'19 LA QB Lance LeGendre

after being all types of wrong on what our QBs will do about transfers (sherion jones), I don't truly believe anything. just pointing out what makes sense to me.
I still can't believe Jones transferred twice. I really thought he would stick it out and wait his turn. Guys just want to play and they will find a home somewhere. Haven't got a clue what JG might do if he's ridding the pine this year but I suspect he may leave.

So you are assuming Chryst, who is statistically a worse QB than JG, is just going to be the starter?
Not at all. In fact, I believe JG has a great shot of starting, and I hope he does. I'm saying if he don't...he gone.

What do you think, BOT?

Not at all. In fact, I believe JG has a great shot of starting, and I hope he does. I'm saying if he don't...he gone.

What do you think, BOT?
I doñt know. Of course there is that chance, and if this were the previous staff I would be more likely to agree with you. I just honestly feel that even if JG doesnt get to,play much, he will stay because of the new coaching staff.

Reactions: SugarCC
Not to further derail this thread from LL, but JG isn't the type of guy to run away from adversity. Everyone piles on and has this mindset of him because of his body language during the GT game. We don't know what he was told. He may have been told they would split the game with him getting the 2nd half. We just don't know. He has a competitive edge. He's not a quitter and won't lay down for anyone. You talk about a dog? He has that dog in him. With the OL improving, he'll look light years better this year. And if he doesn't win the job, he'll support Chryst and the team just like he supported Dobbs.

Reactions: utallthetime
"I just figured out that I wanted a fresh start going into my senior season, so that is why I decommitted when I did," said Legendre. "I learned a lot about the recruiting process over the spring and summer, so I just wanted to open things up and find the school that is best for me.

"I am still looking around and just trying not to rush things. I am free, I am open and I am just looking at the different options right now."

Kansas does not look too much like a player in this race right now although Legendre did not completely rule them out. He is just hearing what coaches have to say right now.

"Nobody is really off my list right now. Kansas and I have not talked too much since I opened my recruitment up, so I would still say they are on my list.

"I have been in most contact with Tennessee, Florida State, and LSU. I visited Florida State and Tennessee over the summer and we have remained in contact.

"When I talk to coaches from any schools right now, it is about when I can visit, what they have to offer and things like that. It is nothing too big yet."

He has had his eye on the Seminoles, Tigers and Vols this season. The home-state school has really impressed with their start.

"LSU has it going on this season," said Legendre. "They are off to a great start and they are really playing well. With Florida State and Tennessee; both have had their moments. They are young, but both are top programs that I like."

Louisville was the school Legendre grew up favoring with Lamar Jackson at quarterback. That was before he was a top recruit. After taking a step back from his commitment to Kansas, he has completely re-opened his recruitment and all have a shot at this time.

He does not plan to make a decision for another four months.

"I am going to take it all the way down to Signing Day in February to weigh all of my options out," said Legendre. "By then, I know I will be ready. I am talking to schools every day right now and I will take my [official] visits after the season, so I am just taking my time.

"I do not have top schools or anything like that. I am not even thinking much about that right now. All that will come later in the process."
--Chad Simmons

I remember people mentioning him again back in late July. I think he would be an excellent addition if they have the room to add him.

How so? Really am curious
In the limited film available LL shows much higher upside. His junior film is weird because it shows screens for the first few minutes. then shows his deep passes and damn are they pretty. He shows elite arm strength and good mobility. He also plays for one of the elite programs in Louisiana and wins.

Maurer has improved since his junior year, but I have serious questions about how much better he can get, and his record against meh competition is bad. Both are red flags.

All this is IMO obviously.

Reactions: tim
In the limited film available LL shows much higher upside. His junior film is weird because it shows screens for the first few minutes. then shows his deep passes and damn are they pretty. He shows elite arm strength and good mobility. He also plays for one of the elite programs in Louisiana and wins.

Maurer has improved since his junior year, but I have serious questions about how much better he can get, and his record against meh competition is bad. Both are red flags.

His team is atrocious.

His team is atrocious I agree but he's averaging 400+yrds against the bad competition. In other words he's doing what he's supposed to be doing against bthe competition.

VN Store

Back