Lady Vols recruiting 2018 & beyond

Per ESPN.

Olivia Nelson-Ododa, P, POS RANK P #1HT 6-4HS Winder-Barrow H.S. (GA)

Christyn Williams, G, POS RANK G #1HT 5-11HS Central Arkansas Christian School (AR)

Izabella Nicoletti, G, POS RANK G #2HT 5-10HS Neuse Baptist Christian School (NC)

Aquira DeCosta, W, POS RANK W #1HT 6-2HS Saint Mary's H.S. (CA)

Honesty Scott-Grayson, PG, POS RANK PG #3HT 5-10HS Paul VI H.S. (VA)

Jazmine Massengill, PG, POS RANK PG #7HT 6-0HS Hamilton Heights Christian Academy (TN)

Amira Collins, P, POS RANK P #5HT 6-3HS Paul VI H.S. (VA)

Amaya Brown, PG, POS RANK PG #8HT 5-9HS Cibola H.S. (NM)

"The Journey to the Tourney has five of the state’s top six uncommitted players in the 2018 class, including Lakota West guard/forward Abby Prohaska.

Prohaska, who played on the USA Basketball Women’s Under-17 team this summer, is considering the likes of Notre Dame, Florida, Iowa, Tennessee, Stanford, Florida State, Indiana, UCLA and Vanderbilt."

https://post%20original%20url/9KPoeTWTW2

http://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/lakota-west-to-host-prestigious-journey-to-the-tourney-event-this-weekend …
https://post%20original%20url/9KPoeTWTW2

Last edited:
I'm aware of Brunelle, and am aware that Tennessee is recruiting her. But, I have tried to keep the list to recruits where there is confirmed interest on both sides. Sam Brunelle and her family have been very quiet about her interests, so far, and I haven't found any indication of which schools she is considering.

If you can confirm that Tennessee is a school of interest, I'll be happy to add her.

Jim

If Tennessee is recruiting her and she has not given any clue where she might be interested, I think it would be inaccurate not to include her in the listing.

"The Journey to the Tourney has five of the state’s top six uncommitted players in the 2018 class, including Lakota West guard/forward Abby Prohaska.

Prohaska, who played on the USA Basketball Women’s Under-17 team this summer, is considering the likes of Notre Dame, Florida, Iowa, Tennessee, Stanford, Florida State, Indiana, UCLA and Vanderbilt."

https://post original url/9KPoeTWTW2

Lakota West to host prestigious Journey to the Tourney event this weekend - Insider - Story …
https://post original url/9KPoeTWTW2

Love her game, Prohaska is one of my favorites, from that class.

thanks for starting this thread

When Holly was giving accolades to her staff she recognized the early importance of - defining the needs and the players to focus to fulfill the needs. I am impressed, but no longer amazed, at the breadth of insight the above boarders have on recruiting.

Having had a great 2016 class which translates for 2017 to recruits to be both a possible return to top rungs of the basketball world and less opportunity to BE THE STAR as a freshman ). I would speculate more early commitments for the LVs in 2017 but not before the players under consideration have completed their junior high school basketball year.

again thanks

Collier chooses UConn.

Congrats to her. The 2018 class is so loaded that as long as we get our share I'm OK. Dixon, Collins and Ododa-Nelson are very good bigs also. After the class Reeves help reel in, I'm excited about the 2018 class also.

Reactions: 1 person
This class is narrowing and announcing faster than any of the past classes. Seems like we'll know who's going where by the end of this season.

WOW, just thinking out loud, someone better beat UCONN this yr.!!!, because they will be loaded the next 2-3 yrs!!! Dangerfield, Collier, Nurse, Williams, and Samuelson. Then you add transfers Stevens and Camara to the 2017 class of Walker, Coombs, Gordon, and Hunter, then add Collier in 2018, this is just not fair. What makes them really scary good, is that they will be coached up by the best coach in the girls game today, in Geno period!!! To combat this, TN has Green, Nared. Dunbar. Middleton, Cooper, Westbrook, Jackson, Davis, Hayes and K.K. If we add Diamond and Mercedes to the mix (they might enter the draft) then we add must gets from 2018, Ododa, Dixon and DeCosta let the Wars for supremacy begin between two bitter rivals, the ratings for women's college basketball would skyrocket again, if the two universities would put aside their petty differences and schedule a home and away series again, that rivals NO other period!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Even so, Connecticut and the rest will have to schedule their championships around Rellah Boothe and Texas....😉

Reactions: 1 person
UConn will always have the edge because they have the best coach. I feel bad for Notre Dame going to 5 straight Final Fours without a NC. Now UConn is really separating themselves from ND as far as talent wise. I for one thought Megan Walker or Evina Westbrook was headed to ND. Notre Dame can load up in the 2018 class. Tennessee will the talent, but will the coaching be up to par? If we sign a top 3 class for 2018 there are no excuses. We will be loaded from top to bottom.

Reactions: 2 people
WOW, just thinking out loud, someone better beat UCONN this yr.!!!, because they will be loaded the next 2-3 yrs!!! Dangerfield, Collier, Nurse, Williams, and Samuelson. Then you add transfers Stevens and Camara to the 2017 class of Walker, Coombs, Gordon, and Hunter, then add Collier in 2018, this is just not fair. What makes them really scary good, is that they will be coached up by the best coach in the girls game today, in Geno period!!! To combat this, TN has Green, Nared. Dunbar. Middleton, Cooper, Westbrook, Jackson, Davis, Hayes and K.K. If we add Diamond and Mercedes to the mix (they might enter the draft) then we add must gets from 2018, Ododa, Dixon and DeCosta let the Wars for supremacy begin between two bitter rivals, the ratings for women's college basketball would skyrocket again, if the two universities would put aside their petty differences and schedule a home and away series again, that rivals NO other period!!!

Correct me if I am wrong but Nurse and Williams will both be gone when Collier arrives as they will be Seniors while Collier is a Senior in High School. They will still be loaded though, I cant wait to hear our first verbal commit for 2018

Correct me if I am wrong but Nurse and Williams will both be gone when Collier arrives as they will be Seniors while Collier is a Senior in High School. They will still be loaded though, I cant wait to hear our first verbal commit for 2018

I think he means Napheesa, not Charli.

VN Store

Back