Kongbo to LB?

If he's gonna play LB, I don't see how he could play the position as anything other than an outside pure pass rushing LB.

Yep. What this basically means is they're only going to be using Kongbo for VERY specific packages, which means he'll probably be on the field for 1 or 2 plays per possession.

If any coaching staff in the country can find this athlete a home where he can be successful, these guys can. I'd trust them if he became our starting punter.

Well, at least until he proved them wrong.

What every position he plays, I hope he finds himself. He has a lot of talent but has not show it much on the field. hope he has a great senior year and can play years in the nfl. But he will not touch the nfl unless he makes more plays on Saturdays.

Reactions: 2 people
I can't see this working. He seems very awkward running sideline to sideline. Everyone screams of how athletic he is, but I just can't see him pulling this one off. Taylor yes, Kongbo no.

Reactions: 2 people
He looks like a tremendous athlete, but ...........heck just watch the tapes of last years games. I hope he does well.

As much as I would like for him to have a break out year, I will settle for solid. I'm almost afraid that he is going to run out of eligibility before he can reach his potential. Physically gifted but might have picked up this game a little late in life. I'm hoping he is able to put it together.

He'll do great there.It will be run-blitz every down.Don't read,just go to the ball and tear down the house.

Curious but what has he done to make you believe he will be anything resembling great? Guys like Taylor and Phillips have at least shown glimpses of greatness. Kongbo has done absolutely nothing since coming here.

Reactions: 1 person
Curious but what has he done to make you believe he will be anything resembling great? Guys like Taylor and Phillips have at least shown glimpses of greatness. Kongbo has done absolutely nothing since coming here.

Hang on there, let's be fair. I haven't seen anybody else ever get flagged twice in a row for throwing a chokehold-hold on an opposing player.

If he is coached and channels that rage properly, dude can beast. Assuming he's coachable.

Kongbo needed to learn the basics and fundamentals, something the last group didn't teach. No development. Things are changing on the Hill.

I just really wanna see kongbo have a big year. I think he’s a good guy and a hard worker. Hopefully it all clicks at whatever position he finds himself at.

With good D coaches this year coaching good technique.. Could be all the difference for JK

Hang on there, let's be fair. I haven't seen anybody else ever get flagged twice in a row for throwing a chokehold-hold on an opposing player.

If he is coached and channels that rage properly, dude can beast. Assuming he's coachable.

That’s it in a nutshell, I’ve come to think he’s uncoachable.

I was literally thinking about this last week. Kongo is a pure pass rusher so to be able to do that in the 3-4 he would have to stand up. Tho he has the size to play an interior position I just don’t think it suits him well. He wasn’t much as a DT two years ago and hated it. The 3-4 DE is just a gap over so I can see why he’s moving to backer. The issue will be when he has to drop in coverage .. that will be the true test

RTT, If I had posted, it would have been exactly like this. Except less articulate.

JK is a pure pass rusher. He's just not been very good at it. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. But the way he's built and operates leaves no place for him on the interior. He is the antithesis of a "space eater". I would much rather see him at 250# and utilize some more speed as an OLB. Hopefully, it's the spark this guy needs to make an impact.

That’s it in a nutshell, I’ve come to think he’s uncoachable.

I locked in watching him vs UK at Neyland. He was working his tail off and 100% locked in with defensive coaches during that game. I noted that and was impressed with his teamwork actually.

It was the same game that idiot Mike Griffith wrote that hit piece on him for having conflicts with coaches on the sideline. 100% verifiable tripe from that guy. Now, the rest of the time, I have no idea. But, he's always seemed to be submitted well. Just my observation.

Sorry I laughed bc when those two should never be mentioned together. Little was a killer (literally and figuratively). Kongbo has a quarter of the talent Little had. No way he could be like little. He cant pass rush. I'm thinking maybe middle backer bc hes so freaking big.

I suspect this staff will find a place for Kongbo, get him on the field, and simplify the game for him somewhat. Don't aks him to have too many keys or reads, give him a couple of gaps to cover every time he's on the field, that sort of thing. He can be effective IMO but the staff needs to find a way to slow the game down for him a little, he just does not have those years of experience most kids have.

VN Store

Back