Lady Vols recruiting 2018 & beyond

I know this is a new thread but this is regarding our 2017 class:

Stories tell tale of Lady Vols' signing class
Regarding Hayes recruitment -
“Look, I’m going to beat to the chase, ‘Do you want to come?’ said Warlick, repeating her minutes of their meeting.
“Are you really, truly interested in Tennessee? Because all I’m hearing is you don’t want to come to Tennessee. If you don’t want to come, that’s fine. Just tell me because I have to know. You’re who I want. I can’t imagine a kid from the state of Tennessee not wanting to play at the University of Tennessee. But it’s not always a good fit."

I lovedddddddd this! I SO didn't expect this from Holly!!! :)

Reactions: 4 people
Hopefully the wealth of the 2018 class will we spread out. I expect Maryland will land a few since they did not sign any for 2017.

Hopefully the wealth of the 2018 class will we spread out. I expect Maryland will land a few since they did not sign any for 2017.

I hope Maryland don't land any because of the games their coach play on the recruiting circuit, she'll do just about whatever it takes to land a recruit

For those asking about Rhyne Howard, she just released her top 6 schools and Tennessee is not on the list.

Jim

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 28m28 minutes ago

WBB: Rhyne Howard, 6-0 G, Bradley Central HS (TN)—top 50 in 2018—has announced her top 6
Florida
GA Tech
Kentucky
NC St.
Purdue
S. Carolina

For those asking about Rhyne Howard, she just released her top 6 schools and Tennessee is not on the list.

Jim

WBB: Rhyne Howard, 6-0 G, Bradley Central HS (TN)—top 50 in 2018—has announced her top 6
Florida
GA Tech
Kentucky
NC St.
Purdue
S. Carolina

Was Rhyne one of Tennessee's targets, or a backup plan like McKinney was?

I'm not really sure if Tennessee was ever really recruiting her. She is ranked 38 by Hoopgurlz and 18 by Prospects Nation and I think that people assume a mutual interest because she is both ranked and from Bradley County.

I know there are several guards ranked higher by the services who are definitely on Tennessee's wish list.

Jim

Jim

Florida
GA Tech
Kentucky
NC St.
Purdue
S. Carolina

There are six guards in the top sixty and we could not get them all!!! That leaves five more and the ladies at Hamilton Heights (Balogun and Massengill) may want to come as a team??:rock:

Reactions: 1 person
Reactions: 4 people
Regarding Hayes recruitment -
“Look, I’m going to beat to the chase, ‘Do you want to come?’ said Warlick, repeating her minutes of their meeting.
“Are you really, truly interested in Tennessee? Because all I’m hearing is you don’t want to come to Tennessee. If you don’t want to come, that’s fine. Just tell me because I have to know. You’re who I want. I can’t imagine a kid from the state of Tennessee not wanting to play at the University of Tennessee. But it’s not always a good fit."

I lovedddddddd this! I SO didn't expect this from Holly!!! :)

That's a great story. Every time the crowd gets vocal about Holly this and Holly that, I read a story like this and think I'm okay with seeing how this plays out for the time.

Reactions: 1 person
1. Clay Kallam has never won a Pulitzer.
2. Kallam writes with the voice of a scorned woman.
3. Kallam still can't spell Pat Summitt's name correctly. (Ugh!)
4. Kallam includes a glaring grammatical error in his next to last paragraph.

Warning: Kallam, abandon your glass house....
Sounds like a hatchet job to me. If I were a recruit/parent it would scare me off.

Sounds like a hatchet job to me. If I were a recruit/parent it would scare me off.

Clay Kallam has never been a UT or Pat fan. He's been writing/saying negative things about UT and Pat for decades. Has always disparaged Candace Parker too since she committed to Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
If Tennessee does not make the NCAA tournament this year, do you think this will hurt our recruiting for the 2018 class.

Tennessee will make the NCAA tournament.

Only if the 5 players on the court show up and play hard every possession. Back to my original question about the recruiting class. If we do not make the ncaa's does it affect the 2018 recruiting

VN Store

Back