the circle. Next batter walks on 4 pitches. 2 on 2 out. Next batter swing and a miss. Nice pitch on the outside corner. Then an infield hit. Bases loaded.

1 strike away from a 1-2-3 inning and now the bases are loaded.

Next batter foul ball strike 1. Then a grand slam home run. 4-0 Arkansas.

The walks to shcroeder are intentional....Arkansas' best hitter Bama did the same thing last weekend...and I said the have arms in the outfield but not the fastest in the outfield...we're still alright though the bats will come around

If Arkansas had either one of Bama's pitchers the game would be over but they don't we will win no worries guys!

Next batter hard grounder to Leach who can't throw her out. Runner to 2nd. Hard line drive out to Seggern who bobbles it but catches it for out #3.

30 pitches that inning. The bats have to get going. This league is too good and we don't have Florida's pitchers we're not going to shut anybody out.

Top of 4th.

Geer solid single to center. Last inning I would have held McClain and waited for Geer to bat. Hindsight.

Seggern flies out to short center. 1 out. Umpire conference over something. McSwain predictably strikes out looking what is up with her. Wild pitch to Rowland, runners to 2nd and 3rd. Single to center, 2 runs in!

Good inning. I'd like us to find a replacement for McSwain right now. Shes having terrible AB's.

Seggern flies out to short center. 1 out. Umpire conference over something. McSwain predictably strikes out looking what is up with her. Wild pitch to Rowland, runners to 2nd and 3rd. Single to center, 2 runs in!

I'm benching McSwain she just doesn't have it...maybe later in the year she will...geez man...give me Holcomb and her controllable bat in the lineup

Moss gotta get outs. No such luck single to right. Sac bunt moves her to 2nd, one out.

Next batter pops out to Seggern in front of home. 2 down.

Routine fly ball to McClain in center for out #3.

Top of 5th. New pitcher for Arkansas. She throws hundred mile an hour fastballs. Well not really. I hope.

Top of the order and Leach fiddles around for a few pitches trying to bunt or slap, hit the ball Aubrey, then strikes out looking. Jeez.

Vines grounds out to 3rd. Gregg 2 quick strikes then a ball that whizzes past her head then another outside then grounds out to the pitcher to end the inning. Gregg so far doesn't have it tonight.

McSwain and McLain are not going to hit. Does McLain ever get the ball out of the infield?

Bottom of the 5th. Moss needs a 1-2-3 inning.

No such luck. 1st batter gets ahead 0-2 then 3-2 then walks her.

Next batter also gets ahead 0-2 then grounds out to 1st. Runner advances. Should have gotten the lead runner. 1 out.

Pinch runner for Arkansas fastest girl on the team maybe in Arkansas. Pop fly for out #2 to Seggern.

Come on Matty get the 3rd out don't let a run score.

Foul ball strike 1. Way high ball 1. Outside ball 2. Swing and a miss strike 2! Darn single to right runner holds at 3rd. I don't know why. Batter advances to 2nd.

Marty McDaniel to the circle. Moss stays in. Strike out swinging! Whew!

90 pitches for Moss. Too high.

Lockman out at 1st. Geer to 2nd. Well crap. Geer called out they say she left early. I didn't see it. Lockman re-hits, flies out to left. Seggern doubles to left.

VN Store

Back