Lady Vols Hoop REport 10/4

Well the feedback from over the summer was nice, even the former players were excited, usually dey are pissed off from the lack of work in the summer by past players, but the ones I talked to were excited.

Note: If a player don't improve from a Freshman to Senior year, they are 50% to 100% to blame. And the play on the court tells you if a player is getting in the gym on their own.

Most of the growth of players, usually happens on their own. Coaches aren't there through the stairs, the pickup ball, the gettin in the gym 8 hours a day working on yo shot, and working out... only the players can do that.

Diamond, took them to her basketball bootcamp, I heard and really helped changed the off season workouts, and players commitment to working on their game, now some player just ain't gon get better, smh.

Now, a coach have to motivate them to want too, but for most of the past lady vols, a social life has been more important than being a Lady Vols basketball player. And it happens, all yo time is consume and the last thing u want to do is work out. I get it, but for those so called All American, if you don't put in the work, yo game remains the same.

Holly is building her program, and I for one is happy with the progress, 9 players and all. WE shall be a competitive team, a top 10 team.

Starters will play heavy minutes, Reynolds, Nared, Russell and Diamond, just need serviceable minutes 50 minutes divided by 3 players or 2.

Holly's job as always is finding the five players that play good basketball together... Let's go Holly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
We will find out if Middleton, Meme, Dunbar put in the work this summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
wow. how many bigs dominated her last year?

First year hobbled.

Last year, she improved.

I mean u can't blame her for her guards and wings inability to get her the ball.

Have you watched any of Lady Vol games ? Seems not with that question.She is just not physical under the basket any year including last year when she was fully healthy.She just does not like to play the low post ( does not like the contact there ) and that should be obvious to anyone who has watched her play.Gosh ,I hope that changes this year because the Lady Vols needs it to desperately happen to have a decent year.

Well the feedback from over the summer was nice, even the former players were excited, usually dey are pissed off from the lack of work in the summer by past players, but the ones I talked to were excited.

Note: If a player don't improve from a Freshman to Senior year, they are 50% to 100% to blame. And the play on the court tells you if a player is getting in the gym on their own.

Most of the growth of players, usually happens on their own. Coaches aren't there through the stairs, the pickup ball, the gettin in the gym 8 hours a day working on yo shot, and working out... only the players can do that.

Diamond, took them to her basketball bootcamp, I heard and really helped changed the off season workouts, and players commitment to working on their game, now some player just ain't gon get better, smh.

Now, a coach have to motivate them to want too, but for most of the past lady vols, a social life has been more important than being a Lady Vols basketball player. And it happens, all yo time is consume and the last thing u want to do is work out. I get it, but for those so called All American, if you don't put in the work, yo game remains the same.

Holly is building her program, and I for one is happy with the progress, 9 players and all. WE shall be a competitive team, a top 10 team.

Starters will play heavy minutes, Reynolds, Nared, Russell and Diamond, just need serviceable minutes 50 minutes divided by 3 players or 2.

Holly job as always if finding the five players that play good basketball together... Let's go Holly.

Being a Top 10 team remains to be seen.

Baylor, Texas, Notre Dame, Stanford, South Carolina , Miss State (twice) - Record won and lost against to satisfy

Texas A&M, Kentucky, Florida, Missouri Arkansas Record against this SEC tier to satisfy you as a fan?

The statement was made that this year's schedule was more difficult than xyz. Baylor on the schedule seems to be the major top 10 new team from last year.

Baylor, Texas, Notre Dame, Stanford, South Carolina , Miss State (twice) - Record won and lost against to satisfy

Texas A&M, Kentucky, Florida, Missouri Arkansas Record against this SEC tier to satisfy you as a fan?

The statement was made that this year's schedule was more difficult than xyz. Baylor on the schedule seems to be the major top 10 new team from last year.

5-2 ... or 6-1 I don't see this team losing more than four to five games (2 non conference, 2 to 3 conference) this year.

Missouri, FL, Miss State, Tenn, SC is the class of the SEC... maybe two surprise teams.

I like our matchup in all those games, but SC, but dey have no depth at the guard spot too, starters will be playing heavy minutes too for all those teams. None of the teams we play above have depth but Texas, and Baylor at the 5 spot. Notre guard spot is young.

