Lady Vols Hoop REport 10/4

PHS, in her first four season didn't even go to three elites 8, and Holly just started coaching, so that means her formula or process are very close, and if wasn't for injuries, imagine, could be two finals 4 in her first four season, wow, I am excited, but I will stay tuned to see if she figures it out. Pat you made the right decision baby.

I back Pat, so if she chose Holly over all the others, then I roll with Holly. So far Pat, you made a great choice, the program is in good hands, Holly is a Lady Vols, helped build this program brick by brick, there is no greater ambassador, fux her name is in the rafter.

Well she is better than the other 349 (8) women's basketball coaches in WCBB. Ijs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
The Lady Vols, scores a basket, that suck they should have shot a three. lol comedy.

The Lady Vols beat Albany 10, oh Texas beat them 30, so therefore TExas is beter than the Lady Vols. lol Comedy.

No other coach has taken their team in the first four season to 3 Elite 8s, but Leon Barmore, sorry not good enough, we are better we have a team of All Americans. Comedy. Like other teams don't, like all High School All Americans turn in College All Americans. Sorry to tell u, it doesn't work that way. comedy lol

Wuteva. Lady Vols Hoop Report, HOlly dont do another one til the start of the season, now that would be comedy. lol

Reactions: 3 people
Holly, I was joking. lol Lady Vols, I was joking. When does the media guide comes out?

Once again, no credit is given unless it serves yo hate of Holly's banter.

Aylssa Thomas was the best player on the court, and without Izzy, really you believe that the Lady Vols were the better team. And Louisville executed Walz game plan to a T. smh wuteva comedy. Lady Vols hater shades are on.

Well you believe Holly isn't a good coach, so I can see you believing that, and that best player on the court against Syracuse, their lead guard, Alexis Petersen, Named to the All-Sioux Falls Regional Team and Sioux Falls Regional Most Outstanding Player, see if only truthful if he or she says, it. wuteva. lol comedy.

Dont' cheer for the Lady Vols but can u please sit the fux down. Geesh, its like everyone in the seating area is throwing popcorn on you haters. We call them Lady Vols Fans Hate Squad.

Lady Vols 2016-2017. A new Team.
And Holly is our coach! :rock:

It seems to me the sole purpose of this person's (Amb's) posts are to bash Holly. I think I may have to hit the button.

Reactions: 4 people
I do, I mean if they can't see, that we have a good coach, and they are always speaking negatively, that's a reflection of their own personal lives, and I for one wants no parts of it.

Holly is a Lady Vol, Holly is a hard worker, she is smart, and she gets it, she helped define what it means to be a Lady Vol.

Last year T-Vols, it was crazy, but for the first time in a long time entering a season, no one is hurt, or coming back off injury and they bashing the team and players before the Lady Vols have played a game. It's like they are practicing their hatred lines now. lol And when u look at certain posters, their spewing the same hatred ova, and over again.

Ain't nobody got time for dat.

It seems to me the sole purpose of this person's (Amb's) posts are to bash Holly. I think I may have to hit the button.

Feel free to mute me. I plan on doing the same to you as I see that you are bringing nothing of substantive value to this board anyway.

Reactions: 1 person
I do, I mean if they can't see, that we have a good coach, and they are always speaking negatively, that's a reflection of their own personal lives, and I for one wants no parts of it.

Holly is a Lady Vol, Holly is a hard worker, she is smart, and she gets it, she helped define what it means to be a Lady Vol.

Last year T-Vols, it was crazy, but for the first time in a long time entering a season, no one is hurt, or coming back off injury and they bashing the team and players before the Lady Vols have played a game. It's like they are practicing their hatred lines now. lol And when u look at certain posters, their spewing the same hatred ova, and over again.

You sir or lady are absolutely blind to the facts or do not recognize what a good coach does or doesn't do.Certainly you have orange colored glasses on when it comes to Holly Warlick.That does not make you a good or bad fan of the Lady Vols just as those critical of her does not make them a good or bad fan of the Lady Vols.To say otherwise is ludicrous.

