Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Tennessee this season with this kind of elite offense and style of play is 2-1 at worse against the eventual national champions! And I don’t think SC would’ve gotten by Tennessee in the NCAA tourney either to become national champions.
Let’s go Rocky Top! 2024-2025 is about to be legendary!

It's so incredible to view these stats knowing our new coach took a bunch of young ladies and guided them to a conference championship and tourney championship while predicted to finish ninth in that league. New players and a new coach accomplished that in her one and only season at Marshall. Talk about a wow moment. That's a "coach" getting all to buy in in just one season, wow again.
Go Lady Vols

This is the most intriguing basketball hire I have seen on all levels in years.
It reminds me of when Pat Riley hired Erik Spoelstra as head coach for the Miami Heat.

Pat Riley back then saw something in Coach Spo that he knew would make him a big-time coach. No other GM in the league would’ve hired a former video coordinator as the HC for a top franchise like the Miami Heat.

Fast forward to yesterday and Danny White has made one of the most unforeseen hires of all-time in WBB. Tennessee is a top 2 program of all-time. I believe this hire will be the catalyst for UT and SEC basketball for the next 10-15 years. SC and LSU have become top tier programs. SC has sustained the conference in recent years. The resurgence of UT with SC playing at an elite level will put WBB and the SEC on another level.

I want to believe in this style of play. More possessions leads to more shots leads to more points. Add to that a pressure filled defense that creates a ton of turnovers...

But she basically treats it like hockey with line changes. She does 5 people substitutions at a time basically. Let's them play for 3-4 minutes and then subs them all. And I heard her say she doesn't call time outs.

I'm going to say this now. This...could work. BUT, it is going to take an amazing quality of recruiting to build that level of depth to allow you to do that.

But..if she can do it, and if the players buy in, and she gets the right players in here.

This could be a TON of fun.

What we did probably will not be seen on VN in some time. 5K views and 200+ pages of discussion on the head coaching job in just 7 days! Lets go!

It was a silly little video. Kaiya asked CKC how much orange she owns and if she knows all the words to Rocky Top yet. Super cute.
To the 'Rocky Top" question Kim laughed and answered, "It doesn't matter 'cause I'll never sing it out loud." 😂🤣😂🤣

So now we know she doesn't consider herself a good singer. That's okay. As long as she knows how to modulate her voice, and her face, for maximum effect as she verbally chastises blundering officials on the sidelines, we're good. 😅

To the 'Rocky Top" question Kim laughed and answered, "It doesn't matter 'cause I'll never sing it out loud." 😂🤣😂🤣

So now we know she doesn't consider herself a good singer. That's okay. As long as she knows how to modulate her voice, and her face, for maximum effect as she verbally chastises blundering officials on the sidelines, we're good. 😅
Hopefully she elevates the team to where she can’t help herself!

VN Store

Back