Kiffin tabs frosh "Fab Four"

Carries: 4 carries
Total yards: 46 yards
Longest run: 34 yards

Ha! Thank you. :hi:

Good thoughtful exchange between Griff and SJT18.

I don't think it was Hardesty that persisted in running into the blockers backs; think it was the other rb.

Keiland Williams is not LSU's best rb; I said 2 or 3 yrs ago that Charles Scott was better and should be their main guy (which he was last yr).

I like Hardesty a lot, but clearly we have other options.

If there's one position I know, it's running backs....I've covered the best, and I know a great one when I see one

Hardesty is a tough runner, stronger, determined and fast.

But the guy has gotten injured because he takes so many direct hits....watch his runs, and you'll see he doesn't have the "wiggle'' in the hole that turns death-shots into glancing blows.

Further, he's not as smooth on the perimeter runs....some backs "glide'' running laterally -- that was Foster's strength.

Now, Foster didn't have the vertical game Hardesty does...

There's no jitterbug in Hardesty either -- he can't make something out of nothing, like some great backs.

If there's a hole, he's money. If there's not, he's getting back to the line, or taking a big shot.

Watch and evaluate these things I have said for yourself.

Hardesty -- good leader, tough guy, good presence.

Not a great back, and I use the word "great'' sparingly.

not positive at all so i may be way wrong, but wasn't hardesty the one who broke that big run against cal when nothing was there? again, sorry if i got confused

Go back and research again, Berry said that was the goal... a big difference in what you are spewing.

Facts have never been his strong suit, why should he start now?

He subscribes to the "make sure everyone knows I'm making this up as I go along" mantra.

not positive at all so i may be way wrong, but wasn't hardesty the one who broke that big run against cal when nothing was there? again, sorry if i got confused

To be fair, I think Griff is saying he is not a "shifty" back but more of a north/south, "run you over" back......which is exactly what he did on the play in question.

To be fair, I think Griff is saying he is not a "shifty" back but more of a north/south, "run you over" back......which is exactly what he did on the play in question.

Agreed, and IIRC Hardesty was a highly rated DB when he was being recruited. I think he's done well since being converted to RB.

You do know Stephen Garcia is your QB right? Regardless of who your QB is, you are still South Carolina. A team with no history...whose biggest tradition is running through a fake smoke machine to some piped in corny music. Your football team has never won anything and will never match up consistently with the top teams in the SEC. Sleep on THAT cock beast!

Right on the mark...

Then again, USCe did have Steve Taneyhill, and those flowing locks...

Good Lord, all you guys are missing is a song written about you by the Village People.

Your coach is a Senior PGA Tour golfer; your mascot is a chicken; and your "history" consists mainly of being the "other team" during ESPN highlights.

Proud program, that one...

Go Vols.

It never ceases to amaze me when Gamecock fans feel they have some ammo to talk smack, I mean wth ? are Dan Reaves, George Rodgers and Sterling Sharpe suiting up this season ?

The sad thing is that South Carolina has had TWO legends coaching for them, and still cannot get over the hump. Holtz and Spurrior are really good coaches even though the cocks have had them at the end of their carreers. South Carolina just needs to be satisfied with 6 to 7 wins every year and leave the real winning to the big 3 in the east. Hey, at least you guys are generally considered better than Kentucky and Vandy.

Enough about irrelevant programs, the case has been made well now.

So, what are the chances Oku ends up higher on the depth chart than BB going into the season? Oku can catch the ball out of the backfield, and has been said to look to be a harder and faster runner.

So, what are the chances Oku ends up higher on the depth chart than BB going into the season? Oku can catch the ball out of the backfield, and has been said to look to be a harder and faster runner.
No chance. He's not faster and is too small right now. Doesn't matter how hard guys at 185 run, defenses intent on killing them do.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

No chance. He's not faster and is too small right now. Doesn't matter how hard guys at 185 run, defenses intent on killing them do.

Not that I disagree, but Jeff Demps isn't even 180 if I'm not mistaken.

It's possible, but Oku is probably not an everydown back like Brown has the capability to be. Of course, Travis Stephens wasn't very big either and he did alright for us in 2001.

Both will end up playing alot IMO, but Brown will slowly take over the spot I think.

How big is Jahvid Best? What about Kendall Hunter? Then there's Jacquizz Rodgers? And last but not least Arkansas's Michael Smith? Yeah that throws your theory out of the window. His style of running is perfect for his frame.

How big is Jahvid Best? What about Kendall Hunter? Then there's Jacquizz Rodgers? And last but not least Arkansas's Michael Smith? Yeah that throws your theory out of the window. His style of running is perfect for his frame.

Best is a lot bigger and much faster. Michael Smith is tiny and breaks no tackles. In fact, none you listed, aside from Best, is a great running back. You want small guys that impact, get your head out of your rear and find one. They exist but are absolutely the exception because defenders easily throw around tiny guys.

I think you see Oku lined up for swing passes, and such to get him out in space. The other 3 backs have the size to tote it between the tackles.

McFadden curled up in 2007 and Felix Jones got hurt. Anthony Dixon is a soft 240 lb TB.

Les Miles refuses to let Keiland Williams get a lot of touches.

Glen Coffee was a plowhorse, he didn't have great speed.

Did PJ Hill play against UT in the Outback Bowl?

I imagine Hardesty is one of the hardest runners Berry has faced. That's one thing I do like about Hardesty is he never goes down on first contact (might also be the reason he stays hurt)

McFadden was hurt when they came to Knoxville. MH could never even come close to holding his jock.
Hard runner? Yes
Good leader? yes
But he is nowhere near the back McFadden or Jones was.

I think you see Oku lined up for swing passes, and such to get him out in space. The other 3 backs have the size to tote it between the tackles.

And that's a huge difference. Oku will likelv have it too, but it will take a couple of years.

Best is a lot bigger and much faster. Michael Smith is tiny and breaks no tackles. In fact, none you listed, aside from Best, is a great running back. You want small guys that impact, get your head out of your rear and find one. They exist but are absolutely the exception because defenders easily throw around tiny guys.

Dude all of the guys I mentioned are good backs. You need to get your head out of your rear. Hunter and Rodgers are very good backs. Ask USC how good Rodgers is between the tackles?

The freshman backed up their nickname one day after Kiffin hung it on them....perhaps they will respond that same way during the season

VN Store

Back