Kiffin tabs frosh "Fab Four"

While BB was the #1 running back by some recruiting services, wasn't Oku the #1 all-purpose running back?

Agree that Hardesty is one of the hardest runners -- if he were as powerful as Travis Henry or as explosive and big as Jamal (235), he would be special. But at 215, you've still got to make guys miss a little --

As for the critics,

I'm not saying Eric Berry isn't a good person -- don't twist it.

But it's typical for players to give their teammates a lot of love -- don't be stupid.

Look at the numbers, look at the game....look at the draft projections...

Maybe the zone blocking scheme will work out well for Hardesty, but on the lateral runs I've seen from him -- not too many -- he has not looked smooth.

Also, he drops the ball -- that's one reason why he hasn't played more in the past -- QBs could throw to foster -- he had soft hands to catch (though seemingly not soft enough to secure) the ball.

Take off the orange colored glasses and be real in your assessments, and you won't leave Neyland Stadium disappointed....

Vols need Bryce Brown or Oku to step up and be a playmaker -- they haven't had one in the backfield since Gerald Riggs was healthy and had a good attitude and LaMarcus Coker still loved the game (they were fleeting moments, it seemed)

:pirate:

IMO, Riggs showed flashes of greatness, but he was a bust, if he would have kept his good attitude and worked hard he would have been really good

I think you guys overrate Hardesty. He had some flashes his sophmore year (Uga of course and that run against Cal), but there is a reason he was never our #1 back. He gets hurt all the time, he isnt consistent, and I cant remember him ever catching a pass out of the backfield. He's got decent speed but he was slower then Coker and Creer, and I imagine he'll be at least 3rd in speed behind Brown and Oku.

Maybe if he had never gotten hurt, things would have been different. But the reality is that injuries have stolen some of his abilities, and with him starting at rb I think we are not terrible but not great...basically, mediocre.

Ah... I see. Berry's a liar trying to play his teammate? Come on Griff. It might not have been a completely thought out compliment but it was VERY high and unsolicited praise.

Did I say he was? I simply said that Berry is more of an authority on which RB's are great in the SEC right now than you are. Sorry that stings.

What's he supposed to say? How about nothing? How about "He's as good as any back I've faced"? How about "He's one of the toughest backs you'll ever see and hits the hole harder than anyone"?

There's a million things he could have said that left room for your criticisms. He didn't do it.

Are you seriously trying to say you have a more intimate knowledge of the SEC's RB's than Berry. "Come on now..."

Like I said, I like your work for the most part but your sensitivity to being questioned over this is interesting.

Ridiculously confrontational post.

If I recall it right, wasn't Berrys comment on Hardesty on twitter? If so, then its his honest opinion I believe. Its not like he was asked and had to be politically correct.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If there's one position I know, it's running backs....I've covered the best, and I know a great one when I see one

Hardesty is a tough runner, stronger, determined and fast.

But the guy has gotten injured because he takes so many direct hits....watch his runs, and you'll see he doesn't have the "wiggle'' in the hole that turns death-shots into glancing blows.

Further, he's not as smooth on the perimeter runs....some backs "glide'' running laterally -- that was Foster's strength.

Now, Foster didn't have the vertical game Hardesty does...

There's no jitterbug in Hardesty either -- he can't make something out of nothing, like some great backs.

If there's a hole, he's money. If there's not, he's getting back to the line, or taking a big shot.

Watch and evaluate these things I have said for yourself.

Hardesty -- good leader, tough guy, good presence.

Not a great back, and I use the word "great'' sparingly.
Thats been missing in tennessee's running backs for awhile now.

I will give it to Hardesty for his toughness. He is definitely a north/south runner, and has pretty good speed, isn't afraid to plow into a big backer at full tilt boogie. However his running style has taken a toll on his body. He doesn't do much juking or directional changes, he just aims his helmet toward the end zone and churns his legs. A lot of times he tries to run through tacklers and gets nailed from the sides. never played SEC football, but getting hit by d line from the sides in my mind would be like having refrigerators catapulted at you, not fun, eventualy something would have to give :mf_surrender:

3.8 yards per carry over 3 full seasons says it all to me. I am looking forward to the new wave of talent in the backfield. Hopefully they won't disappoint on the field.

McFadden curled up in 2007 and Felix Jones got hurt. Anthony Dixon is a soft 240 lb TB.

Les Miles refuses to let Keiland Williams get a lot of touches.

Glen Coffee was a plowhorse, he didn't have great speed.

Did PJ Hill play against UT in the Outback Bowl?

I imagine Hardesty is one of the hardest runners Berry has faced. That's one thing I do like about Hardesty is he never goes down on first contact (might also be the reason he stays hurt)

I remember Jahvid Best carving us up Berry's freshman year.

USC lite has no chance of winning 10 games either. But there is a darn good chance we go to a better bowl than you guys and finish ahead of you in the east. Suck it Cock.

USC lite has no chance of winning 10 games either. But there is a darn good chance we go to a better bowl than you guys and finish ahead of you in the east. Suck it Cock.

as long as crompton/stephens/laimason/rozier/ is QB at UT, I will get plenty of sleep each night knowing that all you have to do to beat the vols is kick a field goal and then load the box for the rest of the game.

as long as crompton/stephens/laimason/rozier/ is QB at UT, I will get plenty of sleep each night knowing that all you have to do to beat the vols is kick a field goal and then load the box for the rest of the game.

Says the idiot with an actual worse QB situation.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Nothing personally against Hardesy, but he is a fifth year senior nad how many 100 yard games or long TD runs has he had. I suspect he will be a short yard back tis year. He doesn't fumble much.

You do know Stephen Garcia is your QB right? Regardless of who your QB is, you are still South Carolina. A team with no history...whose biggest tradition is running through a fake smoke machine to some piped in corny music. Your football team has never won anything and will never match up consistently with the top teams in the SEC. Sleep on THAT cock beast!

I think you got us confused with that pitiful offense ya'll will be fielding this year

That FG may be tough to get with yall's QB.

Hardesty is the bankrupt man's Marion Barber. Rave all we want about how hard he runs, his production and consistent presence in the training room shows what kind of back he is.

VN Store

Back