Lady Vols Hoop REport 10/4

There are a few on here that it seems to me the sole purpose of every one of their posts is to bash Holly. They will not let anything positive be said about her without almost immediately coming back with a Holly bashing post. If they have their opinion, that's their business, but don't belittle me if I see the positive - the nerve!

It is playing out to be a very interesting year...Holly was given a decided advantage in starting out with a gig like coaching at UT...She did apprentice under a legend, so she should have been given a nod.

It's just,
This year the race car needs to perform like a race car...Not a pace car.

I don't bash CHW, but I don't kiss up to her either.
She is a coach,
I am a coach...
I look at it like, if I were given that oppty, what do I think to be a likely goal for this level of team, in this level of competition..

I like what I see early. A much further along, maturity across the board. The team is actually good with maturity. They were dedicated in this off season.

This team is ready to turn the curve early.
They're top ten.
No doubt. Maybe top five.
But they have to perform.
And for them to perform, they have to be directed.

Even with this so called, "depleted" roster...Every team I ever had that had 10-13 who showed up consistently, would have given their eye teeth to be on a team of nine. AAU coaches HAVE to carry 10-13 because they always have one or more out. . . My first exposure team here in Knoxville was nine players. . . But they were nine that never missed a game.! They loved it. They got tons of PT and more intensive practices and coaching in less time. (UT will be playing against one of them this season).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Fortunately or unfortunately vague generalities are all that she is capable of giving.How anyone could get warm and fuzzy feelings about the team from her presser is beyond comprehension....or simply imbibing too much orange Koolade laced with something very,very strong
I don't know where you get off saying those of us who were encouraged by it were drunk. (That's what you implied.) Nothing she ever says or does will be good enough for you and a couple of others on here.

When she does something positive ,I will salute her and give her some great plaudits.....please let me know when that happens.

I'm positive that her 1st answer to the 1st question will be " I don't know."

It is playing out to be a very interesting year...Holly was given a decided advantage in starting out with a gig like coaching at UT...She did apprentice under a legend, so she should have been given a nod.

It's just,
This year the race car needs to perform like a race car...Not a pace car.

I don't bash CHW, but I don't kiss up to her either.
She is a coach,
I am a coach...
I look at it like, if I were given that oppty, what do I think to be a likely goal for this level of team, in this level of competition..

I like what I see early. A much further along, maturity across the board. The team is actually good with maturity. They were dedicated in this off season.

This team is ready to turn the curve early.
They're top ten.
No doubt. Maybe top five.
But they have to perform.
And for them to perform, they have to be directed.

Even with this so called, "depleted" roster...Every team I ever had that had 10-13 who showed up consistently, would have given their eye teeth to be on a team of nine. AAU coaches HAVE to carry 10-13 because they always have one or more out. . . My first exposure team here in Knoxville was nine players. . . But they were nine that never missed a game.! They loved it. They got tons of PT and more intensive practices and coaching in less time. (UT will be playing against one of them this season).

Coach Jumper, I wasn't talking about you - your posts are insightful and you speak with an obvious knowledge of basketball and it's clear you want the team to do well. Some of the posts I'm talking about seem personal in nature toward HW to me. They can't even stand for people to be encouraged by the presser and practice videos.

Thanks for post. I was wondering myself if being a team of nine might be to their benefit this year. I guess we shall see. GLV! 🍊🏀

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Fortunately or unfortunately vague generalities are all that she is capable of giving.How anyone could get warm and fuzzy feelings about the team from her presser is beyond comprehension....or simply imbibing too much orange Koolade laced with something very,very strong

When she does something positive ,I will salute her and give her some great plaudits.....please let me know when that happens.

Nothing will ever be good enough for you and you'll just say we all must be drunk if we think it is.

Reactions: 3 people
Coach Jumper, I wasn't talking about you - your posts are insightful and you speak with an obvious knowledge of basketball and it's clear you want the team to do well. Some of the posts I'm talking about seem personal in nature toward HW to me. They can't even stand for people to be encouraged by the presser and practice videos.

Thanks for post. I was wondering myself if being a team of nine might be to their benefit this year. I guess we shall see. GLV! 🍊🏀

Yes, well all we got mentality. Now we get to see if our players get it or if they don't.

Jumper is a hata, he's been bashing Holly and team for a year, and as a coach he shud know better. wuteva.

Yes, well all we got mentality. Now we get to see if our players get it or if they don't.

Jumper is a hata, he's been bashing Holly and team for a year, and as a coach he shud know better. wuteva.

Not a hata,
nor am I a "hater"

I simply want this program to be better than anyone else's.

Right now, that falls on Holly.
I want Holly to succeed....If she succeeds,, it is in direct correlation to the players success.

I tend to rub people the wrong way initially.
But, as I tell my players,

"First thing I want you to do when you walk out on the floor is jokingly, but firmly, shove your assignment. . . Let em know you're there and you intend on bothering them for the rest of the day....You can make friends when you're done..."

I guess I do that too.

This is gonna be an interesting year 376.
Indeed.
These girls are psyched.
Ready.

