Kirkland commits!

I thought this staff was running everyone off as of yesterday. Oh wait - maybe the players do like Butch...

Or they were making room for better players to come in.
It's almost like the coaching staff knows more about running a football program than the armchair QBs on VN! Whodathunkit?

Reactions: 3 people
Correct Butch is not stupid. You better beleive Cherry knew Butch and staff were looking at Kirkland. Just like Dylan Jackson. He sees Kyle Phillips hanging around bowl practice.

Jackson is an ot for us if he stays. Cherry opened the spot for Kirkland by taking a visit.

Or they were making room for better players to come in.
It's almost like the coaching staff knows more about running a football program than the armchair coaching staff on VN! Whodathunkit?

Fify

By the way no way that that would be possible, "We have the best ARMCHAIR COACHING STAFF IN AMERICA."

Reactions: 5 people
IF this guys checks out and fills AJ's spot, that leaves Maggitt on the outside to speed rush. WOW what a nightmare for QBs next season.

Word was a former Vol helped push Cherry to look at Texas due to the fact that his son was not getting an offer. Coaches let Cherry know if he went on a visit that they were going to look around and bang,Kirkland decommits Mich. Funny how life happens for the good now. If this were Dools, we would miss both and get a 158 lb academic all American.

This is close to what I have heard. I heard a former Vol tried to roll his kid and cherry as a package deal and this was shot down. Then Kirkland expressed interest in UT and cherry was probably told to look around.

Jancek 's job is to convince recruits that smart, muscamp, and pruitt ain't the only ones that can corch defense. :yes:

This is close to what I have heard. I heard a former Vol tried to roll his kid and cherry as a package deal and this was shot down. Then Kirkland expressed interest in UT and cherry was probably told to look around.

If so, is the former Vol still VFL?

It would have been nice to kept Cherry with us but it didn't work. I think Kirkland is a little bit better if a player after wAtching videos on each one. The thing that stood out to me was Kirklands lateral speed.

Glad he is not coming, unsure of himself, possibly would have left after a year.....then comes the NEGAVOLS! "But, "But, there is a problem here, this isn't good"!

Reactions: 1 person
From what I hear, he is better and faster than Cherry.

I believe we are still targeting Quarte Sapp and Ricky DeBerry but would probably only have room for one more.

Yes but it is rumors but that is who people have been saying that talked Cecil Cherry looking into Texas. I guess Cherry and Alvin Jr. are friends.

Also - Alvin Harper called in to the Tony Basilio show today and denied he had anything to do with Cecil leaving. Harper said he is stil a Vol but was upset the Vol coaches didn't look at Alvin Jr. and Harper thought it was because his son is a smaller receiver. Harper gave the example of how well Pig Howard is doing.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back