Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

First let me say this... If Kentucky can hire Kenny Brooks from VT... And they don't have the history/cache/prestige/resources that we do... Then we can definitely go out and hire a big time coach. He would have been on my list.

Having said that, my top choice would be Lisa Fortier from Gonzaga, she's 265–63 (.808). She's 43 so still young but plenty of experience at a respected basketball program. I also think the Lady Vol program and brand and resources could be intriguing to her.

Other names: Lindy La Rocque (UNLV), Carla Berube (Princeton), Kim Stevens (Marshall)

Wildcards: Jenny Boucek (Pacers Asst) formerly WNBA coach, from Nashville. Would be interesting.

First let me say this... If Kentucky can hire Kenny Brooks from VT... And they don't have the history/cache/prestige/resources that we do... Then we can definitely go out and hire a big time coach. He would have been on my list.

Having said that, my top choice would be Lisa Fortier from Gonzaga, she's 265–63 (.808). She's 43 so still young but plenty of experience at a respected basketball program. I also think the Lady Vol program and brand and resources could be intriguing to her.

Other names: Lindy La Rocque (UNLV), Carla Berube (Princeton), Kim Stevens (Marshall)

Wildcards: Jenny Boucek (Pacers Asst) formerly WNBA coach, from Nashville. Would be interesting.
I don't know how strong a schedule Fortier played, but her wining % is impressive.

Last edited:
I do not think anyone could have predicted that on the day of Elite 8 games featuring Iowa, LSU, UCONN, and USC a coaching change would be the main headline! However, ever since the announcement by Tennessee athletic administration social media and sports media has been buzzing!

Offer Dawn Staley to be the highest paid coach in Women's Basketball and go from there.

Be like LSU and swing for the fences!

Staley isn’t leaving SC. Just isn’t happening. With that being said, DW will upgrade over Kellie. Who he hires may need immediately convince people on name recognition alone, but he/she will prove to be a better recruiter and a better coach than CKH.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Walz has to be the hire. Only one that makes sense. Wouldn't be my choice. Can't stand the guy, but it is what it is.
Not saying he’s first choice but I think he would do a great job here he can recruit coach and would be a new challenge for him knows we’re about winning.

I miss the hard ass style of Andy Landers. You can't get away with that style of coaching as people walk. He got the job done and always had and still has my respect.

I’m
Also if coach Sam is has been working the portal the past few days that seems to say she knows who is coming and she gets to stay......
she may keep her job has always been a good recruiter. She brother in here but Kellie didn’t like them or something

Let’s just see DW comes up with because at the end of the day we will not know till he’s tells us. We can guess and hope he surprises us.

I don't know hoe strong a schedule Fortier played, but her wining % is impressive.
Fair point... Definitely something I considered regarding strength of schedule, but that's why the sustained success/dominance validates her credibility for me.

More so than those like Molly Miller and Lindy La Rocque, Carla Berube... All who have great winning numbers but have poor competition as well but have had a few bad years. And I still like them.

I just believe giving Lisa Fortier our resources and recruiting footprint and NIL, she would do really well here and would be a BIG TIME HIRE

No

Reactions: LadyVol1908

VN Store

Back