Lady Vol Practice Begins today.

The freshman are as talented as North Carolina’s freshmen class with Diamond D., except we have two seniors with exceptionally talent, if they play up to their potential. Just because you are deep does not mean you have all the parts. Genno won one title with 9 players. If we can keep all eight players healthy, and they play up to their potential, I believe we are a top ten team. There will be a learning curve for the freshmen, and a lot will depend upon how fast they grasp the college game.[/QUOlook 91 team they only had 11 players on team total wth 8 player rotation

The key to this team is if Hayes, Davis, Westbrooks, and KK can play better and be more efficient than Diamond, Reynolds, Middleton and Nunn. The result will determine our record in 2017-2018

Reactions: 1 person
The key to this team is if Hayes, Davis, Westbrooks, and KK can play better and be more efficient than Diamond, Reynolds, Middleton and Nunn. The result will determine our record in 2017-2018

That may be true but something has to be factored in for the absence of dissension if the main detractors are no longer on the team.

Reactions: 3 people

I agree but really don't think that will be difficult for those 4 to do. Reynolds didn't provide much offensively and was often inconsistent as well as Middleton. Nunn had a few games where she blossomed but barely saw time.

Diamond played well but you never knew from one game to the next which Diamond you would get.

My hopes is the the Freshman 4 combine to average 35points, 10 rebs, 3 blocks, 6 steals, 10 assist a game.

That shouldn't be too much to ask. I think Russell is going to give us at least 15pts, 10rebs, and 2Blks a night, I think Nared is going to give about 15points, 7 rebs, 4 asst and 3 stls.

Those numbers doesn't even include the production that I think we will get out of MeMe and Green. I also think this is the year we finally get to see KD running off screens and knocking down wide open 3's

Reactions: 2 people
I agree but really don't think that will be difficult for those 4 to do. Reynolds didn't provide much offensively and was often inconsistent as well as Middleton. Nunn had a few games where she blossomed but barely saw time.

Diamond played well but you never knew from one game to the next which Diamond you would get.

My hopes is the the Freshman 4 combine to average 35points, 10 rebs, 3 blocks, 6 steals, 10 assist a game.

That shouldn't be too much to ask. I think Russell is going to give us at least 15pts, 10rebs, and 2Blks a night, I think Nared is going to give about 15points, 7 rebs, 4 asst and 3 stls.

Those numbers doesn't even include the production that I think we will get out of MeMe and Green. I also think this is the year we finally get to see KD running off screens and knocking down wide open 3's

I agree but so many on here saying because they are freshmen they want be as good as those four. I personally think they will be better and Green could make a huge difference she could be a star player because she has played at a high level in the Olympics and JUCO.
I'm thinking is they can average 35 and shoot at aound 45 percent were gonna be tough to beat.

I'll be delighted if they can take care of the ball better than DD and Cooper when she played. They were good for 9 turnovers a game between them that one year. Then DD came back and average over 4 even though she really got going the last half of the season.

Last edited:
Don’t forget Green!

I got her don't really have anyone on last years team to compare her too. She is the x factor could make us a top five team if she plays like she did in JUCO. I think she is going to be a lot like Anosike with an offensive game.

Every report I've read or heard about so far from what has been seen at pre-season workouts and now full official practices is that this team has a much different feel in a positive way.

Looking forward to Meme’s development, based on Holly’s comments in the presser (that she’s our most improved player). Lady Vols seem to show the biggest growth between sophomore and junior seasons, so perhaps that precedent bodes well for her as well.

I believe it was Dan Fleser who referred to her as a previously “rarely used” player, which is hardly accurate considering she played 23.5 min/game last year, starting 19 games. She shot 24-73 (.329) from 3 last year, after going 1-16 as a freshman. Would be great to see continued improvement.

I got her don't really have anyone on last years team to compare her too. She is the x factor could make us a top five team if she plays like she did in JUCO. I think she is going to be a lot like Anosike with an offensive game.

yes i'm excited bout green also.she's big rebounder n aggressive.she looks like old school powerful lady vol post.rebounding what we been lacking for awhile so she will help.

There is always positive vibes before the season starts.I just hope that they can hold the losses under 14 and make the NCAA Tourney.

There is always positive vibes before the season starts.I just hope that they can hold the losses under 14 and make the NCAA Tourney.

14? Are you kidding?... How about let's keep the losses under 5 and win the NCAA tournament

Reactions: 9 people
beat Geno!

Unfortunately, despite another tough schedule for Connecticut, I don't see any losses for them on it. Ugh.

On the other hand, I would be thrilled if our Lady Vols finished the regular season with 5 or fewer losses to the top programs on the schedule and at least one of the annual stupefying losses to a team that had no business even staying within 30 but beat us anyway.

VN Store

Back