Reactions: 6 people

My thoughts exactly, P4L. It's the same thing over and over - and I sure ain't got time for somebody bashing people because they are seeing the positive and being optimistic!

I agree - it's a reflection of themselves and for some apparent personal hatred of Holly...and she does not deserve that. Holly's a good gal.

GLV! 🍊🏀

Feel free to mute me. I plan on doing the same to you as I see that you are bringing nothing of substantive value to this board anyway.

I have the power to bring more than I've chosen to thus far - just know that.

Your posts have no substantive value - just spewing hatred.

Well the feedback from over the summer was nice, even the former players were excited, usually dey are pissed off from the lack of work in the summer by past players, but the ones I talked to were excited.

Note: If a player don't improve from a Freshman to Senior year, they are 50% to 100% to blame. And the play on the court tells you if a player is getting in the gym on their own.

Most of the growth of players, usually happens on their own. Coaches aren't there through the stairs, the pickup ball, the gettin in the gym 8 hours a day working on yo shot, and working out... only the players can do that.

Diamond, took them to her basketball bootcamp, I heard and really helped changed the off season workouts, and players commitment to working on their game, now some player just ain't gon get better, smh.

Now, a coach have to motivate them to want too, but for most of the past lady vols, a social life has been more important than being a Lady Vols basketball player. And it happens, all yo time is consume and the last thing u want to do is work out. I get it, but for those so called All American, if you don't put in the work, yo game remains the same.

Holly is building her program, and I for one is happy with the progress, 9 players and all. WE shall be a competitive team, a top 10 team.

Starters will play heavy minutes, Reynolds, Nared, Russell and Diamond, just need serviceable minutes 50 minutes divided by 3 players or 2.

Holly's job as always is finding the five players that play good basketball together... Let's go Holly.

You heard wrong.

So, Diamond wasn't getting the players together this summer to work out. Jordan wasn't getting the players together to workout. Nared wasn't getting the players together to workout.

Yep, maybe I am, but hey the great thing about it, we shall see.

And anybody who ever saw the way Diamond works out, understand that comment. Ijs.

Last edited:
You sir or lady are absolutely blind to the facts or do not recognize what a good coach does or doesn't do.Certainly you have orange colored glasses on when it comes to Holly Warlick.That does not make you a good or bad fan of the Lady Vols just as those critical of her does not make them a good or bad fan of the Lady Vols.To say otherwise is ludicrous.

I am blind to negativity, especially when its ongoing. Ray charles to all the bs. Dianne Schuur to all the hatred.

My thoughts exactly, P4L. It's the same thing over and over - and I sure ain't got time for somebody bashing people because they are seeing the positive and being optimistic!

I agree - it's a reflection of themselves and for some apparent personal hatred of Holly...and she does not deserve that. Holly's a good gal.

GLV! 🍊🏀

Yes. like coaches were lining up to follow Pat, yeah, ignore and remove the negativity, so I can enjoy the message board. Yep my ignore list is getting long. lol

Then I can see only what those who have an optimistic view of the team, players and coaches, like every team and coach is perfect.

When going gets tough, the tough gets going...

I back Pat, and roll wit Holly.

Go Lady Vols. 2016 to 2017 a new team.

Last edited:
Well the feedback from over the summer was nice, even the former players were excited, usually dey are pissed off from the lack of work in the summer by past players, but the ones I talked to were excited.

(Who did you talk to?)

Note: If a player don't improve from a Freshman to Senior year, they are 50% to 100% to blame. And the play on the court tells you if a player is getting in the gym on their own.

Play on court is not as indicative of the off-season progression, as practice is. (Reason being: only in practice can you see multiple versions of the same action..e.g. 25 shots off the elbow)..... It is only with several reps that you can see consistency and therefore visible progress. ...Re improvement,,, Not on Coach Jumper's watch. I am 100% to blame if my girls don't get better. If it is the player who refuses to get better and they don't have the passion and work ethic to get as good as I can make em..,,. I Dont Want EM!

