Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Evidenced by the number of interested fans posting on this thread, the LV basketball brand is currently hotter than a fire ant on a fever blister.

in the last 72 hours I have gone from saying, "Danny White did what?" to "Coach Caldwell is poised, direct, and a proven winner."

Tennessee women's basketball needed an injection of excitment and now they have it.

Let's go!

I will eat a cat turd out of my litter box live on facebook for you all to watch if TN hires Marshall's coach. Danny White does not fire a former Lady Vol who went to two sweet 16's to hire a coach who's been in D1 for one year. NOT. HAPPENING. It's counter intuitive to everything we know to be true in how he sees the program.

Is this going to be Live?

Duffy getting her staff

I don’t think she was a very good hire TBH. A lot of the success at Marquette was the one good class they had. A couple coaches have now gotten better jobs but that program has been on the slide the last two seasons.

Was surprised she was hired for the VaTech job. I think we made a much better hire even if it’s a bit riskier. With Duffy you kinda know what you’re gonna get.

With CKC we know we hired some who is a proven winner at every level she’s been so far (player, DII coach, DI coach).

I don’t think she was a very good hire TBH. A lot of the success at Marquette was the one good class they had. A couple coaches have now gotten better jobs but that program has been on the slide the last two seasons.

Was surprised she was hired for the VaTech job. I think we made a much better hire even if it’s a bit riskier. With Duffy you kinda know what you’re gonna get.

With CKC we know we hired some who is a proven winner at every level she’s been so far (player, DII coach, DI coach).
I agree Duffy hire seems good for VT ig. They weren’t gonna spend for a better. I’m a little shocked they didn’t go after an up and comer like Miller…

Bc they have way less expectations

I doubt Duffy wins the ACC in the next 10 years

Reactions: VolBall09
I agree Duffy hire seems good for VT ig. They weren’t gonna spend for a better. I’m a little shocked they didn’t go after an up and comer like Miller…

Bc they have way less expectations

I doubt Duffy wins the ACC in the next 10 years

Or Rueck but he may want more than anyone wants to pay him

Reactions: VolFuture
I will eat a cat turd out of my litter box live on facebook for you all to watch if TN hires Marshall's coach. Danny White does not fire a former Lady Vol who went to two sweet 16's to hire a coach who's been in D1 for one year. NOT. HAPPENING. It's counter intuitive to everything we know to be true in how he sees the program.
Have you posted the schedule for this? I have not seen it.

Reactions: Talon2 and mcannon1
Just curious.
Would you prefer a Christian coach with only average success or an atheist coach that wins championships?

I checked with a theologian friend and he said, “There are just as many mentions of basketball in the Good Book as there are instances of the word ‘God’ in the U.S. Constitution.”

I checked with a theologian friend and he said, “There are just as many mentions of basketball in the Good Book as there are instances of the word ‘God’ in the U.S. Constitution.”

I'm sure that there was an intended point in there somewhere.

VN Store

Back