'19 LA QB Lance LeGendre

JG isn't averaging 400+ yards
He also isn’t playing against bad competition. He looked fine against ETSU and UTEP. Plus what college QBs are avaeraging that lol?

Anyway, I think the coaches are limiting JG too. They haven’t built an offense conducive to his skill set. They keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. I completely agree with the VQ guys that the offense is in desperate need of more spread passing concepts

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
He also isn’t playing against bad competition. He looked fine against ETSU and UTEP. Plus what college QBs are avaeraging that lol?

Anyway, I think the coaches are limiting JG too. They haven’t built an offense conducive to his skill set. They keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. I completely agree with the VQ guys that the offense is in desperate need of more spread passing concepts
What is JGs skill set. Enlighten me because he looks like a statue who is playing like a statue

Quick passing game would do him wonders. And I’m not talking about those stupid bubble screens to Brandon Johnson
If he could actually lead a receiver I'd be all for it but the way he throws to crossing receivers it's probably be intercepted more than caught

JG can’t read defenses and struggles to go through reads. But when he knows where he’s going with the ball he’s extremely accurate with the football.

Not sure why this is hard to see. Hopefully he can learn the first two aspects of being a QB and then he can be pretty good.

Too many dig in deep on QB debates.
Makes it hard for them to later admit issues or give credit.
JG has a lot of talent, schemes and blocking could definitely make a difference but that doesn't explain why he struggles to read defenses or get the ball out quickly more often.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
JG has a lot of talent, schemes and blocking could definitely make a difference but that doesn't explain why he struggles to read defenses or get the ball out quickly more often.
He has bare minimum talent. Stop playing. If he was a real talent he would make more plays

He has bare minimum talent. Stop playing. If he was a real talent he would make more plays
Seems silly to make those mutually exclusive. He has a good arm and doesn't make the most of it.
If admitting it means I'm "playing", I'm ok with that.

He was tom Herman and urban’s top QB target and Luigenbill from ESPN called him the most talent QB he’s seen at the under armour game. Dilfer also spoke very highly of him. Talent is not his problem. I think he has scars from butch and this offense is a bad fit for him and coaches refuse to adjust

Seems silly to make those mutually exclusive. He has a good arm and doesn't make the most of it.
If admitting it means I'm "playing", I'm ok with that.
FFS I have a good arm but I played OL. Having a good arm translates to nothing. Jamarcus Russell has a good arm

He was tom Herman and urban’s top QB target and Luigenbill from ESPN called him the most talent QB he’s seen at the under armour game. Dilfer also spoke very highly of him. Talent is not his problem. I think he has scars from butch and this offense is a bad fit for him and coaches refuse to adjust
Yet he’s done squat

Lol

FFS I have a good arm but I played OL. Having a good arm translates to nothing. Jamarcus Russell has a good arm

In the limited film available LL shows much higher upside. His junior film is weird because it shows screens for the first few minutes. then shows his deep passes and damn are they pretty. He shows elite arm strength and good mobility. He also plays for one of the elite programs in Louisiana and wins.

Maurer has improved since his junior year, but I have serious questions about how much better he can get, and his record against meh competition is bad. Both are red flags.

All this is IMO obviously.
Lol dude is putting up huge numbers, putting the offense on his back and hoping his defense can give him just a hint of help.

JG can’t read defenses and struggles to go through reads. But when he knows where he’s going with the ball he’s extremely accurate with the football.

Not sure why this is hard to see. Hopefully he can learn the first two aspects of being a QB and then he can be pretty good.

Agree. I forget he technically has two more yr left if he needs them. He could continue to progress in these areas. He needs it to click. He telegraphs too much. We also need to just turn him loose a bit more to accelerate the growth

Josh Dobbs' only other SEC offers were Miss State and Arkansas. He was ready to go to Arizona State before Butch put on the full-court press.

And I was excited to land Dobbs. Because I saw his film and it was impressive. Legendre lacks arm strength or accuracy.

I saw Jauan Jennings in high school and after I said he’d never be an SEC QB, folks on the Scout board argued vehemently with me. Legendre is similar. Could make a good S or WR, but if he wants to play QB, he needs to go to Georgia State.

JG isn't averaging 400+ yards
Is That because our wide receivers are not catching the ball or is he throwing passes to where they can't catch it? Or is it because the OL is not given him enough time to get the ball off.?

VN Store

Back