Lady Vols Game Thread vs Louisville NCAA Tournament

Where have you seen quotes from DD after the Louisville game? I haven't seen any. Please share where you saw these quotes.

When asked if she was going to the WNBA after the Louisville game, she said that she wasn't even thinking about that right now and that she was focusing on her teammates. Before the game when Mercedes was asked the same thing, she said it was something that she definitely has to think about.

Given that neither of them said that the were conclusively coming back, it seems that they are still considering their options. My hunch is that DD is as good as gone. MR may stay another year, but I think there's a strong possibility that she leaves as well.

Where have you seen quotes from DD after the Louisville game? I haven't seen any. Please share where you saw these quotes.

It was a postgame interview with DD in the locker room. She said they got the looks they needed, but didn't take advantage of opportunities. She said they missed layups and weren't going after second chances.

She also said they played lazy and had no leadership this year. She said it had gotten old. She said the vets, the upperclassmen, needed to step up next year. Then she said it was up to the people in "this room."

Clearly, the season was a disappointment to her and she seemed very despondent. I don't remember who aired it. I'll see if I can find a clip online and post a link.

From the look I saw on Tisha's face during the game...I'd be considering what we will look like without her in the mix, right now. . . .I think the only way to sway her and her family to another year, is to enact a significant change.

Even with those top recruits, if they don't understand "offensive-flow" it will be a duplicate of this year.[/QUOTE
Who is Tisha? Edit: never mind

Last edited:
Who is Tisha?

Diamonds mom...she didnt look pleased and was that cooper sitting next to her? I thought in one shot they showed of deshields mom, it looked like cooper sitting next to her. Which makes me wonder if it was her, why she wasnt on the bench

Who is Tisha?

DD's mom. I met her last year.
I Didn't get to meet her when DD was a Pistol.

She was face-timing the entire game.
What a great person, to do that for someone.
She spent the entire game with her arm out, videoing or face-timing (not sure which) the game.

Diamonds mom...she didnt look pleased and was that cooper sitting next to her? I thought in one shot they showed of deshields mom, it looked like cooper sitting next to her. Which makes me wonder if it was her, why she wasnt on the bench
Cooper wasn't on the bench because she was not eligible to play. Only eligible players travel. I didn't see what you and Jumper saw from Tish. Her expression was the same the whole time. I didn't see happy, sad, anger or disgust. You guys must be the next "Lie To Me" guy because you're seeing something normal people aren't seeing. To speculate on Diamond staying or going based off of what was shown on the TV of Tish is quite honestly, just silly. I'm not saying whether she stays or goes, but you can't draw any conclusions from what was shown on the TV.

Reactions: 2 people
Can they go back to college ball?

In the men's game, they can keep their college eligibility if they withdraw from the draft provided they don't hire an agent. But if they are entered in the draft on draft night, they cannot return to college. I presume the same rule is in effect for the women as well.

Cooper wasn't on the bench because she was not eligible to play. Only eligible players travel. I didn't see what you and Jumper saw from Tish. Her expression was the same the whole time. I didn't see happy, sad, anger or disgust. You guys must be the next "Lie To Me" guy because you're seeing something normal people aren't seeing. To speculate on Diamond staying or going based off of what was shown on the TV of Tish is quite honestly, just silly. I'm not saying whether she stays or goes, but you can't draw any conclusions from what was shown on the TV.

Uh ok, i never have once speculated whether diamond leaves or not..i have no clue, i hope she stays. We already know what papa deshields thinks of the coaching situation, but tish has kept quiet. I commend her for that..

Last edited:
Copper will be the fourth scorer and point gaurd we need with Westbrook helping her also the other guards will provide depth and quality depth we need but uconn will be just as loaded so it will be great to see how we match up our big three is still cedes diamond and nared and we have to go to them and freshman make open shots and coped average 12ppg at point and 4 assist with only 1 turnover a game then we will be solid

VN Store

Back