Ohhhh. Didn't know since I'm fairly new. I'll be watching! 😉

I tend to rub people the wrong way initially.
But, as I tell my players,

"First thing I want you to do when you walk out on the floor is jokingly, but firmly, shove your assignment. . . Let em know you're there and you intend on bothering them for the rest of the day....You can make friends when you're done..."

I guess I do that too.

This is gonna be an interesting year 376.
Indeed.
These girls are psyched.
Ready.

They are psyched and the chemistry between them is good on and off the court,as I understand it.

I hope it's a banner year for them! GLV!

P4L is the most devoted HW fan on this site...Consider this as well 376.

I see. Well, I'm glad HW has some fans on here! I just don't like to see posts that to me, seem personal in nature. It pisses me off to see people basically attacked for posting anything positive about her.

There have been positive changes in the program. I believe there has been a shift in the dynamic, I know the chemistry between the team is good. I know they believe in Holly.

I hope all this translates on the court and a stellar season for the Lady Vols! 🍊🏀

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Nope one of the most devoted Lady Vols fans on the site, Holly is just the coach, so naturally, I have her back, no coach has had a better start to their coaching career, but Hall of Famer Leon Barmore.

First, she didn't know how to coach offense, cos her players didn't put the work in over last summer. Then, it was fired, fired, fired, fired, fired, fired, fired, I felt bad for the Lady Vols last year, cos they were not able to lean on the fans for any support, just fire Holly, she can't coach.

I back Pat and roll with HOLLY! She has been coaching her ass off the past four years, dealing with injuries and still getting her team to play for her. Holly, I'm enjoyin yo progress as a coach. Raise the bar to EXCELLENCE, don't let anything slide.

These are the same people bitc** about how she talks durin an interview, wuteva!

Please don't quote his posts. I have him on ignore. lol

Last edited:
Nope one of the most devoted Lady Vols fans on the site, Holly is just the coach, so naturally, I have her back, no coach has had a better start to their coaching career, but Hall of Famer Leon Barmore.

First, she didn't know how to coach offense, cos her players didn't put the work in over last summer. Then, it was fired, fired, fired, fired, fired, fired, fired, I felt bad for the Lady Vols last year, cos they were not able to lean on the fans for any support, just fire Holly, she can't coach.

I back Pat and roll with HOLLY! She has been coaching her ass off the past four years, dealing with injuries and still getting her team to play for her. Holly, I'm enjoyin yo progress as a coach. Raise the bar to EXCELLENCE, don't let anything slide.

These are the same people bitc** about how she talks durin an interview, wuteva!

Please don't quote his posts. I have him on ignore. lol

Yeah the *****ing about how she talks during an interview...wow. That's when I knew that to some of these folks she can't do anything right! I don't know if HW reads any of this crap (I hope not!) but I do know know she is nothing like in her pressers in real life. She is engaging, kind, warm, and very down to earth. Who wouldn't be nervous with every word you say and every move you make criticized?

Sorry about the quotes, P4L - and just so you know (I think it's obvious), I roll with Holly too!

GLV!!! 🍊🏀

Last edited:
Fans can and should support Warlick, because she is the Vol coach. But make no mistake: She is--at best--a very mediocre coach, and it is very likely that we will not get back to the top until we find a new coach and staff equal to our tradition of excellence. Until that happens, we'll remain in this lengthy--too lengthy--transition phase.

You don't reach the elite eight being a medicore coach .. muffed just hit the national scene .. does holly warlick need to learn every. Coach can get better . I think holly was not comfortable in her role just yet she went from being there friend to having to balance it out and be demanding on and off the court. But you don't sneak up on elite eights. It's funny Baylor only got to the elite eight last year and ppl are not saying anything when being honest they should have beat Oregon state

Fans can and should support Warlick, because she is the Vol coach. But make no mistake: She is--at best--a very mediocre coach, and it is very likely that we will not get back to the top until we find a new coach and staff equal to our tradition of excellence. Until that happens, we'll remain in this lengthy--too lengthy--transition phase.

Yes indeed .....factual.

The Litmus test is a simple question..."If Geno, Tara, Gail, Kim, or one of that caliber had inherited the Lady Vol org, would we expect elite eights out of them too?"

If EE's is what we would accept out of them, then NP.

... "Performance will shut them up"
EE is not performing for a UT Lady Vol team.
FF is minimal.
Anything else is falling short.
We either adopt that standard or end up falling like Duke, Texas and others who lost great coaches...They're not top four programs anymore, either.

Last edited:
You don't reach the elite eight being a medicore coach .

You are when you were the favored team to win each game and had the more talented roster.

The Maryland loss 2 seasons ago was the one where Maryland, on paper, was the better team. They had the advantage in the post, but Tennessee's two starting guards were so incredibly bad during the tournament that Burdick had to practically carry the team all tournament long, and she was spent by the time they faced off against Maryland. They should have beaten Louisville and Syracuse to reach the FF in the other seasons, and they should have beaten Maryland in the S16 in Thomas' senior year.

In most seasons, the S16 is the only game Tennessee has to play outside of TBA. Frankly, not a huge achievement to reach the E8 for a team with that advantage and the stockpile of AAs Tennessee has every season.

