Lady Vols Softball Team Game Thread at Arkansas

Well it was a series of disappointments for TN. Despite that, TN was one strike away in game 1 and three outs away in game 2 from sweeping this series.

and a helluva lot closer to being swept. All this team needs is to add some pitching and hitting and it would be decent. For right now, they would need two promotions to make average.

They lost game one by one run and lost game two by one run and won game three by four runs. They outscored Arkansas in total runs and had more strikeouts and a better earned run average.

A series win would have been nice but it didn't happen.

Last edited:
Well it was a series of disappointments for TN. Despite that, TN was one strike away in game 1 and three outs away in game 2 from sweeping this series.

and a helluva lot closer to being swept. All this team needs is to add some pitching and hitting and it would be decent. For right now, they would need two promotions to make average.

We weren't close to being swept... what series were you watching? Our main pitchers are a sophomore and a freshman....we have one senior starter one junior starter...the hitting will come around so will the pitching

That we have so few upper-classmen is hurting us. No upper-class pitchers and three upper-class starters, sometimes four--Geer (senior) and three juniors in Gregg, McLain and McSwain (who are good, ok and not ok, respectively). Aldrete's is one of the missing seniors--she'd be a help at the plate, even though she didn't have a very good year for Cal last year (.265 avg. with 7 dingers). And Koenig left too, but I don't think we've missed her. We're basically missing a good third bat after Gregg and Geer--someone like Overstreet, who was a consistently good hitter with definite power. I'd say overall that Vines is our third best hitter--she can drive the ball occasionally--but seems to be in a slapping mode most of the time and hence shows no power.

2 promotions to be average? So we currently are not even below average, we are 2 steps below average? So we have to improve just to be below average? Is that below average for all college softball teams or Div 1 schools or just the SEC or what?

One of the most embarrassing things in sports is being overrated and having it proved on a live broadcast. The (formerly) #13 ranked Lady Vols had that happen last weekend. I think they'll do well to end the season in the top half of the conference. As for the Weeklys, there's an old saying in coaching, "you can't coach what you ain't got" I've seen a lot of 'ain't got' in the Lady Vols so far. And spare me the star ratings on the roster. I have yet to see games won in any sport by a collection of high school clippings.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
One of the most embarrassing things in sports is being overrated and having it proved on a live broadcast. The (formerly) #13 ranked Lady Vols had that happen last weekend. I think they'll do well to end the season in the top half of the conference. As for the Weeklys, there's an old saying in coaching, "you can't coach what you ain't got" I've seen a lot of 'ain't got' in the Lady Vols so far. And spare me the star ratings on the roster. I have yet to see games won in any sport by a collection of high school clippings.

If you are not interested in TN softball, you don't have to watch or post.

Reactions: 2 people

Well...bye.

giphy.gif

It was mentioned during the game threads that this season's Arkansas team was much better than last season's Arkansas team. I think Vols4life posted that. According to Arkansas' box scores and roster, they start 4 seniors (2 of them 5th-year seniors), 4 juniors, 2 sophomores, and 1 freshman. The pitcher, Autumn Storms, is the freshman. Storms will be a good one for Arkansas the next three seasons.

VN Store

Back