Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Well with the football search we know he swung for the fences with James Franklin. Not afraid to go after a big name and make them same no. Should be an interesting to see who we can make listen.

I have little doubt that he will swing for the fences. He just can’t end up in a situation where he’s swinging and missing on big names and turning this into a two week search. Needs to be done in 10 days or less imo.

Staley isn’t leaving SC. Just isn’t happening. With that being said, DW will upgrade over Kellie. Who he hires may need immediately convince people on name recognition alone, but he/she will prove to be a better recruiter and a better coach than CKH.

Like Goestenkors at Texas and Caldwell at LSU.

Reactions: dazzleme and glv98
I want the coach who recruited all those #1 players to UCON,if you can't recruit the top players you wont be on top !

Like Goestenkors at Texas and Caldwell at LSU.

Picking out a couple of hires that didn’t work out is asinine. DW’s history suggests he will hire a winner. Even if it doesn’t work out, at least he will have tried to hire a winner instead of sticking with something that was never going to get us close to a championship level. Complacency has never and never will breed championships.

Reactions: lilesrt
No one who holds the championship standard is going to regret firing Kellie. No one. Only the legion of the complacent will be on that ship if it comes to pass.
*Championship dream.

I think they are a lot of teams that would love for their worst year (4th SEC & NCAAT) to be “complacent “.

Again, let’s follow up in April 2026..

VN Store

Back