Kwe Parker is transferring

Because it is one less contributor and CRB has not exactly done a stellar job of recruiting IMO. Still waiting for this UT to get a Durant or Aldridge.

You'll be waiting awhile. Those type of college players don't come around often, and if they do they're going to UK, Duke, Kansas, UCLA, UNC, etc.

You'll be waiting awhile. Those type of college players don't come around often, and if they do they're going to UK, Duke, Kansas, UCLA, UNC, etc.

Yep, pretty much. I don't understand why some folks on here expect Tennessee to get those type of college players when historically, they're not on the same level of those programs you just mentioned.

So much potential. Defense,and passing. All he needs is a jumper.

Dallas, he's a lot more than a jumper away from being a contributor. He has no control or touch in transition and around the basket. He's an average passer, and an above average on-ball defender.

Time in the gym and experience are the only two solutions to that. He hasn't earned the playing time, and he apparently isn't a fan of putting in time in the gym on his own. That may be a reason he didn't earn more time on the court.

Reactions: 3 people
Dallas, he's a lot more than a jumper away from being a contributor. He has no control or touch in transition and around the basket. He's an average passer, and an above average on-ball defender.

Time in the gym and experience are the only two solutions to that. He hasn't earned the playing time, and he apparently isn't a fan of putting in time in the gym on his own. That may be a reason he didn't earn more time on the court.

He said,she said. Like.lve said, hard to get a feel for the game when you're never in it.

He said,she said. Like.lve said, hard to get a feel for the game when you're never in it.

Yeah, but you're unwilling to admit there is almost certainly a good reason he didn't play more. It isn't because he just drew the short straw before every game. The kid just needs too much development in major areas. You don't throw a kid like that into the fire when he hasn't earned it in practice and he isn't clearly the better player.

Reactions: 2 people
Shembari Phillips could be the backup point guard to Bone next year and if CRB and his staff cannot find a suitable point guard replacement, I think the staff should save the scholarship for the 2018 recruiting class.

Shembari Phillips could be the backup point guard to Bone next year and if CRB and his staff cannot find a suitable point guard replacement, I think the staff should save the scholarship for the 2018 recruiting class.

They need a grad transfer. That leaves a 2018 scholarship.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, but you're unwilling to admit there is almost certainly a good reason he didn't play more. It isn't because he just drew the short straw before every game. The kid just needs too much development in major areas. You don't throw a kid like that into the fire when he hasn't earned it in practice and he isn't clearly the better player.

Yeah, I say we just let bone sit on the bench until senior year. He'll be all sec by then.

So much potential. Defense,and passing. All he needs is a jumper.

Parker had 22 assists and 23 turnovers.
Turner had 86 assists and 55 turnovers.
Bone had 66 assists and 32 turnovers.
Phillips had 52 assists and 44 turnovers.

Of our 4 main ball handlers Parker had the worst assist to turnover ratio. Not sure were you are seeing his passing and ball handling as a strength.

I think he could have really developed. Too bad. Good luck to him.
Maybe, but where would he have gotten the minutes to develop? Bone, Bowden, and Turner are better and will probably get most of the minutes at the 1 and the 2 for the next three years with Phillips also here for the next two. Then now we have a couple more conventional 3s in Yves Pons and Jalen Johnson, and the logjam at 4 and 5 with a healthy Fulkerson to go along with Williams, and the additions of Kent and Walker, as well as Kyle Alexander still a junior. This may mean more of a transition to the 3 for Admiral Schofield as well.

All that to say, it's really hard to find where minutes would have come for Parker, not just next year but for the rest of his career.

Parker had 22 assists and 23 turnovers.
Turner had 86 assists and 55 turnovers.
Bone had 66 assists and 32 turnovers.
Phillips had 52 assists and 44 turnovers.

Of our 4 main ball handlers Parker had the worst assist to turnover ratio. Not sure were you are seeing his passing and ball handling as a strength.

My point as well. He's an average passer, poor ball-handler, shooter, and decision-maker at this point. I think people unintentionally distort their memory of him because they want him to succeed so bad because of his athleticism.

The only way to improve on his areas of weakness are experience (which he hasn't earned in practice) and time in the gym (which he apparently isn't a fan of). Sounds like a kid who may just need to grow up and take advantage of his opportunity, and a lot of times, that is better achieved in a new environment. Lots of kids grow up after their freshman year and succeed with a change of scenery. A lot of it is up to him.

We are going to regret letting him go. This sucks.

2 for 11 free throws this year. Watched as he unleashed two of the worst free throws it has ever been my misfortune to witness including in rec ball and he was immediately taken out of the game.

Nice, friendly kid - but can't shoot a lick imho.

2 for 11 free throws this year. Watched as he unleashed two of the worst free throws it has ever been my misfortune to witness including in rec ball and he was immediately taken out of the game.

Nice, friendly kid - but can't shoot a lick imho.

He may have been 2 for 9 or 2 for 11, either way statistically the worst percentage free throw shooter I have ever heard of in high school or college.

The shot is very fixable, the passing is there, I'd be interested to know how many of those turnovers are off passes. I'd say a low number.

The shot is very fixable, the passing is there, I'd be interested to know how many of those turnovers are off passes. I'd say a low number.

No way you can say with any kind of certainty that the passing is there. Same goes for his shot being fixable because you could say that for any basketball player.

I hate to break it to you but for some guys those things aren't fixable and for some guys even if it is, they aren't interested in putting in the work to fix it.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back