Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

I’m all for Kim Stephens. She’s a winner everywhere she’s been.
Hell ****ing no. This hire would be worse than Kellie by 10000. She didn’t prove anything in the NCAA tourney by getting beat bad by a VTech team that didn’t have Kitley. Kellie did beat some high level teams in the tourney

recruiting wasn't the shortcoming
we made plenty of "top 15/12/10/6/5 lists"
what we didn't have was a "closer"
Nobody wanted to believe it. It was always made to be something else. Some tried to say years ago it was a problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voluble2
Took a horrible Marshall program and flipped them around year one. What like 26-28 wins? She won national championships in D-2. My feeling on it is that she’s a winner, and I want a winner. Her career record is like 217-34. She could be EXACTLY what we need.

I'd rather give Kellie a lifetime contract.

Walz would be a good hire, with the backing of the department and resources at UT he could win big. Better hire than Frese. Frese has had very good teams only to get knocked out consistently by lesser teams in the Rd of 32 or sweet 16 etc…. Walz got a taste of that this year but he’s been unhappy at Louisville for a minute

Freese was in the Elite Eight last year, Sweet 16 the previous two years. Her Big Ten Conference winning percentage is...83 percent.

2020–21Maryland26–317–11stNCAA Sweet Sixteen
2021–22Maryland23–913–4T–2ndNCAA Sweet Sixteen
2022–23Maryland28–715–3T–2ndNCAA Elite Eight
2023–24Maryland19–149–9T–6thNCAA First Round
Maryland (Big Ten):274–58 (.825)146–29 (.834)

Just to send everyone into a seizure, if we miss on the candidate DW is trying to get, don’t rule out a former LV. Her supporters are definitely putting on the heat.

Fairly comical how much LV fans are willing to accept mediocrity at one of the winningest programs in college basketball history as long as it’s “one of us”. It’s why I struggle to pay attention and care for the LV as much as I did when I grew up because why invest in something that is so disinterested in actually winning.

Kara is very left leaning, and did not have great things to say about the university when Kellie was hired. I was very interested in hiring Kara when we hired Kellie but not at all interested in hiring her this time around!

If it happens, you can secede, or storm the AD in a viking helmet.

It’s being reported Kim Stephens Caldwell has interviewed for the position.
I haven't heard that, but interesting if true. I don't know a ton about her, incredible D2 coach to D1 instant success. Her team was fun to watch though, did see them in the conference and ncaa tourney.

Hell ****ing no. This hire would be worse than Kellie by 10000. She didn’t prove anything in the NCAA tourney by getting beat bad by a VTech team that didn’t have Kitley. Kellie did beat some high level teams in the tourney
She was at Marshall lol. Marshall, all time, has a 618-637 record. She went 26-8 in her first season there. They’ve been to the NCAA tournament twice in their history, and one was her appearance. Judging her by that one game is a HUUGGGEE mistake.

What about Walz and he keeps Coach Sam? She was his recruiter before leaving. The current players would still have someone and the incoming recruits still have the same person who recruited them. It wasn’t Sam’s fault about recruiting. She got us in many players Top 5’s or Top 10’s. The problem is Kelly could never close the deals.

Fairly comical how much LV fans are willing to accept mediocrity at one of the winningest programs in college basketball history as long as it’s “one of us”. It’s why I struggle to pay attention and care for the LV as much as I did when I grew up because why invest in something that is so disinterested in actually winning.
The hardcore are a strange group. I think we’ve got a pretty good shot at the top coach White wants, but we’ll see.

She was at Marshall lol. Marshall, all time, has a 618-637 record. She went 26-8 in her first season there. They’ve been to the NCAA tournament twice in their history, and one was her appearance. Judging her by that one game is a HUUGGGEE mistake.

that's not saying anything lol

VN Store

Back