Holly has yet to prove that she is a top tier coach that can usually "out-talent" inferior opponents and will most certainly lose to teams with equal talents. Maybe she turns it around this year. We'll see what she does.

You are when you were the favored team to win each game and had the more talented roster.

The Maryland loss 2 seasons ago was the one where Maryland, on paper, was the better team. They had the advantage in the post, but Tennessee's two starting guards were so incredibly bad during the tournament that Burdick had to practically carry the team all tournament long, and she was spent by the time they faced off against Maryland. They should have beaten Louisville and Syracuse to reach the FF in the other seasons, and they should have beaten Maryland in the S16 in Thomas' senior year.

In most seasons, the S16 is the only game Tennessee has to play outside of TBA. Frankly, not a huge achievement to reach the E8 for a team with that advantage and the stockpile of AAs Tennessee has every season.

Holly has yet to prove that she is a top tier coach that can usually "out-talent" inferior opponents and will most certainly lose to teams with equal talents. Maybe she turns it around this year. We'll see what she does.

Well stated and I would hasten to add that during those years there has been no evidence of player development of the 4 /5 star players on the team....fact is there has been regression in most player development.

Are you referring to the same Syracuse team the beat South Carolina they were clearly no slouch and beating Louisville as her first season come on . And Maryland became so much better than us once Harrison went down. The sweet 16game against Maryland they had the best player on the floor no questions

Are you referring to the same Syracuse team the beat South Carolina they were clearly no slouch and beating Louisville as her first season come on . And Maryland became so much better than us once Harrison went down. The sweet 16game against Maryland they had the best player on the floor no questions

Yes, that Syracuse team. Because they took South Carolina by surprise. Same as Louisville did to Baylor a few years back. There was no element of surprise by the time both teams played Tennessee. And at that point, they should have risen to the challenge and not let either team score a second upset. Holly failed as a coach by not getting her team to seize the moment.

And while Thomas was the best player on the court the year that Maryland beat Tennessee to reach the E8, Diamond was the best player on the floor no question when Syracuse beat Tennessee last year, so that's a moot point.

As I said in my previous post, Holly has proven that she can take her roster full of AAs and win most of the games when her team has more talent, and lose every game where the Tennessee level is about the same or below par. That's not much to be proud of. If people want to say she's a great coach...that's your prerogative. But don't expect everyone to be her cheerleader until she does something worth cheering.

Last edited:
Yes, that Syracuse team. Because they took South Carolina by surprise. Same as Louisville did to Baylor a few years back. There was no element of surprise by the time both teams played Tennessee. And at that point, they should have risen to the challenge and not let either team score a second upset. Holly failed as a coach by not getting her team to seize the moment.

And while Thomas was the best player on the court the year that Maryland beat Tennessee to reach the E8, Diamond was the best player on the floor no question when Syracuse beat Tennessee last year, so that's a moot point.

As I said in my previous post, Holly has proven that she can take her roster full of AAs and win most of the games when her team has more talent, and lose every game where the Tennessee level is about the same or below par. That's not much to be proud of. If people want to say she's a great coach...that's your prerogative. But don't expect everyone to be her cheerleader until she does something worth cheering.

Once again, no credit is given unless it serves yo hate of Holly's banter.

Aylssa Thomas was the best player on the court, and without Izzy, really you believe that the Lady Vols were the better team. And Louisville executed Walz game plan to a T. smh wuteva comedy. Lady Vols hater shades are on.

Well you believe Holly isn't a good coach, so I can see you believing that, and that best player on the court against Syracuse, their lead guard, Alexis Petersen, Named to the All-Sioux Falls Regional Team and Sioux Falls Regional Most Outstanding Player, see if only truthful if he or she says, it. wuteva. lol comedy.

Dont' cheer for the Lady Vols but can u please sit the fux down. Geesh, its like everyone in the seating area is throwing popcorn on you haters. We call them Lady Vols Fans Hate Squad.

Lady Vols 2016-2017. A new Team.
And Holly is our coach! :rock:

Last edited:

:) Nice post!

Hi Lady Vols fan.

The only Lady Vols vision they see is through the lens of their hatred for Holly being the head coach, they keep saying all those All Americans, their are All Americans, on Stanford team, Notre Damen team, Duke Team, Texas team, Baylors Team, UCLA Team, OSU Team, Maryland' team, I mean each has a roster full of All Americans but how many of them has won a championship? hmmm since we last won a Championship...hmmm I wait? comedy!

Comedy, like the game has really past the Lady Vols by... he or she with little faith in the direction of the program, truly can't call themselves a Lady Vols fan.

Aye, Well call them Vols fans, cos they certainly ain't no Lady Vols fans, 3 elite 8 in her first four season, wow, honestly that blows my mind. :)

Last edited:
You don't reach the elite eight being a medicore coach .. muffed just hit the national scene .. does holly warlick need to learn every. Coach can get better . I think holly was not comfortable in her role just yet she went from being there friend to having to balance it out and be demanding on and off the court. But you don't sneak up on elite eights. It's funny Baylor only got to the elite eight last year and ppl are not saying anything when being honest they should have beat Oregon state

Great Post.

VN Store

Back