Lady Vols Recruiting Info

Soft Ball recruits 2014/2015

I will get some links posted for each player soon,these should be verbal commitments

if you see some players not mentioned in this list,please post there names and i will try and find some info on them

GoldFastpitch.com Verbal Softball commitments

Gregg, Megan INF 2014 Tennessee Southern Force
Ybarra, Shianne 1B 2014 Tennessee Team Mizuno
Adell, Jessica OF 2014 Tennessee Tennessee Fury
McClain, CJ OF 2014 Tennessee Tennessee Fury
McSwain, Scarlet UT 2014 Tennessee Tennessee Fury
Irwin, Lauren INF 2014 Tennessee Tennessee Fury
Moss, Mattilyn P 2015 Tennessee Carolina Crush
Lockman, Abby C/3B 2015 Tennessee Corona Angels
Bush, Bria P 2015 Tennessee Georgia Impact
Rowland, Taylor 1B/OF 2015 Tennessee OC Batbusters
Leach, Aubrey 2B/OF 2015 Tennessee Sudden Impact Gold (TX)
Edmondson, Brittany OF 2015 Tennessee Tennessee Ballhawks
Bearden, Haley 1B/C 2015 Tennessee Tennessee Illusions
Morrison, Kelsey P 2015 Tennessee Windermere Wildfire
Johnson, Jaiden 3B/P 2016 Tennessee Lil’ Rebels
Martin, Kaitlyn P/1B 2016 Tennessee NC Lady Lightning Gold
Seggern, Chelsea SS/UT 2016 Tennessee Texas Blaze

Last edited:
2014 Recruits

Megan Gregg INF 2014 Tennessee Southern Force,surprisingly i couldn't find any links for her
Second baseman Megan Geer (.366, 23 RBIs)
Rosary High School

Shianne Ybarra 1B 2014
Shianne Ybarra's (Mission Viejo, CA) High School Timeline
Shianne Ybarra - Premier Girls Fastpitch - player | Pointstreak Sports Technologies

Jessica Adell RHP/OF 2014 Kentucky Gatorade Soft Ball Player of the Year
batted .461 with six doubles, 32 runs scored and 33 steals
Kentucky Softball POY: Jessica Adell

CJ McClain OF dismissed from her team
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...04160005/Beech-softball-star-dismissed-season
The Tennessee commitment hit .465 with nine homers, 43 RBIs and 17 doubles.
http://www.usatodayhss.com/nashville/article/prep-softball-spring-preview--

Scarlet McSwain UT
Scarlet*McSwain Softball Recruiting Profile on SoftballShowcase.com (Paris*TN, Class of 2014)
Scarlet McSwain Softball Recruitment Video - YouTube
https://sites.google.com/site/furyl.../scarletmcswaincommitstouniversityoftennessee

Lauren Irwin SS
Lauren hit over .400 with 11 HR's and 44 RBI's as Seymour qualified for the TSSAA State Softball Tournament. Irwin not only had a great year...she accepted an offer from Tennessee to become a Lady Vol
07-01-13 Lauren Irwin-Seymour High School-Calhoun's High School Athlete of the Week - YouTube
Seymour infielder Lauren Irwin will get chance to live her dream with Lady Vols » Knoxville News Sentinel
Lauren Irwin - Softball - beRecruited

her pitching,the vid isn't working good on my computer
beRecruited

Last edited:
Two bits of added information.

Bianca Cuevas is said to have released a list of her final three teams under consideration. These are: Tennessee, Mississippi, and South Carolina.

Added to the list of Prospects - 2014

Katelyn Flaherty (NJ) 5'7" PG FC - 34; PN - 23; BS - 25. She is said to have trimmed her list of schools to six, including: Georgia, Louisville, Vandy, Tennessee, Michigan, Ole Miss and Kentucky.

Kortney Dunbar. She has a recent list of six schools (Baylor, Duke, Florida, Louisville, Oklahoma State and Tennessee) and is said to be setting up visits. Here is a link to a recent article from a local (Illinois) paper.

Jim

Rumor has it that Paris Kea (NC) 5'9" PG has an offer from the Tennessee staff. She is not ranked by FullCourt or Blue Star, although the FullCourt staff had some nice things to say about her.

"Paris Kea, 5-7 point guard, Lady Phoenix 2014 (Page High School)

Kea is a true field general-style point guard, and she logged long minutes on the court running offense with few mistakes. She is a good passer in the quarter-court and fullcourt. On offense, she looks to drive but also has a nice pullup jumper which she should use more often. After one contest, it was pointed out Kea was playing with an injury to her shooting hand, perhaps why she took almost no outside shots. A good student, look for her to settle on a BCS school with a good academic reputation."

And here is a write-up from a local sports blog.

Talking about the state title game in the 4-A division this was said:

"Paris hit for 31 points and she carried her team down the stretch and gave them a chance to win and in recent weeks we have seen her passing game pick up, but today it was her scoring that helped her take over the ball game….

