Kwe Parker question

What baffles me is that Kwe has had a couple of opportunities to show off his athletic ability and throw down a monster dunk, and twice he missed a layup.

Which would make sense if he's very self-aware that his athletic ability isn't going to break him into the lineup.

Maybe right now he's playing comparably to the "athletic black QB" at the next level where he's being challenged to stay in the pocket longer and look for the open receiver. Developing those new skills requires him to initially deny the instinctive reactions that got him to this level. For a period, he'll be neither elusive nor accurate... until he gains confidence with this new mindset.

I'd agree with that. I just don't like Turner at point. He is a suspect ball-handler and I hate his passing choices most of the time. He seems to force the action when he doesn't need to. What is great about him is that he is a microwave in that he can score in bunches, but he also needs shots to get his rhythm. If Kwe sticks with it, he'll have his opportunities.

This is what I have been saying for weeks. Plus Turner is so slow which makes his defense horrible

OK it was a question ABOUT Kwe Parker.

I didn't know if it could be a question BY Kwe Parker, or FOR Kwe Parker.

I too think he transfer.. He's not seeing the floor like he thought he would. Hopefully, he won't leave but most players with his skill level be wanting to see the floor instead of sit. I believe Coach Barnes will have us winning championships soon and I pray that Kwe is apart of it. However, I just think he's going to leave

I think Kwe Parker would benefit from a redshirt season next year to work on his offensive skills.

I like him, but as of now he's a project. If we have a legitimate shot at Garland, he is the logical choice to transfer. I don't see Fulkerson, Williams, Kent, Or Walker Transfering.
Scholfield, Alexander, and Phillips don't seem to be going anywhere, especially if Phillips to get the minutes he has lately.
That leaves Bone, Johnson, Bowden, and Turner. Johnson is the only one of those that I could maybe see Transfering, but I doubt he'd do it and have to sit out another year.
I think al players will return next year. After next year though, it's anybody's guess.

I like Bone alot although he has his freshman moments. I think he is much better than RF Turner and that is where I think Parker could improve enough to take minutes away from Turner next year.

I like a lot of Bone's game also. His quickness is elite as he appears to be able to drive the lane at will. It could just be in the games I've seen, but it appears he struggles to finish near the basket - either gets fouled or misses the layup? Any ideas why this might be?

I like a lot of Bone's game also. His quickness is elite as he appears to be able to drive the lane at will. It could just be in the games I've seen, but it appears he struggles to finish near the basket - either gets fouled or misses the layup? Any ideas why this might be?

Seems to me he was finishing better on drives before the foot injury. Maybe not quite a hunnert percent yet.

Fans get all lathered up when they see a highlight clip of an athletic dunker. Big deal. Means nothing. Give me basketball players who can shoot, dribble and pass the ball.

Reactions: 1 person
Had we pulled off the comeback, I would have given much of the credit to Parker. He provided a much needed defensive spark in the second half and kept pressure on the ball.

I bet if Kwe was wrapping up at a JUCO right now we'd be all giddy if he were to sign with UT. Maybe he can still come through at UT. PG is one position that a player can improve at over their entire career. What's his face at GA for example (Frazier).

I bet if Kwe was wrapping up at a JUCO right now we'd be all giddy if he were to sign with UT. Maybe he can still come through at UT. PG is one position that a player can improve at over their entire career. What's his face at GA for example (Frazier).

Frazier appeared in every game as a freshman and averaged 4ppg in just 10mpg, and had multiple double digit point games. And while I'm sure he could improve and develop like I told Dallas he's a guy who hasn't shown the staff much of a desire to work on areas of his game that need improvement on his own time.

Frazier appeared in every game as a freshman and averaged 4ppg in just 10mpg, and had multiple double digit point games. And while I'm sure he could improve and develop like I told Dallas he's a guy who hasn't shown the staff much of a desire to work on areas of his game that need improvement on his own time.

I wasn't comparing Psrker to Frazier, just making the point that JJ improved considerably year over year and Kwe could as well. But Kwe actually has a better assist rate as a freshman compared to Frazier. You'd have to compare the players around each to determine if the rate of assists is meaningful. A PG with, for example Shaq in the paint, will get many more assists than a PG with Kyle Alexander or Boomer Herndon. It also would help if the rest of the cast were good shooters.

It's up to Parker. If he won't work as you've indicated, he won't amount to much. Mark Griffin, who attends practices now and then, says that Bone has very good practice habits. MG also thinks KP and LT will leave. I'm not so sure about Turner with his burned RS UNLESS he's still having academic issues (which kept him off of the court as a freshman).

To say Turner had academic issues because he was unable to get his required HS courses done 1 year early is a little unfair IMO.

He's almost 20 years old. How did he have issues getting HS courses done early? Wouldn't that fit the definition of an academic issue?

No, not IMO. If you've never had an issue passing courses and opt to try and enroll early and in doing so are unable to complete 1 of the required courses then no, I don't think that labels you as someone who has "academic issues".

He's almost 20 years old. How did he have issues getting HS courses done early? Wouldn't that fit the definition of an academic issue?

He reclassified and entered into college a year early. Seems like he was originally supposed to be a 2015 guy but did something long ago that made him a 2016 class guy but then took a bunch of courses at the last minute and became a 2015 guy. That is when his coursework got flagged and had to sit out.

VN Store

Back