Lady Vol Practice Begins today.

Maybe DD was a bigger LV at heart then we all knew. We don't know what makes players do what they do but this was a pretty cool read from part of the article. I am placing it hear because this obviously made one of the integral parts on our team more comfortable coming to UT. Remember, WESTBROOK came late because her school graduated later than the other freshmen. We have seen freshman not show up on campus to other schools.

Here is part of the article....

Diamond DeShields played a big role in Westbrook’s recruitment. But Westbrook’s future Tennessee teammate suddenly became a former Lady Vol in June, opting to turn professional and head overseas rather than return for a final season of eligibility.

Westbrook said DeShields called her directly after making her decision.

“She had told me, ‘You’re going to do great without me or with me. Do what you came to do, even though I’m not there,’ ’’ Westbrook said.

More: Tennessee announces return of Lady Vols logo for all sports

DeShields’ departure capped a tumultuous spring in which fellow Lady Vols Alexa Middleton and Te’a Cooper transferred and assistant coach Jolette Law left for South Carolina. Westbrook watched these events unfold from Oregon.

Lady Vols coach Holly Warlick was concerned enough to fly to the West Coast. She and Westbrook had a three-hour conversation at, surprise, The Hoop.

“It meant a lot to me that she would do that, just to make sure I was OK,” Westbrook said.

UCONN does not have any sort of height outside of Stevens who most likely wont even play down low alot.

Yes, I forgot that Stevens plays outside a lot. Regardless, they will probably have the best starting 5 and key role players.

They were favored last year too right? MMMMM

No. They began the year ranked 3rd/4th. Most WANTED & EXPECTED them to loose at some point during OOC because they lost 3 starters and it was the first year they would begin a season without any Collegiate All Americans in a long time. (+ they just won the last 4 titles) Also, everyone would be taking on new roles.

I believe it was only after they beat South Carolina that anyone truly believed they could win a title in 2017. Almost all of the preseason mock ups had South Carolina or Notre Dame winning the title for 2017. Maybe by the time the NCAA tourney started people might have gotten caught up in the hype. As good as they had been they weren't as dominant as the the teams from the previous two years. Everyone knew that, Mississippi State just happened to be the only team to capitalize on it.

no. They began the year ranked 3rd/4th. Most wanted & expected them to loose at some point during ooc because they lost 3 starters and it was the first year they would begin a season without any collegiate all americans in a long time. (+ they just won the last 4 titles) also, everyone would be taking on new roles.

I believe it was only after they beat south carolina that anyone truly believed they could win a title in 2017. Almost all of the preseason mock ups had south carolina or notre dame winning the title for 2017. Maybe by the time the ncaa tourney started people might have gotten caught up in the hype. As good as they had been they weren't as dominant as the the teams from the previous two years. Everyone knew that, mississippi state just happened to be the only team to capitalize on it.

🤔

If we see inconsistent effort this season like last this will again be a double digit loss season. Last season we took games off gave half effort and really only played when we wanted to. When the team was really focused for forty minutes they could play with anyone. This season we need that every game and I may be wrong but I think most of the players this season are ones that give the effort and intensity game to game that some didn't last season.

Reactions: 2 people
If we see inconsistent effort this season like last this will again be a double digit loss season. Last season we took games off gave half effort and really only played when we wanted to. When the team was really focused for forty minutes they could play with anyone. This season we need that every game and I may be wrong but I think most of the players this season are ones that give the effort and intensity game to game that some didn't last season.

I agree

If you aren't a coach or have never coached before, I'll pass on your opinion. Like the old saying goes opinions are like buttholes everyone has one.

....Fact. We were a huge underachiever and disappointment the last two seasons with three players who were among the best in the country. And yet we lost 26 games in those two years, including several losses to teams not even in our league when it comes to talent. Yea, I'd say that was/is coaching. The buck always stops at the top.

....Fact. We were a huge underachiever and disappointment the last two seasons with three players who were among the best in the country. And yet we lost 26 games in those two years, including several losses to teams not even in our league when it comes to talent. Yea, I'd say that was/is coaching. The buck always stops at the top.

Yea, lack of talent wasn't the problem, but the problem was a couple of poisonous players with bad attitudes. A coach can't fix entitled prima donnas, she can only get rid of them. Done.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back