Lady Vols Game Thread vs Louisville NCAA Tournament

They don't have the experience for Mercedes they will be very physical with her but it's up to the guards to score

Was Dayton face guarding Alexa because she rarely touched the ball. Not recalling a single 3 pt shot. Seems like only a couple of drives. One miss/blocked, one foul?

Haven't checked the box score, but I don't understand the logic. Isn't Alexa the best % shooter other than big 3?

LVs gonna have to step it up bigtime. Another game with only 8 points from Nared, 3 points from Reynolds and 1 point from Middleton won't get them to the S16. DD, Nunn and MR carried the team today.

LVs need Nared to stay out of foul trouble and get her confidence back. She only played 23 minutes today and hit only two FGs.

LVs gonna have to step it up bigtime. Another game with only 8 points from Nared, 3 points from Reynolds and 1 point from Middleton won't get them to the S16. DD, Nunn and MR carried the team today.

LVs need Nared to stay out of foul trouble and get her confidence back. She only played 23 minutes today and hit only two FGs.

The Ladies need all hands on deck. Russell proved last game she can play defense after getting abused and misused by Dayton's post in the first half. She cannot play lazy and take any time off. Diamond will warrent Louisville's best defensive players, therefore, Nared must use her head on both ends of the court and cut out the stupid fouls. Middleton needs to heat up again and make some shots, since Louisville will be concerned about our big 3. Reynolds must play smart ball at the point. She will need to make smarter decisions as when and how to pass and when to take the jumpers when they are opened. Louisville is physical so we will have to play tough, if not we will get abused.

We can beat Louisville if we come in with the same attitude and mentality we had against ND, USC, Stanford and the last game against MSU.

Last edited:
Was Dayton face guarding Alexa because she rarely touched the ball. Not recalling a single 3 pt shot. Seems like only a couple of drives. One miss/blocked, one foul?

Haven't checked the box score, but I don't understand the logic. Isn't Alexa the best % shooter other than big 3?

She played 23 minutes, but only attempted two FGs. AM, JR and JN seemed to be tentative shooters against Dayton.

Louisville had 28 assists on 36 made field goals and just 12 TOs in R1. We'll need everybody to take smart shots and play with discipline to beat them.

Middleton should be our spot-up three point shooter, and we're going to need to start making some threes.

Reactions: 2 people
On Sunday, Louisville coach Jeff Walz expressed trepidation at having to face Diamond, commenting, "I'm hoping she thinks the game starts at 9:30 p.m.."

Time to shine, Diamond!

I actually think this is a very winnable game for them. Considering they didn't play great last game they will likely play much better tonight. They seem to care more vs ranked teams so I think that trend continues. They have beaten a couple of teams that are much better than Louisville already this season. Could be a foul fest though. MR better not let Hines-Allen get going. Guard play could cancel each other out if Diamond & Durr are both on or off so.... the "others" whomever that might be needs to show up for both teams.

Alexa is fine, she and JR were both focused on protecting the ball and distributing it.

DD is and should be, the focus of this offense for the duration of this tourney. As is MR and JN.

Not sure what has JN down. Her energy and effort is fully there, but her proficiency and confidence is definitely down. I think she heeds the "Jollette dinner" talk.

Reactions: 2 people
AM might be fine, but she really needs to score for our team to win vs top caliber competition. (Well, it can be anyone other than The Big 3. AM is just the best option, imo.)

Good thing Nunn was on fire. JR was 1-6 & MJ was 1-4 (and that was a wide open layup).

Fouls hurt JN, but she was off before & after that. Seemed to be in better rhythm in 2nd half, but then the fouls returned.

Wish I was there. Work gets in the way of my fun. GLV

Alexa is fine, she and JR were both focused on protecting the ball and distributing it.

DD is and should be, the focus of this offense for the duration of this tourney. As is MR and JN.

Not sure what has JN down. Her energy and effort is fully there, but her proficiency and confidence is definitely down. I think she heeds the "Jollette dinner" talk.

If anyone remembers the first 5 minutes of the Auburn -TN game, I thought that I was watching UCONN run their offense. They were making crisp passes with very few dribbles and built a lead, then the rest is history.

Louisville is expecting us to start the game by pounding the ball in to MR. I would like to see Tennessee start AM and try to free her for a few outside shots just to open up the middle.

If you have Direct TV looks like 791 @ at 5:30 for live broadcast! I will tape and watch if we win! I am afraid I will break the television! And besides the dog can come out from under the bed because I was screaming so loud at the refs and the bone headed plays!!! 👺

We'll probably need 75 to 80 points to win Louisville can score. I don't know if we have the type defense this season to stop their guards from driving to the basket. Watch the Middleton matchup sure they will try to exploit her with the dribble drive.

VN Store

Back