I want ballers. Gym rats. I want players who Want to play BB more than anything...Because I want us to have an equal intensity. I love to coach, more than anything

Most of the growth of players, usually happens on their own. Coaches aren't there through the stairs, the pickup ball, the gettin in the gym 8 hours a day working on yo shot, and working out... only the players can do that.

Growth happens under apprenticeship and instruction. . . ."Mechanical perfection" happens with reps and muscle memory. . . I've seen some players with poor or no, teaching, become very good at doing something very incorrectly by doing it incorrectly many times.

Diamond, took them to her basketball bootcamp, I heard and really helped changed the off season workouts, and players commitment to working on their game, now some player just ain't gon get better, smh.

DD is ready to lead by example. It will take another player to lead vocally. DD doesn't seem to do that.... Those girls are committed to working out. I know of two who looked for a summer coach and I know that there were several who were at the U and didn't have one to workout with.

Now, a coach have to motivate them to want too, but for most of the past lady vols, a social life has been more important than being a Lady Vols basketball player. And it happens, all yo time is consume and the last thing u want to do is work out. I get it, but for those so called All American, if you don't put in the work, yo game remains the same.

Pat Summit once said, " I will teach anything but passion"... I agree. They came here to get a degree and to play basketball for the benefit of a scholarship...They are part of one of the most important university programs ever in women's sports...If social life ((Right NOW!!!)) is more important to one of my players than this game, this team and this season, we wasted a scholarship.

If that isn't enough to inspire them, I feel sorry for them

Holly is building her program, and I for one is happy with the progress, 9 players and all. WE shall be a competitive team, a top 10 team.

is you?

Starters will play heavy minutes, Reynolds, Nared, Russell and Diamond, just need serviceable minutes 50 minutes divided by 3 players or 2.

Holly's job as always is finding the five players that play good basketball together... Let's go Holly.

Finally, we can agree on something.

With us not having a true point guard, opponents are going to try an exploit that weakness. Also, Jackson is the player of most interest to me - is she in shape and who is going to hit outside to loosen up the inside - Dunbar?

Ball movement, and players movement, and players getting to the rim, attacking the paint, softens any defense. ijs.

Wuteva. We have Reynolds. :)

Assuming that Deshields, Nared, Reynolds and Russell start, who would be the 5th. Nunn for her experience and toughness?

Point guard play and outside shooting are going to be a problem this year, I think. Reynolds is big and athletic--but she is not a prototypical point guard/playmaker. Who's going to make the good bounces inside to Russell? Who's going to make three pointers? I'm guessing Middleton and Jackson will split time, at least for a while. We're in bad shape at guard. I am surprised that Warlick hasn't brought in another guard--a transfer, a walk-on, somebody. This team has absolutely no depth--at all--and it's not just because of injuries; it's also because of our disastrous recruiting last year.

If I were Westbrook, I would think hard about Tennessee assuming that she does not stay in Oregon. She could probably start at UT next year. We really need a shooting guard for next year.

If Walker goes to UConn, she will probably pick ND.

Point guard play and outside shooting are going to be a problem this year, I think. Reynolds is big and athletic--but she is not a prototypical point guard/playmaker. Who's going to make the good bounces inside to Russell? Who's going to make three pointers? I'm guessing Middleton and Jackson will split time, at least for a while. We're in bad shape at guard. I am surprised that Warlick hasn't brought in another guard--a transfer, a walk-on, somebody. This team has absolutely no depth--at all--and it's not just because of injuries; it's also because of our disastrous recruiting last year.

A couple of thoughts:

- There's been a lot of preseason talk about improved team chemistry, but how will that translate on court? Reynolds is more than capable of pushing the ball up the court and I think Diamond has superb court vision. Diamond had plenty of unforced turnovers last year but there also seemed to be moments when she'd make an excellent pass and her teammates weren't ready for it. Diamond is going to draw a ton of attention from opposing defenses this year so she has to be smarter about making the right play and her teammates have to be ready for it.
- Middleton is going to have to spend time at the point. She's shown flashes of being capable of getting the ball inside and making nifty plays but we haven't really seen her do it consistently, even within a single game. A lot of our success may depend on her growth as a passer (and consistent 3 point shooter, and defender...).

VN Store

Back