So, to me its our starting five potential vs their starting five potential. Sorry, I like our team.

My expectations are high, yes, but will I bash the team or the coach, if they lose, no not if they played hard and just got beat by a better team or a player clearly haven't worked on their game, and you'll know by their performance.

And hopefully we don't have players taking games off, hopefully other players step up, sometimes you are there in body, but the head, the mind is......gone. How many of us go to work and take days off at work, it happens?

But I do think every game will be competitive and we will have a winning record against the top 10 or at least be even for the first time in a long time. Here's to the breakthrough Lady Vols, you have the talent, now do you have the will and fight, to be Wonder Woman, a Lady Vols basketball player.

Syracuse people was like that's not a hard team, our schedule was weak, they went to play in the Championship game. So before you say those are the only four teams, we have a very nice challenging OCC schedule which should prepare out team for no plays off.

And losing all those games last year, made the payback list long, so if your not hungry for that... jeez transfer! ijs

Last edited:
5-2 ... or 6-1 I don't see this team losing more than four to five games (2 non conference, 2 to 3 conference) this year.

Missouri, FL, Miss State, Tenn, SC is the class of the SEC... maybe two surprise teams

Just a note on Missouri, Jordan Frericks, last year's 2nd leading scorer and leading rebounder, is now out for the year with an injury. I'd say that's a significant blow to their hopes of a top 3-4 SEC finish.

You are never going to learn anything specific from a Warlick press conference--that should be clear by now. She specializes in vague generalities: "I like our leadership," "we're working hard," "to shoot better you have to get in the gym and shoot"(!). Never anything specific. It is a way to fill time, mostly.

she sounds like Bill Belichek (sp?) without the mean attitude. you learn nuthin from his pc's

Just a note on Missouri, Jordan Frericks, last year's 2nd leading scorer and leading rebounder, is now out for the year with an injury. I'd say that's a significant blow to their hopes of a top 3-4 SEC finish.

Yeah huge blow.

You are never going to learn anything specific from a Warlick press conference--that should be clear by now. She specializes in vague generalities: "I like our leadership," "we're working hard," "to shoot better you have to get in the gym and shoot"(!). Never anything specific. It is a way to fill time, mostly.

Fortunately or unfortunately vague generalities are all that she is capable of giving.How anyone could get warm and fuzzy feelings about the team from her presser is beyond comprehension....or simply imbibing too much orange Koolade laced with something very,very strong.

I thought she looked relax and yes in order to be a better shooter you have to get in the gym and shoot . That's basketball 101 .Also, she is not going to break down the game plan on a press conference ppl think . If you watch it so do other ppl.

Reactions: 3 people
Fortunately or unfortunately vague generalities are all that she is capable of giving.How anyone could get warm and fuzzy feelings about the team from her presser is beyond comprehension....or simply imbibing too much orange Koolade laced with something very,very strong
I don't know where you get off saying those of us who were encouraged by it were drunk. (That's what you implied.) Nothing she ever says or does will be good enough for you and a couple of others on here.

Reactions: 3 people
And, frankly, I'd like to hear about a pre-season press conference from any coach that contained something other than vague generalities. And I'm not talking about a coach who includes, in a pre-season press conference, information about injuries to members of the team that are going to affect their ability to play/contribute.

I understand that there are a number of fans who feel Holly is the wrong person for the job (I was among that number for a time last season), but at least attack her for something with a little substance. To do otherwise just makes you look bad.

Jim

Reactions: 6 people
And, frankly, I'd like to hear about a pre-season press conference from any coach that contained something other than vague generalities. And I'm not talking about a coach who includes, in a pre-season press conference, information about injuries to members of the team that are going to affect their ability to play/contribute.

I understand that there are a number of fans who feel Holly is the wrong person for the job (I was among that number for a time last season), but at least attack her for something with a little substance. To do otherwise just makes you look bad.

Jim

There are a few on here that it seems to me the sole purpose of every one of their posts is to bash Holly. They will not let anything positive be said about her without almost immediately coming back with a Holly bashing post. If they have their opinion, that's their business, but don't belittle me if I see the positive - the nerve!

VN Store

Back