Lady Vols Recruiting Info

Let me rephrase...I think people will be happy soon. Whether that's this week, next week, tomorrow, or November.

The coaches know what they are doing...and what they are up against in terms of what is being said about them and Tennessee.

How confident do you feel that we will here something very soon? I'm just ready to start getting commitments.

If I may inquire, what is being said about them ?

I was about to ask the same thing and I think the frustration with many of us (okay I will just speak for myself) is when you see players who have gone on official visits elsewhere and before they return home (or at least that is what it seems like) they are tweeting thanks to everyone they visited and verballing based on that visit (Williams at SC, Alexis Morris at Baylor, Newby at Vandy, and Treece at Duke), can we finally get someone who is excited about us/UT as we are about them!

Has one of the recruits scheduled a press conference? It seems to me that "later this week" would be a peculiar wait time. If you leave Knoxville knowing that's your destination, seemingly you would go ahead and call it--unless of course you are scheduling your announcement. Any press conferences in the works?

Reactions: 1 person
It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to deduce what other programs might be saying about the Vols. Some of us have been saying it ourselves for a while.....:eek:hmy:

So it makes sense that posters in the know can just spit it out and stop being vague. I do know that some fans (self included) have expressed a lack of faith in Holly to lead the program back to championships. To go deeper, there are concerns about her leadership, player development and the offense.

You think that's what other coaches are telling recruits?

Reactions: 2 people
It has nothing to do with player development or anything like that.

It makes what was said about Pat look like child's play. Holly won't stoop to their level. She's too good for that.

I was about to ask the same thing and I think the frustration with many of us (okay I will just speak for myself) is when you see players who have gone on official visits elsewhere and before they return home (or at least that is what it seems like) they are tweeting thanks to everyone they visited and verballing based on that visit (Williams at SC, Alexis Morris at Baylor, Newby at Vandy, and Treece at Duke), can we finally get someone who is excited about us/UT as we are about them!

I think Danielle Patterson is excited about Tn.

It makes what was said about Pat look like child's play. Holly won't stoop to their level. She's too good for that.

I guess I am lost. What was said about Pat? If it is in the past maybe someone can explain to those of us that may be in a fog.

And...it has cost us recruits, and could very will cost us again.

This team that is about to hit the floor, has "how many McD AA's?"
It is a final four or better team, talentwise.

You want more yippee's from recruits?
Simply, win!
You want to silence the critics?
Performance will shut em up!

Win...
Beat the teams we're supposed to beat and pulverize everyone else. Like the legendary organization that is UT Lady Vols.

Reactions: 2 people

Punt!

Don't let em get to ya, mtsu...One word out of kilter and everything you say from that point on gets more scrutinized.

Punt!

I guess I am lost. What was said about Pat? If it is in the past maybe someone can explain to those of us that may be in a fog.

Recruiting is a very dirty game. I can only imagine what is being said. It probably has something to do with sexual orientation or something personal and has nothing to do with basketball. Some of these coaches are cold hearted snakes and would go to any level to get a signature. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't coming from Ole Miss's and/or Louisville's camps. I just can't see Stanford, Georgia, South Carolina or Notre Dame stooping this low. These are the few schools we are battling for recruits.

Recruiting is a very dirty game. I can only imagine what is being said. It probably has something to do with sexual orientation or something personal and has nothing to do with basketball. Some of these coaches are cold hearted snakes and would go to any level to get a signature. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't coming from Ole Miss's and/or Louisville's camps. I just can't see Stanford, Georgia, South Carolina or Notre Dame stooping this low. These are the few schools we are battling for recruits.

100% agree with this. Homophobia is alive and well on college campuses and the fact that so many coaches are able to use it to their advantage - and not get punished - is disgusting.

That being said, I feel proud to support a program with a long history of "not stooping to their level" and seems (at least from the outside) to create an atmosphere of inclusivity. As a fan, I'm happy to take some recruiting hits if it means we celebrate our players and the sport rather than spew hateful rhetoric.

100% agree with this. Homophobia is alive and well on college campuses and the fact that so many coaches are able to use it to their advantage - and not get punished - is disgusting.

That being said, I feel proud to support a program with a long history of "not stooping to their level" and seems (at least from the outside) to create an atmosphere of inclusivity. As a fan, I'm happy to take some recruiting hits if it means we celebrate our players and the sport rather than spew hateful rhetoric.

Exactly! There is no way I would let my child play for a coach that will do anything to win. You have to bash another coach/program to win over a recruit? How to do some of the parents actually sit up entertain the garbage? Someone's personal life is none of our business. I just don't get it. You would actually stoop that low to spread rumors, lies and gossip to teenage girls and their families to gain a slight edge. If it was me, I couldn't sleep at night. But karma is no joke and when it strikes it leaves you looking stupid and embarrassed.

silly speculation. I doubt this is going on.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back