Lady Vols Recruiting Info

silly speculation. I doubt this is going on.

You would be surprised. Some posters on this board are very close to the AAU circuits and I doubt they are making things up. Anyways, hopefully some look over
the foolishness any follow their hearts.

silly speculation. I doubt this is going on.

Was it silly speculation when it was being said about Pat??? Sexual orientation is indeed a recruiting tool used by some coaches....I'm close with a 2018 recruit and one school in particular has NO PROBLEM throwing it around. I normally question posters who say they're a "close source" but I had to let it be known to shed light on your "silly speculation" comment. Like another poster said....homophobia is alive and well in this world...and basketball recruiting is not an exception.

If sexual orientation was the case dawn Staley wouldnt be getting players... Y'all think she straight really

I don't know if she is or not. But Dawn Staley is an African-American woman who can relate to a lot of black young women. No disrespect intended, but look at the top 100 players ranked by these recruiting services websites. I would say almost every player is black. Dawn also has been successful on every level, a recent Final Four appearance, has led the nation in attendance the last few seasons plus she's an Olympian. She has a lot she can sell to recruits and their parents. So if negative darts are being thrown her way, she can sustain. Holly and staff will just have to endure with some sort of strategic plan to assure recruits and there parents to not believe the lies and attacks and that they will be in good hands if they choose to attend the University of Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
People really need to chill most commits happen in OCT and NOV.

I get your point, but it's hard to chill when your SEC rivals are getting recruits from left to right. Plus the recruiting scenario from last year still has fans discourage. SC got two this weekend along with Auburn. Miss. State got a couple in the last month or so also. They are players that are all ranked in the top 100 also.

Reactions: 3 people
What I'm confused on is at first raider said ..I have a feeling we will have some good new this week to..maybe next month till..it might cost us ..like which one is it

Ok. Im confused I thought you said we were in good shape. now it may cost us. please elaborate.

What are you unclear about? Tennessee could get or a commitment in the next week, unless they don't and it comes in the next month. Or the next year. But very bold to predict a commitment will come at some point.

And the Lady Vols are in GREAT SHAPE, unless those mean opposing coaches keep lying about Saint Holly like in the past. That way we have a convenient ready-made excuse when she strikes out again and our "gurus" can try to save face.

Honestly, I don't know what's so confusing....

Look at the recruits TN really wants. None have committed anywhere yet. L Williams was expected to pick SC. To my knowledge, she never visited anywhere else. Jackson choose not to visit TN because we are already pursing higher rated guards. Westbrook, Evans and Hayes. That was her choice.

If we don't land some of the 10 recruits scheduled to visit, then I will concede something is wrong. Until then I am not worried. I personally think we will land 4 or 5.

Last edited:
If sexual orientation was the case dawn Staley wouldnt be getting players... Y'all think she straight really

Keep it classy Lady Vols!

If there's any negative recruiting going on in that arena against Tennessee I seriously doubt it's coming from SC. Our primary non-HC recruiter is a former Lady Vol, still loves Tennessee, and would do nothing to damage the legacy of Tennessee like that. I highly doubt anybody on our staff is that classless to stoop to that level.

Congrats to Dawn and SC, they are on a roll. I wonder how seriously will Westbrook consider the Gamecocks now?

Our class is officially wrapped up. It's weird to be done with recruiting before the start of the season.. we're usually not done until the Spring signing period.

Westbrook is all yours! Good luck!

Kasi Kushkituah is officially down to Georgia, Tennessee and Florida State.

Listen to her AAU coach discuss it here. (Skip forward to the 1:46:00 mark in the podcast)

Our class is officially wrapped up. It's weird to be done with recruiting before the start of the season.. we're usually not done until the Spring signing period.

Westbrook is all yours! Good luck!

Didn't you, in another forum yesterday, post that you had one opening left and that your choice would be Westbrook of the many recruiting possibilities SC still has ?

Didn't you, in another forum yesterday, post that you had one opening left and that your choice would be Westbrook of the many recruiting possibilities SC still has ?

That was before I remembered that one of our seniors, Tiffany Davis, is actually a redshirt senior.. she has two playing years left. I'm anticipating that she stays but that could change as well. Maybe our coaching staff knows her plans already.

Last edited:
Kasi Kushkituah is officially down to Georgia, Tennessee and Florida State.

Listen to her AAU coach discuss it here. (Skip forward to the 1:46:00 mark in the podcast)

Based on the audio (unless something changes) we will be more than likely waiting for about 3 weeks before KK makes her decision.

Many female basketball players are gay. A coach would have to determine if the recruit is gay or straight to use "homophobia" as a recruiting technique. How do they do that? Do they ask the recruit directly or do they hire a private detective or what?

Look at the recruits TN really wants. None have committed anywhere yet. L Williams was expected to pick SC. To my knowledge, she never visited anywhere else. Jackson choose not to visit TN because we are already pursing higher rated guards. Westbrook, Evans and Hayes. That was her choice.

I for one am glad that Bianca told us she cancelled her visit! At least she knew what she wanted (South Carolina) and did not waste our time or hers!!!!!!

Ladazia is scheduled for this weekend but have not heard if she cancelled???

If I was a recruit.......I would go for visits on the schools dime that I was not sure of but just wanted the free trip!:) Then I would go to the one I was interested in last and verbal then!:rock:

But our Dana Evans evidently is considering her options? :crazy: We just picked up to openings that we can offer to others????? (Harrison) maybe

Chennedy Carter has Louisville listed as an interest and maybe Dana is waiting on her??? They already have Lindsey Duvall??

Last edited:
Like I said yesterday, I'm not going to repeat what is being said. As someone mentioned, it's not being done by every school. There are schools that recruit the right way (playing up their program, their coaches, their player development, Olympians, All Americans, conference, schedule, facilities, history, etc) and there are others that don't. That also extends to AAU coaches who aren't receiving any financial cutbacks from schools, so they demean coaches and programs to their players.

I try to deal with recruiting in this way "expect the worst and hope for the best." You won't have your hopes up in the event things don't work out.

VN Store

Back