She out-played ever player on that court today and that is not to take anything away from any of the State Champs, from Raleigh Millbrook… But the best player on the court on this Saturday, was Paris Kea from Page High School….If you ask me, Kea should have been the game MVP/MOP, even if her team did not win the ball game….That was one of the best individual performances that you will ever see by Kea…"

Jim

Kortney Dunbar is apparently scheduled to visit next weekend (August 24). I'm not sure if this is official or unofficial, but would lean toward official due to the scheduling. The class of 2014 wing will visit Baylor on August 31st with trips to Duke, Louisville and Oklahoma State slated this fall as well.

Jim

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Kortney Dunbar is apparently scheduled to visit next weekend (August 24). I'm not sure if this is official or unofficial, but would lean toward official due to the scheduling. The class of 2014 wing will visit Baylor on August 31st with trips to Duke, Louisville and Oklahoma State slated this fall as well.

Jim

Looks like were looking for a big girl that can shoot from the perimeter she would fit that position quite well.Kortney Dunbar #13 Edwardsville High School SG - YouTube

Local player, 6'6" Cheyenne Hooper '15 is off the board. She has committed to play volleyball at the University of Central Florida.

Jim

I know the staff was pretty high on Thomas at one point. Whether they will stop recruiting her because of this recent announcement, I don't know. You have to wonder what happened, given that she announced Tennessee as one of five schools to which she would be taking official visits and then two-three days later announced that Tennessee was off the lists and that Alabama and Mississippi State were on.

Jim

I know the staff was pretty high on Thomas at one point. Whether they will stop recruiting her because of this recent announcement, I don't know. You have to wonder what happened, given that she announced Tennessee as one of five schools to which she would be taking official visits and then two-three days later announced that Tennessee was off the lists and that Alabama and Mississippi State were on.

Jim
Are you implying the staff lost interest in Thomas? That would be unlikely, as she is a great player. But, if she's no longer interested in UT it's probably best to let it go and concentrate on candidates who are still interested.

Are you implying the staff lost interest in Thomas? That would be unlikely, as she is a great player. But, if she's no longer interested in UT it's probably best to let it go and concentrate on candidates who are still interested.

How you could read into my statement any implication that the staff "lost interest" in Thomas, I don't know. Particularly since I indicated that I was unsure whether the staff would stop recruiting (i.e. no longer continue to recruit) her because of the announcement that she had dropped Tennessee from her list of schools under consideration.

Jim

How you could read into my statement any implication that the staff "lost interest" in Thomas, I don't know. Particularly since I indicated that I was unsure whether the staff would stop recruiting (i.e. no longer continue to recruit) her because of the announcement that she had dropped Tennessee from her list of schools under consideration.

Jim
What made me think that is you said the staff was pretty high on Thomas "at one point". That led me to believe you thought there was a change in their interest.

Maria posted some sort of update on The Summitt today (I'm not a subscriber), so perhaps there is more info available on what happened.

Updated to include Napheesa Collier, a 2015 F ranked in the top 15 who has a home visit scheduled with the Tennessee staff on Sept 17, 2013.

Jim

Kortney Dunbar, a 6'2" 2G from IL became the second verbal to the Lady Vols from the HS class of 2014 (joining Alexa Middleton) after her official visit this weekend.

Dunbar was the second highest scorer on her HS team last season, averaging 14.6 ppg. She was behind Emmonnie Henderson who averaged 15.1 ppg. Henderson, who was also recruited by Tennessee, but committed to Louisville. If I am reading the stats right (there seems to be a problem with the page I found) Dunbar hit 54 of 70 3pt shots for a 77.1% avg. (The 54 connects is correct - she lead the school - but the number of shots was listed incorrectly as 7, but extrapolating from the percentage seems to confirm the number of 3pt shots taken)

Dunbar apparently has experienced a real growth spurt in high school, going from 5'7" in her freshman season to 6'2" to start her senior season. She also wasn't really on the recruiting radar until the summer before her junior season, which may explain her current rankings in the various services.

Jim

Reactions: 1 person
Nared my be the next committ when she makes her visit to Knoxville her travel ball teammates are already on the lady vols Russell and Reynolds

A poster on the Cal Bears site, in an August 8 post, indicated that Gabby Green was down to three - Cal, Duke and Tennessee, with Duke having been since eliminated.

Green played on the U19 team along with Bashaara Graves.

Jim

That's great news on Kortney Dunbar's verbal. After watching her youtube video link she can be on my TN Lady Vols team for sure. At 6'2" she's a player that can shoot the lights out & has some good defensive moves also. I say Welcome aboard Kortney :huggy: I know you will fit in with this team just fine.

Reactions: 2 people
Great pickup a player that makes you guard the perimeter. A player we could use this year glad she is coming to Tennessee.

Yes we will have nine on scholarship and could take 6 this time I think we probably only take four but depends on who wants to come here. The hope is that we will get a post player like Jatarie White or Drummer. Gabby Green is a great guard we would love to have in this class. Then there is 6'1" Jamie Nared who is an awesome player. I would love to see us get these three along with Middleton and Dunbar what an awesome class.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back