Kwe Parker question

Foolish for Tennessee that we didn't play him more this year, players can't adapt to in game situations with out being out in them. If we can get someone who can help immediately I guess it's worth it, but give me a 4 year player over a one year all day.

You have to earn playing time and besides he wasn't better than anyone playing a head of him.

Reactions: 1 person
Off his potential. We say flashes. Good passing, and very good defense once he really learns how to defend in college. I

Didn't he have deficiencies moving laterally with the ball? He was very fast straight ahead, but struggled when moving sideways. Limited with his weaker hand iirc.

Foolish for Tennessee that we didn't play him more this year, players can't adapt to in game situations with out being out in them. If we can get someone who can help immediately I guess it's worth it, but give me a 4 year player over a one year all day.

I make that argument about Bone not playing enough but I can't with parker. Both couldn't get more minutes

Fans have anxiety when any player leaves. The assumption always being that he didn't get a reasonable chance to perform and/or that he's going to blossom at another school. While that happens sometimes, I don't see it often enough to consider it the norm. Most of the players that have departed in recent memory have gone on to do what? How many that fans have been panicked over losing have gone on to be anything close to a very good to great player somewhere else? The vast majority of these "project" types just fade from the scene and memory. Wish Parker well, but I'm losing no sleep over his departure. Honestly, I can't think of a single basketball player on the roster that I wouldn't say that about.

Grant Williams?

I make that argument about Bone not playing enough but I can't with parker. Both couldn't get more minutes

Neither showed the ability to finish. None had the chance, Parker never really had a chance. I can only remember 4 shots he took in the paint, and one was an and one.

Neither showed the ability to finish. None had the chance, Parker never really had a chance. I can only remember 4 shots he took in the paint, and one was an and one.

Bone couldn't finish around the basket? Wow...that was probably his best attribute.

I think they're thinking of Turner not finishing. Bone was our best slasher all year. He can't fight through all contact, however.

I agree. He needs to learn when to go and when not to go into traffic, but he was our best guard at getting to the basket. Becoming more judicious will come with more experience. There were some games that his slashing ability kept us in the game.

Yes. He missed a boat load of shots in the lane. He was great at getting there and scored some in the lane but missed way too many

He wasn't automatic in the lane, but he held his own for a freshman hampered by a foot injury. He was our best slasher from the G position. Time, experience, and added strength will improve his accuracy.

He wasn't automatic in the lane, but he held his own for a freshman hampered by a foot injury. He was our best slasher from the G position. Time, experience, and added strength will improve his accuracy.

Oh he was a hell of a slasher he just didn't finish. His 2 pt % was bad

Oh he was a hell of a slasher he just didn't finish. His 2 pt % was bad

Meh, 40% 2pt FG% isn't great, but isn't awful for a FR PG who missed 1/3 of the season with injury. I'd be more concerned if he was a PF with that percentage. Obviously, we hope he improves on that each year.

Meh, 40% 2pt FG% isn't great, but isn't awful for a FR PG who missed 1/3 of the season with injury. I'd be more concerned if he was a PF with that percentage. Obviously, we hope he improves on that each year.

Don't get me wrong I think he can be great. Didn't mean to suggest otherwise .

VN Store

Back