Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

What about Walz and he keeps Coach Sam? She was his recruiter before leaving. The current players would still have someone and the incoming recruits still have the same person who recruited them. It wasn’t Sam’s fault about recruiting. She got us in many players Top 5’s or Top 10’s. The problem is Kelly could never close the deals.

BOOOM!!!

Fairly comical how much LV fans are willing to accept mediocrity at one of the winningest programs in college basketball history as long as it’s “one of us”. It’s why I struggle to pay attention and care for the LV as much as I did when I grew up because why invest in something that is so disinterested in actually winning.
It’s something I just don’t get. They care more about pride/feelings than winning. Blows my mind honestly

I may be in the minority, but I’m still holding out hope for Lisa Fortier. Best mixture of up/comer but proven winner, Gonzaga is more power 5 than mid major based on program cache.

But I would be happy with the names mentioned, such as Walz, Frese, Gottlieb,

I’m not as sold on Kara, or the coach from Ole Miss…

I hope we don’t get this far down the list but potential = Lindy LaRocque, Kim Caldwell/Stephens, Molly miller. Etc…

Please be one of…. Gottlieb, Walz, Frese, Fortier, Baranczyk, Ivey,

Took a horrible Marshall program and flipped them around year one. What like 26-28 wins? She won national championships in D-2. My feeling on it is that she’s a winner, and I want a winner. Her career record is like 217-34. She could be EXACTLY what we need.

No. Not because you’re wrong. She could be great, but TN needs a home run hire both on the court AND in the headlines. That matters to Danny. This wouldn’t be it.

I may be in the minority, but I’m still holding out hope for Lisa Fortier. Best mixture of up/comer but proven winner, Gonzaga is more power 5 than mid major based on program cache.

But I would be happy with the names mentioned, such as Walz, Frese, Gottlieb,

I’m not as sold on Kara, or the coach from Ole Miss…

I hope we don’t get this far down the list but potential = Lindy LaRocque, Kim Caldwell/Stephens, Molly miller. Etc…

Please be one of…. Gottlieb, Walz, Frese, Fortier, Baranczyk, Ivey,
I won’t hate her! A lil disappointing but an easier sell over Kellie than many others

I disagree with you and that’s ok. I mean the previous coaches at Marshall could’ve done the same thing, but none of them did.
When a losing university gets a national championship coach, regardless of division that's going to create hype, especially for a smaller school like Marshall. Winning a D2 championship can be appealing to lower ranked transfer portal targets as well. She got two really good transfers (for that conference) took advantage of that weak conference and won it.

None of the previous coaches you speak of didn't have any type of hype or anything to sell.

Reactions: VolFuture

VN Store

Back